PCOS/Insulin Resistance/Thyroid Issues Support Thread (for Hair)

theoneandonly

I haven't had libido issues (I'm overactive in that area). I'm in a womens diabetic support group and there are 2 lady's out of the 15 that have low libidos. Have you spoken to your doctor or researched yourself ways to address it?

I think I'm going to switch doctors, because he doesn't seem to be listening. I'm going to try maca root. I saw another post on here and some ladies said that it is natural and it works really good.

thecurlycamshow

I don't blame you. Some doctors are just lazy and prefer to prescribe rather than look outside the box. I have a new doctor now who specialize in nephrology. He's looking for natural ways for me to increase my metabolism. Good luck on your search :)

ThickRoot

I'm so grateful for this thread. My SO's mom was diagnosed with thyroid disorder; hypo. It's pretty bad as I understand it she can go into a coma at any time. Anyway, she's here visiting with us and she's been telling me her hair is coming out, but when I saw her, I saw all the back was out. She wants my help but I don't know what to do since it's a med condition that's causing it. :perplexed You ladies have made a lot of good suggestions and I'm going to share them with her. Thank you! Keep it coming.

subscribing....

chicha

I don't have thyroid disease but I subscribe to this thread because I have female pattern baldness which is what happens also to thyroid suffers. Its also called androgenic alopecia or dht related hair loss. Either way dht attacks my hair follicles just like it does thyroid sufferers so I"m open to things that has helped you all with your hair.