PANTENE CASTING CALL For Hair Models...

FindingMe

http://www.expotv.com/promo/pantene-casting-call

We have some LOVELY heads of hair on here and quite a few that actually use Pantene on the regular...GO ahead and apply... I'd love to see some of Nikos' cousins out there representing Pantene...:grin:

ETA: Entries accepted July 1-31st

Submission Guidelines:
Video Submission
To be one of the next shining stars of Pantene featured in a national ad you must do two things—show off your Pantene hair and tell us what Pantene products you use. Read through and follow the steps below to make sure you shine during your audition.

Steps to a Great Audition Video
Choose a quiet, well-lit room for taping and stand against a light colored wall at a distance where we can see from your mid torso to the top of your head. Each video has a limit of two to three minutes, so take some time to prepare your audition before taping.

Step 1: Face the camera, smile and tell us your first name only.
Step 2: Give us some profile shots: Turn your body all the way to the left, then the right, then face away from the camera, holding for 3 seconds in each position.
Step 3: Facing the camera, run your fingers through your hair using both hands. Gently shake out your hair.
Step 4: Turn your back to the camera. With both hands, lift your hair up so that we can see the hair at the nape of your neck. Slowly let your hair drop down and gently sway to show your hair's movement.
Step 5: Still with your back to the camera, run down the full length of your hair with either a comb or your fingers.
Step 6: Face the camera and answer these two questions:
What Pantene products do you use?

Why should you be the next face of Pantene?

(*Keep your answers short and sweet so you don't run out of time, but remember to be yourself.)

Photo Submission
Along with your video submission we ask that you provide 2 photos:

•A headshot with your hair down and no makeup
•A photo that best displays your style and personality
Additional Submission Guidelines:
1.Only individuals 18 years or older can participate; if a resident of Alabama or Nebraska you must be 19 years or older; if a resident of Mississippi, you must be 21 years or older. If you are under the required age, a parent or guardian must submit the video/photos on your behalf and agree to the Content Restrictions and Release.
2.All photographs or videos submitted must contain only the submitter and no other individuals.
3.Videos or photos that do not comply with the Content Restrictions may not be posted.

Jenn22588

I guess I'd have to do photos, if I tried to run both hands through my hair I'll either be missing a finger or missing some hair. I guess that's why the girl on the video straightened her hair. I'd rather so my real texture though cause natural is in right now in commericals.

Aviah

You know, it would be a great thing, but I don't like Pantene products... (not like I got enough hair on my head anyway to do this lol)

lilsparkle825

steps 3 and 4 let you know they are looking for a clear girl. i am 3c/4a, i can't run a comb through my hair or make it drop/lift/sway.

Ediese

I wish I could try out, but I'm not taking out my weave until August. Sounds like fun!! I wish any/all of you luck if you're trying out. I love pantenes deep conditioner, and breakage defense conditioner.

FindingMe

steps 3 and 4 let you know they are looking for a clear girl. i am 3c/4a, i can't run a comb through my hair or make it drop/lift/sway.

That is kinda irritating, but i could see some kinky/curly curls running their fingers through their hair as well and the hair having some movement to lift up and move from side to side.:ohwell:

queenspence

Come on ladies- go for it- I think dlewis would be great as well as several others :) I'm almost certain anyone of you could win-

Fine 4s

I could only imagine the heat they'd apply to get my hair skkkkkkkrayyyyt! That actually makes me re-think....they would have to pay me top dollars to burn my hair off lol!

AfroKink

That is kinda irritating, but i could see some kinky/curly curls running their fingers through their hair as well and the hair having some movement to lift up and move from side to side.:ohwell:

I think some of the ladies with beautiful afro hair should still apply. The only hair care ad I've seen afro hair in was those Head and Shoulders ads. If we want to be represented in hair care advertisment we need to audition. Even if you can't run your fingers through your hair you can still fluff your fro or smooth your hand through a section or something. And long afro hair does move, especially when blown out. I encourage ladies to try

Lys

FindingMe

come on ladies...we have SOOOO many relaxed, texlaxed and natural heads on here that are SO fly... i did a search on Pantene before i posted this thread and a lot of threads came up with people who use and like the products...

When you go to the link, they have two curly haired models and two straight haired AA models

if ya'll not gone try out somebody give me some products to say i use in my application vid cause I have never used Pantene...LOL

ETA: I don't know if the two casting call vids they have are members here, but we have some LOVELY heads and beautiful faces on here who can really compete:

http://www.expotv.com/promo/pantene-casting-call

ETAA: April from ATL looks like shes Nikos' cuz...in her vid she states she's a natural...April, where you at gurl, come on in and post...we see you wit your protective bun at the end of the vid...:grin:

Last edited:

Aviah

Their hair is beautiful, however I would like to see some 4A's/B's too. The naturals look about 3b :sad:

JinaRicci

There are so many ladies on this board with beautiful hair- all types- they are walking ads for healthy beautiful hair- hope we get some representation!

*Muffin*

All those rules work well for relaxed heads and maybe looser textured naturals, but what about 4a/4b naturals? Do they have to press their hair to enter?

JustKiya

All those rules work well for relaxed heads and maybe looser textured naturals, but what about 4a/4b naturals? Do they have to press their hair to enter?

I would assume so, though, if you had your hair in twists, you could do the lift and shake, but you for sure couldn't do the comb. :ohwell: Even with a twistout, the comb move would mess it up - but you could do fingers, for sure.

I think if any 4a/b's are interested, they should make their hair 'move' however it does (or doesn't, as the case may be), and then tell Pantene they should be the face of Pantene because not all healthy hair blows in the wind. :look:

I can't use Pantene on my hair, or I would try out for it, myself.

FindingMe

two of the ladies that won last year are naturals/curly:

http://www.essence.com/microsites/pantene/home.html

Go here click "Meet the Women".

Rose looks like she might be texlaxed or a 3b/3c. Not sure. If you click the larger pics of Kimberly, she looks 4a to me. I think they spiral curled some of the hair on the top to style/give more definition for the shoot, but she looks 4a to me (especially looking at the 3rd row left pic...) Anywhoo, I believe they chose them specifically bc they had curly hair. After all, the line is Relaxed & Natural and they have 2 models of each...