Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-)

Mz.MoMo5235

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

I'll be juicing back in the states. The juice and India dont like each other lol

lamaria211

I just bought me some scurl I want to start juicing now but I only want to wash biweekly and the juice may cause to much buildup for that. Im not sure

MissZane

Am a lil late, but i've decieded 2 juice aswell.
I have a sew in at the moment, just bought my scurl...
Ready 2 go!

ycj1

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

Anybody still juicing????????
Yes, I am, been juicing for a couple of months consistently and my hair is definitely retaining more than with any other product as far as a leave in. Using only the care free curl instant activator but will try the instant moisturizing spray soon. That care free gold is the Shizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Evo-ny

Fell off the juicy bandwagon when my hair was straightened, but now I'm back to juicing and sealing every second day. Every day is too much for my hair.

SpicyPisces

3 Years Natural

I've been juicing and, when combined with sealing with safflower oil, my hair has been extremely happy :yep:. Right now I juice 2-3x per week (after I cowash), but I remoisturize between washes if my hair feels dry.

ycj1

Fell off the juicy bandwagon when my hair was straightened, but now I'm back to juicing and sealing every second day. Every day is too much for my hair.
Yeah, I understand about you not being able to juice everyday but for me it's an absolute must. My hair is extremely dry for some reason so when I wash my hair like I did last night I actually have to juice twice, let it air dry then a couple of hours later before bed I have to juice again bc my hair sucks up the first application. But I can honestly say it has made a huge difference with my hair. Even when I apply the juice I literally only have like 2 to 3 shed hairs in my hands after applying it all over. Who knew!
Also I like using it too bc I don't have to spend unecessary money to order products anymore that may or may not work and end up being too expensive and going to my hair product grave yard. Every month I plan on purchasing a couple of bottles so I will never be without it.

Evo-ny

I think it's because of my "sealant", it's a mix of extra virgin coconut oil and hemp seed oil. Afterwards I always braid it up or put it in a bun. Stays moisturized for such a long time!

I'm so glad that scurl is working out extremely well. I just need to be consistent with it and put away the flat iron for good. Whatever happened to the juice police? They're supposed to keep me on my game! ;)

ycj1

I think it's because of my "sealant", it's a mix of extra virgin coconut oil and hemp seed oil. Afterwards I always braid it up or put it in a bun. Stays moisturized for such a long time!

I'm so glad that scurl is working out extremely well. I just need to be consistent with it and put away the flat iron for good. Whatever happened to the juice police? They're supposed to keep me on my game! ;)
I was thinking the same thing about the Jheri curl police. Wonder what really happened.......she kept me on my toes all the time!

seraphim712

How does this work exactly? Do I just apply the product to my hair daily and wear it in a protective style?

BlackDiamond21

I forgot to ask to be added :nono: but I have been JUICIN faithfully since the start of the challenge :grin: Please ADD ME???

My JUICES are:

Hawaiian Silky 14 n1
S Curl No Drip Activator

I use any one of those at least once a day, sometimes twice depending on what the hair is doing.

Here are my 3 'Keep It JUICY Tips':

1. ALWAYS seal - It doesn't matter if you are juicin first thing in the morning or right before you go to bed - YOU MUST seal in that juice!

2. EXPERIMENT with different juices, they are not all the same - My first juice was Care Free on my natural TWA and it did NOTHIN for my hair. I then tried S Curl that did just ok on my TWA but now that my hair has grown, it works WONDERS! HS 14 n 1, similar story. On my relaxed hair years ago it was BLAH now on my natural hair, it's like MAGIC!

3. JUICE DAILY - don't let a day go by that you don't add juice to your hair! Granted some styles that isn't possible but when you can, JUICE!

#teamkeepinitjuicy :flowers:

KaramelDiva1978

I havent seen this thread in forever!! I am relaxed, APL, and still living and dying by the juice!! Lol. S curl and Lustrasilk Curl Max Curl Activator moisturizer daily with oil and ORS hairepair moisturizer.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14

I'm restarting the juice again! I'll be using the braid sheen to do this challenge until I'm 6 months post. After that, I will start using S curl.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I just started using Smooth n Shine Curl Activator Gel under my Eco styler for wash n go's. So far, so good.

My Friend

^^^^^^^u read my mind when you found and bumped this, lol

naturalgyrl5199

Just started Aloe Vera Juice concoction this week. I'll be juicing. We may need a spinny...

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Used a simple glycerin n water spritz (since I have several bottles of veggie glycerin). Hair has been moist ever since, LOL.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Chelz, I had been trying various product without much success. Last time I used a glycerin based product was May of last year. And my hair suffered from June till now :-( so I decided to go back to some old tried and true methods/products. Hoping for better retention in 2013.

D.Lisha

Hey hey now! The juice is my staple product for the summer....but if I may ask....wasn't there a specific reason that it was supposed to be avoided during the winter months? Or am I just tripping???

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

gennatay

I've been using a mix of water, aloe vera powder, glycerin and a little CD Hair elixir. My hair LOVES it. For winter, I just adjusted the amount of glycerin.

OceanEyes

D.Lisha

I think that's because glycerin is a humectant and in the winter it can possibly remove moisture from hair instead of attracting moisture to it.

JuiceMobsta

Chelz, I had been trying various product without much success. Last time I used a glycerin based product was May of last year. And my hair suffered from June till now :-( so I decided to go back to some old tried and true methods/products. Hoping for better retention in 2013.

MyAngelEyez~C~U Well I hope that the juice and those other methods/products will work out for you!! Are you still doing wash n go's? What is your reggie, if you don't mind me asking :)

CocoGlow

Used a simple glycerin n water spritz (since I have several bottles of veggie glycerin). Hair has been moist ever since, LOL.

I've been using a mix of water, aloe vera powder, glycerin and a little CD Hair elixir. My hair LOVES it. For winter, I just adjusted the amount of glycerin.

@MyAngelEyez~C~U @gennatay

Can you give measurements or ratios of how much glycerin you add?

How do you adjust your recipes for dry weather vs humid weather?

@Chelz

Do you notice your hair feels any different using the Cantu for Naturals Activator or Lotion in Dry weather?

Do you have to make any adjustments to your routine based on the weather?

Also does anyone still wear a plastic cap to make these glycerin based products penetrate?

Thanks Ladies!

MyAngelEyez~C~U

MyAngelEyez~C~U Well I hope that the juice and those other methods/products will work out for you!! Are you still doing wash n go's? What is your reggie, if you don't mind me asking :)

Chelz, I was cowashing and wet/dry bunning over the summer, then I had health issues arise that required m to take a beta blocker starting in August. I think that med played a part in some hair loss/breakage. I changed up my products, wet back to cones (briefly), and tried black soap to wash (briefly), both no goes. I tried out Devacare condition and No Poo, made my hair dry out, bleh. So now I've gone back to using my trusty Tresemme Naturals moisture conditioner with olive oil or hempseed oil added for cowashing/conditioning, and wash n goes using Ecostyler and some form of The Juice, LOL. Also stopped taking the beta blocker last week since it was more to keep me comfortable than it was a necessity (doc actually said I would be just fine without it). I have had a pro steamer for a year now but barely use it so I'm going to try to add once a week steaming as well.

Last edited:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

NappyRina, when mixing in a 32oz bottle I use about 4oz of glycerin and 28oz of water. I find that having my mix be mostly water helps prevent the reverse affects of drying out my hair in winter, but that is the mix I use year round. And yes I baggy at night.

CocoGlow

@NappyRina, when mixing in a 32oz bottle I use about 4oz of glycerin and 28oz of water. I find that having my mix be mostly water helps prevent the reverse affects of drying out my hair in winter, but that is the mix I use year round. And yes I baggy at night.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Thanks for the measurements!

So if I were to try it out in a smaller bottle it would be (16oz bottle: 2oz Glycerin + 14oz Water) OR (8oz bottle: 1oz Glycerin + 7oz Water)

Sounds so simple! :yep:

Since you baggy at night, are you applying the spritz every night right before you baggy, every morning after removing your baggy, or just several times a week as needed? (I'm assuming the baggy reactivates it so you don't have to spray often, right?)

After washing/conditioning do you spritz it on wet hair or wait until your hair is damp or dry?

Do you ever see the need to "seal" it in with oils/butter or apply any other "leave-in conditioners" or "moisturizers" before or afterwards? Or does that just cause unneccesary buildup or a coating blocking out moisture?

My hair LOVES glycerin in humid weather & I'm trying to see how I can incorporate it all year round! I think baggying may be the key and I can avoid all these oils/butters to "seal" that end up just making my hair feel hard & greasy once dry anyway. May not even need "leave-ins" hmmm. :look:

Thanks in advance - sorry I'm very inquisitive :grin:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Thanks for the measurements!

So if I were to try it out in a smaller bottle it would be (16oz bottle: 2oz Glycerin + 14oz Water) OR (8oz bottle: 1oz Glycerin + 7oz Water)

Sounds so simple! :yep:

Since you baggy at night, are you applying the spritz every night right before you baggy, every morning after removing your baggy, or just several times a week as needed? (I'm assuming the baggy reactivates it so you don't have to spray often, right?)

After washing/conditioning do you spritz it on wet hair or wait until your hair is damp or dry?

Do you ever see the need to "seal" it in with oils/butter or apply any other "leave-in conditioners" or "moisturizers" before or afterwards? Or does that just cause unneccesary buildup or a coating blocking out moisture?

My hair LOVES glycerin in humid weather & I'm trying to see how I can incorporate it all year round! I think baggying may be the key and I can avoid all these oils/butters to "seal" that end up just making my hair feel hard & greasy once dry anyway. May not even need "leave-ins" hmmm. :look:

Thanks in advance - sorry I'm very inquisitive :grin:

NappyRina, Spritzing lightly before bagging is good, usually in the morning you just have to fluff n go. Baggying definitely reduces the amount of product I have to use, as it holds in moisture, thus reactivating what has already been applied. I usually don't use leave-ins. I sometimes use a Shea butter whip that I make on top of the Ecostyler, but I really don't seal much. I usually cowash once a week and water rinse during the week 3rd or 4th day and reapply product.