Paltas Hair Treatment (pht) Challenge

Iwanthealthyhair67

I know I'm late but just happy to report in finally ...

I applied it last night, I expected it to be more oily ...forgot to shake it up so I did I noticed a little bit of oil sitting on top of the what feels like glycerin ...

I rubbed it into my temples and crown (where I'm having the most problems). This morning I applied just a dab to my temples and noticed that my temples were slightly sore, maybe I was a bit over zealous last night I'll be extra careful with that in the future don't want to end up damaging my scalp or cause additional breakage from being too rough.

It doesn't tingle and is not oily, (I have the hair treatment) can anyone else attest to this.

Also the smell isn't so unpleasant, it smells like Pepto-Bismol, which doesn't linger I'm happy to say.

Iwanthealthyhair67

adding my pics

as you can see my hair is short, my temples are the problem areas

side view.jpg

left side

right side view.jpg

right side, hair is always combed over this side

My details:

I am relaxed 4a/4b

I'd like to promote hair growth in my edges and crown they are not completely gone but are thinning no matter how much I baby them (I believe thinning to be hereditary)

Main focus - edges and crown

I'll apply PHT at least 2-3 times weekly

I plan to start the inversion method

I recently cut my hair into an asymmetrical bob, so there will be no protective styling.

will insert pic when I get products.

charmtreese

I know I'm late but just happy to report in finally ...

I applied it last night, I expected it to be more oily ...forgot to shake it up so I did I noticed a little bit of oil sitting on top of the what feels like glycerin ...

I rubbed it into my temples and crown (where I'm having the most problems). This morning I applied just a dab to my temples and noticed that my temples were slightly sore, maybe I was a bit over zealous last night I'll be extra careful with that in the future don't want to end up damaging my scalp or cause additional breakage from being too rough.

It doesn't tingle and is not oily, (I have the hair treatment) can anyone else attest to this.

Also the smell isn't so unpleasant, it smells like Pepto-Bismol, which doesn't linger I'm happy to say.

For me it only tingles when I use it on a freshly washed scalp...other than that I do not feel the tingles. As for it being oily, It could be, but I use other oils on my hair and the treatment on my scalp. IMO my hair is no more oilier than normal when I use this product.

Iwanthealthyhair67

I washed my hair on Saturday and didn't apply any products to my scalp until using Paltas last night, so I'd say my scalp was clean...

When trying a product like this and everyone talks about tingling and i'm not experiencing that, it gives me a sinking feeling that there might be a possibility that some of my follicles are dead...

I did get a feeling this morning but I cant say it was 'tingly' I wanted to add peppermint to it but I really want to see if this products works for me w/o out me having to make any adjustments to the formula.

For me it only tingles when I use it on a freshly washed scalp...other than that I do not feel the tingles. As for it being oily, It could be, but I use other oils on my hair and the treatment on my scalp. IMO my hair is no more oilier than normal when I use this product.

charmtreese

I washed my hair on Saturday and didn't apply any products to my scalp until using Paltas last night, so I'd say my scalp was clean...

When trying a product like this and everyone talks about tingling and i'm not experiencing that, it gives me a sinking feeling that there might be a possibility that some of my follicles are dead...

I did get a feeling this morning but I cant say it was 'tingly' I wanted to add peppermint to it but I really want to see if this products works for me w/o out me having to make any adjustments to the formula.

When I apply the treatment my pores are still open from just being washed, If I waited a day or two after washing to apply I wouldn't feel the tingles either.

I don't feel the tingles when I use the product during the week.

Also, my mom used it on her scalp immediately after washing and she didn't feel tingles either. :nono:

WhereItsAt

That’s what I do.. I drink and I know things....
Well I said I would post pics so here goes.

IMG_20131224_083229.jpg

ForumRunner_20140219_220253.jpg

ForumRunner_20140216_203615.jpg

ForumRunner_20140219_220327.jpg

First pic is beginning of challenge. Just had permed my hair. The second picture is from 2.16.14. Don't know why my hair was so bushy and I hadn't bothered to flat iron it either. My hair is like it never seen a perm. I know I had some under processed parts of my hair but all of my hair is like a big bush now. I guess I won't try to perm it again and leave it as is.

Third pic is from the same day as first pic. Mini bald spot. Last pic is from 2.16.14 as well. Spot is filling in but still has a way to go.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using LHCF

PureSilver

Thanks for these useful pics ladies, all i can say is that paltas keeps my edges LAID and i love it and i really need to stock up if i intend to do this 27 weeks stretch. Thanks to ilong and smores for helping a sista out, much appreciated!

cynd

Still using Paltas but now instead of using it by itself I am mixing it was lavender, rosemary, thyme and cedarwood. I'm also going under the steamer for a few minutes after I put in on my scalp most of the time. One month in and I'm starting to see hair growing and on the top of my/crown where it was as bald as the palm of my hand. I'm going to stick with this combination. Started using Paltas around Jan 21st.

WhereItsAt

I'm starting to get really scared. I'm starting to get random spots like the one in the previous pics I showed y'all before starting the Paltas. It's just like I can randomly part parts of my hair and can see where there is a small bald spot with a thinned out hair around that part.

Maybe I'm destined to never get to enjoy having a healthy head of hair. It's growing but finding another spot like the other one is starting to concern me.

WhereItsAt

Pic. It's to the left and further back from other spot.

20140302_195036-1.jpg

Idk what I'm going to do or what's even causing them. Genetics aren't really on my side with the hair game. SMH. I feel really sad.

yodie

You should go see a derm or Trichologist.
My hair is longer than it's ever been thanks to DE Transitioning mousse, hair vitamin, Mineral Rich, low-no heat, inverting, and Paltas!

Last edited:

ilong

God's Own
It appears that many of you are experiencing some good results since you starting using Paltas. That is AWESOME. I just wished PAK would get together on the ordering process.

Well ladies - if my eyes and hands are not deceiving me and if my progress continues on the same course I think I will have some amazing results to share in June.

I don't want to be premature (which I don't believe that I would be) - but just in case I want to wait and monitor my progress.

I hope everyone continues to progress with their HJ using Paltas.

WhereItsAt

Thanks Yodie for the advice. I think I'm going to see a derm Friday. At least before I get another sew in. My hair is growing but those spots are not going to cut it. Especially when I don't know what's causing them.

I think I may reach APL by June hopefully but it won't matter if I have bald patches all over everywhere.

WhereItsAt

I'm still using Paltas. I've been so preoccupied with other things lately that I haven't been updating like I should. I haven't gotten a sew in and I have been using a half wig for a few weeks. I will be ordering a new wig soon and I will keep my hair corn rowed under my wigs for awhile so I can have access to my scalp. I will be ordering more Paltas soon but I just cracked open my second bottle. I do mix essential oils with mine now: Rosemary, peppermint, cedarwood, ylang ylang, and thyme.

PureSilver

I could not find my Paltas for 1 week byt oddly since the last time i applied my NG still feels soft. I did find it today though and i'm gonna make sure after washing my hair tomorrow i oil my NG and scalp carefully because Paltas is definitely a product that gives its money's worth and does what it claims

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Haven't used PALTAS in a couple weeks.

I had been using Strong Roots Pimento (got a Relaxer) and then I switched over to KeraVada Oil for a minute.

Will be pulling my PALTAS back out soon. Will probably Alternate that with ED JBCO.

Another Poster sent me her bottle. She thought it made her hair "too greasy".

I should still order a bottle, just to make sure I have it on hand.

Iwanthealthyhair67

I'm not getting a shine at all I have to use a coconut oil for the shine, maybe my hand is too heavy, now my hair is so soft it would take curls.

yodie

I'm still using Paltas. I've been so preoccupied with other things lately that I haven't been updating like I should. I haven't gotten a sew in and I have been using a half wig for a few weeks. I will be ordering a new wig soon and I will keep my hair corn rowed under my wigs for awhile so I can have access to my scalp. I will be ordering more Paltas soon but I just cracked open my second bottle. I do mix essential oils with mine now: Rosemary, peppermint, cedarwood, ylang ylang, and thyme.

What did the derm say?

WhereItsAt

Yodie, she said that I had inflammation in my scalp.. which I'm not shocked from bc I used to suffer from chronic urticaria that they assumed bc my immune system was really strong, hypersensitive and responded to things by swelling. Im never sick and they said that was a sign. They never really found a cause. Thankfully it went away last year and I have an occasional flare up.

But I have steroid cream and pills for the spots but my body laughs at steroids these days so we will see where this goes.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Pulled PALTAS Hair Rx back out. :grin:

I've been using KeraVada Oil(s), JBCO and some other Oils to make my PALTAS Stretch.

I've been 'rotating' it with other Oils.

I'm back on it for a few weeks. And I just ordered another Bottle.

charmtreese

Update pics: January 1- March 26 (bad pics, but we're all family here! Lol)

Not the best update pics....sorry. I'm using my collar bone as a marker. So far I'm really enjoying Paltas. I'm a slow grower, and I feel that Paltas is really helping with growth and retention.

Attachments

• image-2836145788.jpg
    image-2836145788.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 129
  • image-2812792738.jpg
    image-2812792738.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 124
  • image-2162450287.jpg
    image-2162450287.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 120

PureSilver

Katrice, you should join us. Paltas is a god send product for me. I have never been able to stretch 4.5months post relaxer without weaves or wigs and i was able to do that by just bunning and applying Paltas. It truly moisturizes my NG and keeps my hair really soft.

Katrice

Katrice, you should join us. Paltas is a god send product for me. I have never been able to stretch 4.5months post relaxer without weaves or wigs and i was able to do that by just bunning and applying Paltas. It truly moisturizes my NG and keeps my hair really soft.

Wow! I am ordering today. Thanks for sharing.

PureSilver

Katrice you are more than welcome, did you order your Paltas, if you have received and started using; how do you like it?

I'm staying the course with Paltas, it has been great on my NG. Will try to place an order later this month.

charmtreese

I'm still here going strong. I've added another product from the Paltas line to my regimen. It's the argan oil...I use it to seal during the week, I really like it.