Parting Hair for Twists/Braids (w/o extensions)

I am thinking about twisting my hair for a couple of weeks w/o extensions.
I remember that the one thing that I disliked about my locs was my parting technique. My parts weren't even :wallbash:
I think that someone on this site has a fotki with their technique for parting their hair for microbraids or twists on their own hair w/o extensions.
Does anyone remember?
Or does anyone have some good tips on how to best part my hair out?

donewit-it

Hey you and I are about the same length. Beautiful hair by the way. IMO you really don't have to be too neat with the parts for twists or braids, which I am currently in (by the way).

You can just grab an inch worth per section and get to work. Or you can take one row at a time starting from the back and get to twisting or braiding. It normally takes me about 2 hours to just grab and twist. Or if I want to try and be neat about it, 3 1/2 hours.

You said you wanted to keep them in for a couple of weeks, so I wouldn't be too concerned with parts especially when they start to get frizzy as mine are now. I wish I could post pictures now, but I can't seem to fit them into my signature. Too big, just take my word for it. Good luck:grin:

Ivonnovi

I cornrow my hair in a pattern (as if for a weave) then I make diamond shaped parts ensuring that the parts in each row are offset.

My hair is thin, so in the pics below you can see the parts "clearly". Smaller parts can be used to close the braids in......I was just tooo lazy to do tiny braids/twists.

Attachments

• braidsclose.jpg
    braidsclose.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 27
  • braidloose.jpg
    braidloose.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 22