Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

I'm back on this juice challenge after seeing you Chelz reach waist length. Why didn't I just stick to it back then when I started!? I need waist length hair now!

I have finally found the perfect product that keeps my hair moisturized all day every day...Long Aid Curl Activator Gel!!! If only I tried this years ago, my hair could probably be waist length right now. No breakage, no tangling, no matting, no dryness, little to no frizz...just softness, shine, moisture, great elasticity, and curl definition!

Right now, I've been doing wash n gos.I tried a twistout last night and it didn't turn out right with this product because my hair was still super moisturized! Lol! So I will just stick to wash n go's with my natural coil pattern. I might sometimes wear my hair back into a ponytail or bun depending on how I feel at the time.

Waist Length, here I come!!! :woot:

greenandchic

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

Poohbear - For twist/braid outs, I've used LongAid on 2nd day hair after its been completely dry and set with whatever I used to twist or braid my hair with. My hair remains super soft until wash day. My hair does revert a little but I still have the pattern.

RegaLady

Ya'll the juice is wonderful! So I had breakage, had to do a cut(trim), had a not so great sew in that caused a set back(not the sew in itself, just that the stylist used heat and a small tooth comb on my 4a/b hair:nono:) Any way, I had been hardcore juicing it out for about two weeks and I can tell the difference immediately! Of course I am bunning. I love it!

I like the new formula of Scurl but I will also get the old formula just in case.

Poohbear

Poohbear - For twist/braid outs, I've used LongAid on 2nd day hair after its been completely dry and set with whatever I used to twist or braid my hair with. My hair remains super soft until wash day. My hair does revert a little but I still have the pattern.

Thanks greenandchic. I'm gonna have to try that next time I wanna do a twistout.

Poohbear

Poohbear
Did you ever try it?

greenandchic - Yep, a week ago. Here are some pics below:

June 4th--The night before the twistout I put my hair into two-strand twists:

June 5th--twistout results:

At the end of the day, I did get a considerable amount of shrinkage from the Long Aid Activator Gel being in my hair. I tell ya, that stuff really moisturizes. If I want my twistouts to have more length, I can't use this stuff. :grin: But it's okay for right now since I am trying to keep my hair more moisturized for length retention.

greenandchic

Poohbear - Very nice! I will have to upload some photos of my hair with the Long Aid soon...

Evo-ny

Finally found the new S-Curl! Loving it! It was on sale, so I picked up 2 bottles of the 32oz! So I'm all:

S-CUUUURRRRLLLL
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE AN S-CURL PARTY
WE GONNA SHOW YOU HOOOWWWWW
EVERYBODY GET MOISTURIZED!

Anyone else a diehard member of the S-Curl 7?

gennatay

Anyone still using s-curl or care free curl gold? I searched but couldn't find a new challenge on this.

Mz.MoMo5235

I'm so confused. This is an old challenge so how did I get tagged? Was it a forum ghost?!

Super_Hero_Girl

Anyone still using s-curl or care free curl gold? I searched but couldn't find a new challenge on this.

Thanks for bumping this old thread. There's some good info here and I'm going to give this a try.

Urban

Yep, still using Scurl. Between that and Cantu Shea Moisture, my hair stays soft and moist.

Sheabutterboy

would this be considered a juicer?
Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Extra Moisture Detangler
Ingredients:
Glycerin (Vegetable), Water, Propanediol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm) Bark Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract, Panthenol, Fragrance (Parfum)