Pantene's Biggest Secret (semi-long)

GiGi55799

Pantene\'s Biggest Secret (semi-long)

Ok ladies, I got something to share with y'all. A lot of 4a/b ladies I know brush off Pantene products as not for their hair but I long ago threw this to the wind and started using Pantene conditioners(love love love)
Anyway I recently picked up Pantene's Pro V treatment leave in conditioner (with amino acids which make up protein if i remember chemistry correctly...) I used this daily and put oils at the ends. Then I would put a plastic shower cap on(thanks Den1) about an hour or so before going to bed and then take it off and wrap my hair as usual. If I didn't plan on wearing my hair out the next day I would keep the shower cap on all night. The next day depending on what I did, I would leave my hair down or put it in a style. The POINT is two/three weeks later, there is a difference in my hair-- Its ten times stronger. I know it is the Pantene leave-in because I havent done a protein in a WHILE and this is the only thing I have changed in my regimen. I think the shower cap allowed my hair shafts to open, allowing the amino acids in. Anyway I have had literally 0 breakage(even with wearing my hair out for the past week)since and I'm loving it. I know thi won't work for everyone but I've found a great new product and I'm soooo happy.
Just thought I would pass it on...Happy Hair Growing

Leslie_C

Re: Pantene\'s Biggest Secret (semi-long)

sounds like a keeper! I just recently discovered the pantene light spray conditioner detangler and its a keeper for sure-Ive used half the bottle in about 3 weeks!

Now, what exactly is this product called because Im not understanding which one u are talking about? Is it the daily strengthener? whats the exact name? Im combatting breakage right now and this sounds like something I could use...

LABETT

I really like the Pantene Full & Thick Conditioner.

GiGi55799

i believe it is the light spray it has a blue design and says pro v treatment on it. In the ingredients, silk amino acids are listed.

flyjump00

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
I really like the Pantene Full & Thick Conditioner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!

Leslie_C

OH ok, well we are talking about the same thing then! I LOVE that stuff! I just had to go look at my bottle! I use it all the time and love it! Its wonderful for detangling and I have found it I saturate my hair with it, I can finger detangle! so that way I dont lose hair like I do when I comb my hair wet....

ITA for sure!!

ms_kenesha

I use the Pantene Hydrating Curls conditioner for my con-washes and I LOVE it! I am also in love with the Pantene smell!

Allandra

I use Pantene Light Spray Conditioner Detangler, and I love it.

miss_brown

Pantene is the bomb
I've never found a conditioner that gives my hair as much slip as Smooth & Sleek
I also have Full & Thick in stock, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet

inthepink

Now, just what is this overnight treatment you learned from Den1...please do explain in further detail!

mermaid

I love all Pantene's product lines. My hair unfailingly responds positively to them and I love the scent!!

debyjay

Hairlove, I think she is talking about sleeping in a plastic cap for optium moisture. It gives me way too much moisture though, so I only put on the cap in the evening when I get home till bed time. Then I wrap and silk scarf. It's great!

Big Pantene fan here (Hydrating Curls line)! Along with the shampoo and conditioner, I use the Frizz-Control treatment, which is similar to the light-spray detangler.

GiGi55799

hairlove- deby is right, that is the trick i am speaking of, it works great!

inthepink

So then, the steps are:

1. Wash hair at night
2. Sleep in conditioner with plastic cap on
3. Do not rinse out conditioner in morning
4. Style

Just making sure I got that right...