Pantene R&N vs. Biolage vs. Nexxus

oduwu

I've tried all 3 in 3 consecutive weeks and I must say my winner is Nexxus by far. I tried the following products:

Pantene R&N Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner
Pantene R&N Break Free
Biolage Hydrotherappee (sp) moisturizing shampoo and conditioner
Nexxus Humectress
Nexxus Therappe

Pantene R&N Moisturizing was pretty good. It really help my dry scalp, although the break free wasn't as moisturizing. Biolage was so-so. Nothing special about it. I will use it as back-up. But the Nexxus left my hair soft, smooth and shiny. This was definitely worth the price and now I can get it at Wal-Mart.

SweetCaramel1

my hair hated pantene. don't know about biolage. love nexxus

are you trying the new nexxus products. i'm wondering if they are the same formula???

NeeSee

I'm a Nexxus lover. Hated Pantene (except light conditioning spray). Never tried Biolage, but I love my Nexxus.

MizaniMami

My hair really really like Nexxus, liked pantene, and kinda liked biolage. IMO there really isn't any comparison between pantene and Nexxus. Nexxus is salon and the results show.

oduwu

I think I am using the new Nexxus products. I puchased the ones that they recently started selling in Walmart.

SweetCaramel1

oduwu said:
I think I am using the new Nexxus products. I puchased the ones that they recently started selling in Walmart.

thank you. i guess i'll give them a shot. they sure are advertising heavier now that they are in retail. i've seen so many commercials.

SilkyandSmooth

SweetCaramel1 said:
thank you. i guess i'll give them a shot. they sure are advertising heavier now that they are in retail. i've seen so many commercials.

So true. I saw a Nexxus ad on one of NYC's bus shelters. I've never seen that before. Also, nearly every Duane Reade I go to has a Nexxus display right near the cash registers. I picked up some Headress yesterday. :lol:

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I wonder if the difference in preference depends on natural vs relaxed hair.

Pantene was garbage on my hair both early on in my transition and later on with much more natural hair to work with.

Nexxus....I really wanted to like Nexxus, (especially since I bought samples of the whole line) but it didn't do anything special for my hair. It's a good, thick, rich feeling product, but when I found Biolage, I realized Nexxus wasn't an optimal product for me. I used it after I had much more natural hair than relaxed.

The Biolage Ultra Hydrating line are my holy grail products. I'm telling you, it moisturizes my situation and preserves the sexy! When I use the shampoo, it makes the tangles fall out of my hair. The conditioning balm is the only one I have found that keeps my hair moisturized beyond wash day.

MizaniMami

JCoily said:
I wonder if the difference in preference depends on natural vs relaxed hair.

Pantene was garbage on my hair both early on in my transition and later on with much more natural hair to work with.

Nexxus....I really wanted to like Nexxus, (especially since I bought samples of the whole line) but it didn't do anything special for my hair. It's a good, thick, rich feeling product, but when I found Biolage, I realized Nexxus wasn't an optimal product for me. I used it after I had much more natural hair than relaxed.

The Biolage Ultra Hydrating line are my holy grail products. I'm telling you, it moisturizes my situation and preserves the sexy! When I use the shampoo, it makes the tangles fall out of my hair. The conditioning balm is the only one I have found that keeps my hair moisturized beyond wash day.

Lol,:lachen: :lol: I love it!

dlewis

I have not found a pantene that my hair likes, I used Biolage for a while, it was ok, I have used Nexxus emerg twice and I don't like it. Nexxus makes my hair feel like straw.