Pastors of L.A. Reality Show

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I think they all gay and/or on the downlow...a man cave, really? No telling what they do off camera in that man cave...

momi

Just finished watching the latest Preachers of La show -

All I have to say is "After seeing this show I now understand why the "salt has lost its savor". The lack of Biblical truth amongst the clergy profiled here is pretty astounding. The young lady said that a couple is married when a man enters the woman. <insert head scratch here> By this point I was yelling at the t.v.

It does appear that Bishop Ron and his wife seem to be pretty rooted and grounded though.

Iwanthealthyhair67

^^which young woman, Deitrick's new wife, she was a member of Noel's church she should know better than that.

lol, I give up I stopped watching after the first 2 episodes just wanted to see what the Pastors were up to.

mrselle

So, is Dietrick still the pastor of a church? Based on last night's episode I don't know that Dominique is ready for the role of being a pastor's wife. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt and say that I'm sure it was hard to be away from the man she loved and the father of her baby night after night. But...it seemed like she was giving every excuse in the book to condone the two of them living together. The way the topic keeps coming up I suspect that even if they weren't "officially" living together there were probably several nights where she and the baby spent the night with him. I don't know. I just get that impression.

LovelyRo

So, is Dietrick still the pastor of a church? Based on last night's episode I don't know that Dominique is ready for the role of being a pastor's wife. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt and say that I'm sure it was hard to be away from the man she loved and the father of her baby night after night. But...it seemed like she was giving every excuse in the book to condone the two of them living together. The way the topic keeps coming up I suspect that even if they weren't "officially" living together there were probably several nights where she and the baby spent the night with him. I don't know. I just get that impression.

He left his church in Detroit and I agree with you they were definitely spending some nights together!

TrulyBlsd85

This show is ridiculous! What was the point of them deciding to this, the only one I really see doing positive things and making sense is Bishop Ron and Pastor Haizlip.

CoilyFields

Havent gotten through the whole thread but here are my two cents:

Shacking:

The Bible doesnt mention shacking because that was not an option. Notice God says leave father and mother and cleave to wife...you left parents home and went straight to spouses, no in between stops.
Also the Bible uses the term virgin or widow when it speaks of single women. (Anyone else was a prostitute). So in the Bible we can conclude that in that society single women living with single men was unheard of except in instances of "prostitution". So while it is not listed as a sin (the same way abortion isn't), we can conclude from many verses that single, married, and widowed are the only acceptable states and the in-between we have crafted of shacking was born out of a desire to conveniently fulfil the lusts of fornication that God declares sinful. So while "shacking" may not appear in the Bible, no Christian should promote it as a viable alternative since its creation is simply to mimic the marraige covenant. The Bible says to FLEE fornication (notice how thats the only sin it actually says to run from rather than conquer? lol), not make it condusive.
And Detrick knows better. If you are feenin' for your "family" then just elope and have the wedding later.

Holy SPirit:
At the point of conversion we are all given the Holy Spirit. Every believer has the Holy spirit in them. But we do not always heed the Holy Spirit (we often grieve it with our sins). At my church we talk about being "filled" with the Holy Spirit as different than the "indwelling" (this is a semantical difference that is explained in new members class). Being indwelled is the HOly spirit living in us (always), being filled is letting the Spirit lead you...heeding the guidance. ALmost like a cup. You can be full (truly basking in the presence of the Spririt) or you can be drained (not empty but working on the bare minimum. Ways to be filled: singing, praying, Word of God. (SOrry I dont have my notes with the corroborating scriptures).

momi

I really enjoyed yesterday's episode. It was good to see Bishop Gipson (sp) going after his sister so passionately. He seems to be really sincere.

MzRhonda

I am just watching last nights episode.

Dominique is pregnant again.....I have noticed a belly in the last few episodes.

What they need with a house that has 6 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms????

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I really enjoyed yesterday's episode. It was good to see Bishop Gipson (sp) going after his sister so passionately. He seems to be really sincere.

Dominique is pregnant again.....I have noticed a belly in the last few episodes.

I forgot about this week. I pray that God's glory can come through this show. *sigh*

Shimmie

Staff member
Me too! I like what Pastor Gibson is doing and Pastor Haizlip seems to be focused on God's work and not flashy and blingy

Thanks MzRhonda for sharing this. I am so tired of the 'negative' focus on Ministry especially when there is so much good in the Christian community which is being ignored.

Question: I though Lisa Ray McCoy was Bishop Jones' 'interest'. I don't like using the term girl friend, here.

I will say that the woman on the show who 'seems' to be interested in him has more poise and class. She's not 'hollywood' show off.

((( Sister Hugs ))) to you Rhonda. :love2:

momi

Yes she appeared to be with child in more than one scene. I thought it was my imagination. :blush:

Shimmie

Staff member
Yes she appeared to be with child in more than one scene. I thought it was my imagination. :blush:

O' no... :thud:

momi... then what was all of his talk in the car about not 'shacking' up? Was she pregnant then? At the tea party as well when she shared that when a man 'enters' a woman, that makes them married....

What is going on?

Anyhooo'

:wave: Hi momi... ((((Sister Hugs )))) to you too, Precious Lady. :love2:

disgtgyal

momi... then what was all of his talk in the car about not 'shacking' up? Was she pregnant then? At the tea party as well when she shared that when a man 'enters' a woman, that makes them married....

What is going on?

Anyhooo'

I think Dominique meant that when a man enters a woman they are now one because of the intercourse you are now knitted together and so she translated being one as in they are now married, but I think she misinterpreted the point of what the bible said. Although I personally don't disagree with cohabiting I think its not best for this couple because they have proven they cannot control their sexual urges they might as well elope then habitually sin.

MzRhonda

Shimmie

I too thought Lisa Raye would be in since she and Noel were supposed to be an item but I have yet to see her so perhaps they are no longer.......plus it may have been advertised with her name for viewership.

I also think Dominique has been pregnant for a while including at the tea party......could be why Lavette was asking her questions and looking at her the way she was.

westNDNbeauty

I don't think Dominique does much thinking for herself. All of the foolishness she spews sounds a lot like Dietrick's words.

Who would be crazy enough to sit before married church ladies and say you're already married because you sleep with a man and made a baby? Sounds just like Dietrick telling Bishop that shacking is ok since it's no specifically stated in the bible.

Dietrick is reality TVs ultimate puppet master.

momi

What is going on?

Anyhooo'

Hey Sweet Shimmie! :drunk:

I don't know if she is pregnant or not , but she definitely looked like it.

As far as the comment about a man entering a woman - it was either ignorance or arrogance. On twitter she said she didn't respond to Mrs. Gibson because she respects her elders. No dear you didn't respond because you don't have a Biblical leg to stand on.

momi

I don't think Dominique does much thinking for herself. All of the foolishness she spews sounds a lot like Dietrick's words.

Who would be crazy enough to sit before married church ladies and say you're already married because you sleep with a man and made a baby? Sounds just like Dietrick telling Bishop that shacking is ok since it's no specifically stated in the bible.

Indeed. Hopefully she will come into the knowledge of the truth. As he said in an earlier episode "I came and snatched you out of the choir stand" (or something like that). If she continues in the faith and quite frankly stops listening to him, God willing she will mature in the faith.

Shimmie

Staff member
I think Dominique meant that when a man enters a woman they are now one because of the intercourse you are now knitted together and so she translated being one as in they are now married, but I think she misinterpreted the point of what the bible said.

Although I personally don't disagree with cohabiting

---- I think its not best for this couple because they have proven they cannot control their sexual urges they might as well elope then habitually sin.

:wave: Hi disgtgyal, how are your wedding plans coming along. I pray all is well and with minimal to no stress. And I am so serious... 'no stress'. :yep:

You are right, there is a misinterpretation of scripture if this is what Dominique thinks. It reminds me of a 'line' that a man will use to get a 'Church Girl' into bed without the benefits of marriage to just string her along.

And this is all the more reason that we as Women of God must demonstrate the 'Virtues' that God has given us. We cannot give the weaker ones the impression that co-habituating outside of marriage is safe, for it is not. There are things that we simply cannot do as it affects the entire Body of Christ.

Our bodies are not dead nor our hormones. :deadhorse: Sexual arousals do and will occur between a man and a woman, it's our DNA sealed within us. We cannot say to our Sisters and Brothers that 'we' live together outside of marriage and nothing will happen; nor say to them that there is no, nor will there be, any temptation....

...Especially if we say we can 'sleep' in the same bed and not allow anything to occur. That's not true, as men wake-up aroused, fully erect and there is a 100,000 per cent Guarantee, that he will want to have sex. He'll roll over in the bed and think... WOW.... Hmmmm, 'Woman' beside me... Tarzan make love. :grin: And the woman with all of her holiness has already surrendered and said 'yes' to him, from the very moment she chose to be there beside him.

The 'flesh' wants what it wants. Whenever we 'see' or 'hear' of an unmarried 'Christian' couple who are co-habituating and sleeping in the same bed and they profess that they do not yield to sexual intercourse, it's a set-up by satan for both the couple living together and for those who bear witness to it and are persuaded that they too, can do the same.

This may come as a 'harsh' word, but the truth, in love, has to be told. Souls are in danger because 'one' says it's okay to live together unmarried. The devil is a liar. And those who do and say it's safe to cohabitate while unmarried are being used of satan to lure others who are without strength to do the very same, only to end up in fornication.

May God have mercy... May God have mercy upon us all for the things we all do to harm the souls of others be it intended or not.

There are so many women who have a heart's cry to be loved and married, so much so that they become vulnerable and susceptible to a man's desires and they end up yielding to sexual temptation.

For this alone, we as Women of God cannot give the false witness and the impression to others that placing ourselves in sexually tempting situations will not have adverse consequences.

What we do 'validates' it for others in the Body of Christ to follow in the same path. Sex or no sex -- a serious line has been crossed when two unmarried people are living together and sharing the same bed. We have placed our brothers and sisters in crisis who think that it is safe for them to do the same.

God's Word says to 'Flee' fornication. There are so many heartbreaking consequences for those who have not. Look at the divers STD's, out of wedlock pregnancies, abortions among Christians, adulterous affairs, homosexuality....

Is one's Virtue no longer sacred and a precious gift from God to be treasured?

What's truly left for the Wedding Day? The Wedding Night? The Marriage?

If living together is that important, or that tempting for any couple, then it's far better for a couple to have a private ceremony in their Pastor's chambers with those close to them to 'bear witness', and later have the large wedding ceremony that the Bride dreams of.

I cannot leave this thread with the 'hanging' deception that it is God's Will for an unmarried couple to cohabitate. Their souls are too important to jeopardize.

In Jesus' Name, Amen.

disgtgyal

:wave: Hi disgtgyal, how are your wedding plans coming along. I pray all is well and with minimal to no stress. And I am so serious... 'no stress'. :yep:

You are right, there is a misinterpretation of scripture if this is what Dominique thinks. It reminds me of a 'line' that a man will use to get a 'Church Girl' into bed without the benefits of marriage to just string her along.

And this is all the more reason that we as Women of God must demonstrate the 'Virtues' that God has given us. We cannot give the weaker ones the impression that co-habituating outside of marriage is safe, for it is not. There are things that we simply cannot do as it affects the entire Body of Christ.

Our bodies are not dead nor our hormones. :deadhorse: Sexual arousals do and will occur between a man and a woman, it's our DNA sealed within us. We cannot say to our Sisters and Brothers that 'we' live together outside of marriage and nothing will happen; nor say to them that there is no, nor will there be, any temptation....

...Especially if we say we can 'sleep' in the same bed and not allow anything to occur. That's not true, as men wake-up aroused, fully erect and there is a 100,000 per cent Guarantee, that he will want to have sex. He'll roll over in the bed and think... WOW.... Hmmmm, 'Woman' beside me... Tarzan make love. :grin: And the woman with all of her holiness has already surrendered and said 'yes' to him, from the very moment she chose to be there beside him.

The 'flesh' wants what it wants. Whenever we 'see' or 'hear' of an unmarried 'Christian' couple who are co-habituating and sleeping in the same bed and they profess that they do not yield to sexual intercourse, it's a set-up by satan for both the couple living together and for those who bear witness to it and are persuaded that they too, can do the same.

This may come as a 'harsh' word, but the truth, in love, has to be told. Souls are in danger because 'one' says it's okay to live together unmarried. The devil is a liar. And those who do and say it's safe to cohabitate while unmarried are being used of satan to lure others who are without strength to do the very same, only to end up in fornication.

May God have mercy... May God have mercy upon us all for the things we all do to harm the souls of others be it intended or not.

There are so many women who have a heart's cry to be loved and married, so much so that they become vulnerable and susceptible to a man's desires and they end up yielding to sexual temptation.

For this alone, we as Women of God cannot give the false witness and the impression to others that placing ourselves in sexually tempting situations will not have adverse consequences.

What we do 'validates' it for others in the Body of Christ to follow in the same path. Sex or no sex -- a serious line has been crossed when two unmarried people are living together and sharing the same bed. We have placed our brothers and sisters in crisis who think that it is safe for them to do the same.

God's Word says to 'Flee' fornication. There are so many heartbreaking consequences for those who have not. Look at the divers STD's, out of wedlock pregnancies, abortions among Christians, adulterous affairs, homosexuality....

Is one's Virtue no longer sacred and a precious gift from God to be treasured?

What's truly left for the Wedding Day? The Wedding Night? The Marriage?

If living together is that important, or that tempting for any couple, then it's far better for a couple to have a private ceremony in their Pastor's chambers with those close to them to 'bear witness', and later have the large wedding ceremony that the Bride dreams of.

I cannot leave this thread with the 'hanging' deception that it is God's Will for an unmarried couple to cohabitate. Their souls are too important to jeopardize.

In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Wedding plans are pretty much finalized we are having a destination wedding which eliminated a lot of stress, thanks for asking. I agree with most of what you said I do believe domonique is completely deceived and I feel badly for her. One thing I remember FH said once is that as my future protector he isn't just responsible for protecting me physically but also emotionally mentally and more importantly spiritually and that includes protecting me from sexual sin, we had that conversation awhile ago when I asked him why he isn't affectionate (kissing and cuddling) when we are alone. I say all that to say detrick doesn't seem to be considering that. It's my personal belief that it is harder to abstain once you've already had sex I liken to a drug addict being clean, no matter what he will always be in rehab. As far as my situation which I know you disagree with, it may be atypical but we aren't engaging in sin and maybe it's different coz us becoz we don't know what we are missing and not to put too much of our business out there we do have rules for when I spend a few days at his home there is no kissing in the house and we only go to the bed when we are ready to sleep and it's under different comforters. We both waited this long so it makes no sense to sin now. As I've said regarding cohabitating or sleepovers to each their own.

MrsHaseeb

Amen!!! A thousand times over.

mrselle

Did any one catch what Deitrick said when he approached Dominique with the idea of eloping right then, but still having the wedding ceremony? He said something to the effect of God had blessed them out of order....the baby, then the house, so why not just go ahead and get married now. I was thinking to myself that God works in decency and order, so why....as a pastor....a man who is supposed to know the Word...say that God has blessed them out of order? Their actions were out of order, God wasn't out of order.

Shimmie

Staff member
Wedding plans are pretty much finalized we are having a destination wedding which eliminated a lot of stress, thanks for asking. I agree with most of what you said I do believe domonique is completely deceived and I feel badly for her.

One thing I remember FH said once is that as my future protector he isn't just responsible for protecting me physically but also emotionally mentally and more importantly spiritually and that includes protecting me from sexual sin, we had that conversation awhile ago when I asked him why he isn't affectionate (kissing and cuddling) when we are alone.

I say all that to say detrick doesn't seem to be considering that. It's my personal belief that it is harder to abstain once you've already had sex I liken to a drug addict being clean, no matter what he will always be in rehab. As far as my situation which I know you disagree with, it may be atypical but we aren't engaging in sin and maybe it's different coz us becoz we don't know what we are missing and not to put too much of our business out there we do have rules for when I spend a few days at his home there is no kissing in the house and we only go to the bed when we are ready to sleep and it's under different comforters. We both waited this long so it makes no sense to sin now. As I've said regarding cohabitating or sleepovers to each their own.

:clap: Congratulations and the very best on your Destination wedding.

Have you checked on the marriage statutes in the country where you are going to be married? The Marriage laws in other countries (Islands, etc.) differ than those here in the United States and you may be binding yourself to some legalities which may cause challenges for you when you return to live here at home (the U.S.).

What many couples are doing is they are getting married in the States and having the Destination Ceremony afterwards. Some of the problems encountered are obtaining Marriage licenses in another country. You have to be licensed to marry in the country/state/proveince in which you are getting married. You want to have these papers secured before you travel.

Please check into this if you haven't already. I am truly wishing you the best in your upcoming Marriage. It's a beautiful time for you and your future husband and with the Lord.