Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-)

dyh080

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

do any of you ladies on this challenge have natural hair?

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

I do, I'm 6 months post bc. I'm a tightly coiled 4a. Chelz just bc'd too. Actually I believe there are quite a few ladies that are natural participating in this challenge.

I've gotten off my juice game but need to get back on. I need to purchase a "juice" with some protein in it. I want to balance my juicing. I'm in this No Buy challenge so that is complicating things a bit. I'm thinking about making my own until I truly want to take a pass for the No Buy Challenge. I mean it is only the 7th day.

dyh080

@Shay...thanks

Any others?....besides myself & Shay who are
1. not transitioning
2. do not hide their hair under wigs or weaves
3. not wearing extensions

In other words...simply juicing and wearing as if you had a jheri curl?

afrochique

I'm juicing with S-Curl!!!!

choctaw

@Shay...thanks

1. not transitioning

my hair is natural. I had a relaxer once about 30 years ago and chopped it off after a few months. I don't wear wigs, weaves and stopped wearing extensions last winter because it was killing my edges.

I wear my hair in braid/twist outs, chunky fro, celie braids. There is no way in h*** it looks like a jheri curl :lachen::lachen:

choctaw

I do, I'm 6 months post bc. I'm a tightly coiled 4a. Chelz just bc'd too. Actually I believe there are quite a few ladies that are natural participating in this challenge.

I've gotten off my juice game but need to get back on. I need to purchase a "juice" with some protein in it. I want to balance my juicing. I'm in this No Buy challenge so that is complicating things a bit. I'm thinking about making my own until I truly want to take a pass for the No Buy Challenge. I mean it is only the 7th day.

do a search for Mz.MoMo's home made juice. she uses infusium 23 in her mix

JuiceMobsta

@Shay...thanks

1. not transitioning

Yes:grin:, as Shay72 mentioned, I am now completely natural as of recently and will continue to wear my hair aloose. :yep:

Are you having good results thus far? :eyebrows2

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched

Still juicing...

cadi

@Shay...thanks

1. not transitioning

I am 100 natural and wear my hair in small bun

choctaw

still juicing ... topped off my juice bottle with rosewater, tablespoon of Olde Jamaican Black Castor Oil and shot of GVP Infusium 23. my twistouts got swang ... they spinnin 'Mobsta, they spinnin!!!

NikkiQ

I'm bowing out. I haven't used my juice in a while and with so much on my plate planning a wedding in 8 months, I won't have it on my mind to do. GL ladies and HHG! :wave:

Embyra

which of the Care Free Curl contain protein?:perplexed

Platinum

which of the Care Free Curl contain protein?:perplexed

I believe the CFC Gold activators and moisturizers contain protein. It's been a while since I used them.

Platinum

I haven't checked in with this challenge in a while but I'm still juicing. I'm back in braids for a while and I'm retaining well.:yep: I think I may need to step it up on the protein more often because I noticed a few split ends after my last braid takedown.

Embyra

I believe the CFC Gold activators and moisturizers contain protein. It's been a while since I used them.

thanks i will just get lusters s curl:yep:

janda

I almost forgot about this challenge. But I'm still juicin' every night with Bee Mine Juicy then sealing with WGO. It's been a great combo.

Shay72

Natural, 4A

Been juicing every morning. I just forget at night. I will try to remember.

RayRayFurious

Still juicing. I think I need to buy a case of S-curl. I go through a bottle a month. I'd definitely save money.

Anyone using any organic juices, like Oyin Handmade's products? I'm afraid to ditch the S-curl because it works so well (and the other juices I've used don't compare), but I want to use more natural product eventually...

Shay72

Natural, 4A

Still juicing. I think I need to buy a case of S-curl. I go through a bottle a month. I'd definitely save money.

Anyone using any organic juices, like Oyin Handmade's products? I'm afraid to ditch the S-curl because it works so well (and the other juices I've used don't compare), but I want to use more natural product eventually...

I use Oyin's Juices & Berries, Hairveda's Hydrasilica, and Shea Moisture's Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist. I love them all. Oh yeah I also use Curls Lavish Curls. I am thinking of using the aloe vera juice and oil combo that I use for my pre poo too bc as soon as that stuff hits my hair my curls pop and my hair is instantly moisturized.

maxineshaw

Lmao:lachen::lachen::lachen: Sorry I'm late responding back:look:

Awww we missed you too, those that are left of us. Its winter time, the juice wagon done fell apart!:lachen:

And you already know if you even "breathe" near the thread you have to sign your life off to the juice, quit playin:lachen:

Yes that ponytail sounds on point, you gotta let it breathe, before it was like...its gettin tight in here, pop that hair band, air it out.(Drake?) :giggle:

Oh how long was your hair in teh back???:eyebrows2 Gimme dat juicetimonial chile!! And ummmmm how much hair your sis have? :scratchch

Hi Chelz!!!

See, told you I'd find this post. I didn't think it would be so easy though. WHERE THE HECK IS EVERYBODY??? Then again, I just signed back in for the first time since 1-2-2011 at 10:59pm (according to LHCF...I'm not that meticulous:look:).

Dat juicetimonial...

I have no idea how long my hair is in the back exactly, but it is not far from APL. I've never been a fan of measuring my hair. I'm so happy to be seeing results. Yes, I am still juicing. I will forever be juicing. I'm just no longer using the Africa's Best product. I have decided to stick with Qhemet products for 2011. I don't care to reapply my moisturizers throughout the week. With QB, I only have to apply it once after I wash my hair. Then if I really want to, I can spritz. Spritzing is not a necessity though. I am still using Oyin's Juice and Berries (same bottle). I'm thinking about purchasing the OHHB. I'm not sure if it's necessary.

It's funny you should ask me about my sister. If I had replied back when you posted this comment, I would have said she's a permie scrapping APL (although she needed a haircut). However, she big chopped like two weeks ago. It was so funny. She just randomly walked out of the bathroom with no hair on her ponytail with this huge Kool-Aid man grin on her face. Her hair was still 'swept' up in a ponytail fashion when she cut. So, when she combed her hair down it looked absolutely ridiculous and uneven. It's a good thing that she just kept a little permed hair because she plans on transitioning using halfwigs and other weave items (...not my thing if you can't tell:)).

Feels good to be back on the board. Off to read celebrity gossip:grin:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy

I'm still around, changed my juice though. Right now, I'm loving Sofn'free curl activator & moisturizer :lick:

faithVA

Is this challenge still going on for 2011?

I would like to join if this challenge is still open.

When I first shaved my head I used Stay So Fro and it worked wonderfully for me. It was all I used. After I wore extensions for a few months and took them out it didn't work the same. So I tried a lot of different things.

Last weekend, I sprayed a mixture of water, glycerin and aloe vera on my hair and my hair was so soft and stayed moistured. It was greasy and sticky though which I think I can minimize by adjusting the water/glycerin mixture.

This weekend I sprayed my hair again with a more diluted mixture and then put in two strand twists using Kinky Kurly Curling Custard and my twists look fabulous and feel moisturized.

So next shampoo I want to try it again, adjusting the water/glycerin ratios and see if I have the same results.

So I want to