Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-)

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by JuiceMobsta, Jun 22, 2010.

1. HoneyA

HoneyA Goal:Hip length stretched

Blog Posts:
    Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

I'd sign up for another juice challenge. I juice 1x a day without fail with S-Curl. Since I BCed, the juice has been a life saver really.

2. Jewell

Jewell New Member

Blog Posts:
    Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

I would definitely be game for another Juice Challenge. My go-to products are Hawaiian Silky 14-N-1 spray and curl activator spray by S-Curl and Care Free Curl in the gold bottle. I would apply to my hair at night, bun and baggy the ends, then wear a bun without a baggy during the day.

The ingredients in the Cantu products Chelz listed below look good. Might have to pick up a bottle or two :yep: (I use a lot of products marketed for natural hair eventhough I'm texlaxed because I like mostly natural ingredients in my hair...plus my daughter is natural so they will be used by both of us).

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  3. HoneyA

Blog Posts:

Jewell the Cantu products work well too but S-Curl is my staple. I use them when I run out of S-Curl. The Care Free Curl Gold didn't work for me. Can't figure out what exactly is the problem so I just use that as a back up when my S-Curl runs out too.

ETA: CFCG works great for me on freshly washed and conditioned hair. That was the problem.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  4. greenandchic

greenandchic Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:

A little late for the party but tonight I used Hawaiian Silk "Dry Look" Gel Activator. My hair is super soft and silky without being "greasy".

5. soonergirl

soonergirl Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Bump bump!! Loving the new smell of SCurl

6. HoneyA

Blog Posts:

I like it too. Much better than the old scent. Just picked up another bottle.

7. Evolving78

Evolving78 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Albums:

i loved that stuff for my DD. i gotta get some more of that this weekend!

as far as my juice, we use HS 14n1 and i use Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Mist on me. doesn't leave a greasy, wet feel, and it dries quickly. great for relaxed fine hair that doesn't like to be weighed down.

8. Evolving78

Evolving78 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Albums:

i can't find the new Scurl formula.

9. kimpaur

kimpaur Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Albums:

I'm sooo glad I found this thread a few months ago! I've been using Hawaiian Silky and am noticing a big difference in my hair! Its so moisturized and when I seal with grapeseed oil? :lovedrool:

10. soonergirl

Blog Posts:
    I found it at Walgreens

11. JuiceMobsta

JuiceMobsta Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:

soonergirl I like the new smell too :)

HoneyA I picked up a bottle around the end of last month, the scent really is much better than the old one. :)

shortdub78 I have seen it in CVS. That's where I got mine...I also saw it in a grocery store.:look:

12. yoleee

yoleee New Member

Blog Posts:

I got the new formula at Sally's a couple days ago.

13. gennatay

gennatay Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:

I've been using S-Curl, but my husband mistakingly bought me some Care Free Girl Gold. (How this happened I dont know) anyone knows how it compares to S-Curl? I am going to try it tonight.

14. HoneyA

Blog Posts:

gennatay to me both of them work extremely well. Very moisturising and helps with retention. The CFCG seems a bit lighter to me but it might just be my imagination.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  15. greenandchic

Blog Posts:

Loving my Long Aid Gel but will try to pick up some S-Curl today...

16. RegaLady

RegaLady New Member

Blog Posts:

I got the new SCurl and it smells much better! It has argon oil in it too.

17. soonergirl

Blog Posts:

Chelz is there gonna be a new challenge, or is there one currently that I am unaware of?

18. gvin89

gvin89 Active Member

Blog Posts:
    S-Curl or Hawaiian Silky 14-n-1? Water/avj isn't cutting it anymore.

19. Jobwright

Jobwright New Member

Blog Posts:
  20. HoneyA

Blog Posts:

I tried moisturising my natural hair with just water and something else, a spritz mix, but for some reason the ends of my hair always got dry throughout the week and I get tangles at the crown all of which cause breakage. So now I just stick to the glycerin moisturisers and activators. I have no issues with breakage anymore.

21. beauti

beauti Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Albums:

Jobwright throw some rosewater in there too :look: I mentioned that in the transitioning thread but forgot to add it in that other thread. And sometimes I add the oil in the mix (evoo) and just shake the bottle before spritzing

22. greenandchic

Blog Posts:

I just got the S-Curl the day before yesterday and I love it already. I used it on dry hair and it made my hair soft and moisturized but not unnaturally shiny and greasy. The scent is nice too.

23. Nonie

Nonie Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to the dark side! *insert evil laugh here*

24. greenandchic

Blog Posts:

Right?! I had no idea what you guys were doing here. When I read "Jheri Juice" my mind went to Soul Glo and I ran away screaming. This is nothing like the greasy stuff my friends used on their hair :lol:

25. soonergirl

Blog Posts:
    greenandchic Nonie yep we are so misunderstood... Many don't understand our love for the juice!!!

26. Mande30

Mande30 New Member

Blog Posts:

Has anyone had any negative affects from the NEW SCurl?

27. Kilacurlz

Kilacurlz Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    ^^No, my daughter's hair did great with it. Now I have to use the old, which works just as good on her but doesn't smell as nicely, because I can't remember where I purchased the new one. How's it working for you?

After seeing the talk about soul glow.... I had a flashback to the 80s just the other day when some of my daughters teammates touched her hair. I know s curl doesn't leave that greasy feel but for a second I had that flashback. This one little girl exclaimed "kilacurlz dd, your hair is SO soft!!!! I can't help touching it."

28. LadyPBC

LadyPBC Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:

I have several bottles of SCurl that I use nightly (i'm a type 4 fine haired natural) and it keeps my hair so moisturized. I really love how it feels when I seal it with some Shea Moisture curlypudding stuff but I obviously over-do it because my hair is weighted down and feels a lit tle greasy. Just to save money I cut my SCurl with water - maybe that's why my hair seems to shrink when I set it free. I want to try a wash n go with the juice on my type 4 hair!

I think that I will try the Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1 again tooo. When's our challenge? Count me in!

29. Mande30

Mande30 New Member

Blog Posts:

Kilacurlz Funny :lachen:

I have not tried the new formual. I am a little worried about all the oils and some of the other things that they added. My hair usually does not respond well to some of the stuff. I have not been able to find any stores that still sell the OLD formula.

30. soonergirl

Blog Posts:
    ^^^ fyi I find the ole school 32 ounce bottles of s curl at beauty supply stores