PCOS suffers, please give me hope.

Lotus

Ladies.. I am really discouraged. I am sooo sick of seeing my hair fall out in clumps. I mean, dang, how often am I supposed to unclog the shower drain-:mad:. I am thankful I have hair on my head (some don't), but at this rate, by the time I'm 50 I feel like I'm going to be d@mn near bald. :(

Do any PCOS ladies have hair BS or below?

Are you on meds/supplements/diets that decreased your shedding? If so, which ones?

Anything... I'm desperate.

OT- Do you take EPO? If so, has it affected your symptoms?

TIA

Cayenne0622

Lotus said:
Ladies.. I am really discouraged. I am sooo sick of seeing my hair fall out in clumps. I mean, dang, how often am I supposed to unclog the shower drain-:mad:. I am thankful I have hair on my head (some don't), but at this rate, by the time I'm 50 I feel like I'm going to be d@mn near bald. :(

Do any PCOS ladies have hair BS or below?

Are you on meds/supplements/diets that decreased your shedding? If so, which ones?

Anything... I'm desperate.

OT- Do you take EPO? If so, has it affected your symptoms?

TIA

I felt so sad when I read your post. I don't have PCOS but I do understand and feel your pain with the hair shedding situation. It is heart wrenching to keep fighting the same battle month after month after month. It makes me feel depressed and defeated. I keep wanting to just chop mine off really short and start from scratch but that doesn't guarantee me that it won't start again when it starts growing out. Anyway, my thoughts are with you. I hope someone here has some answers for you.

Lotus

ravenmerlita said:
I don't have PCOS but I've suffered from some hair thinning and exteremely brittle hair in the past. I take a Saw Palmetto supplement and it has helped some.

Have you visited http://www.soulcysters.net/?

Yep, checked out Soulcysters. When I was first diagnosed I think I read almost everything on the net about this disease- :lol:. My doctor was no help.. "birthcontrol, birthcontrol, birthcontrol".

I'ma check out Saw Palemtto and see if it's recommended for this disease. Thanks a bunch...

Lotus

Cayenne0622 said:
I felt so sad when I read your post. I don't have PCOS but I do understand and feel your pain with the hair shedding situation. It is heart wrenching to keep fighting the same battle month after month after month. It makes me feel depressed and defeated. I keep wanting to just chop mine off really short and start from scratch but that doesn't guarantee me that it won't start again when it starts growing out. Anyway, my thoughts are with you. I hope someone here has some answers for you.

That's the same way I felt last night. I know better though, because I have a big head- :lol:

Girl dont even get me started this morning (I cried myself to sleep last night). I just feel sooo helpless, ya know. I cant truely relate to cancer victoms/survivors... as that's taking things to a whole nother level. Yet, I am humbled by my personal cross. Everyone once in a while...I have a pitty party (like last night) and I just wanta know why me? Why cant I eat certain things, why is it soo hard for me to loose weight, why did I wait til I was damn near middle aged to get acne and dont get me started about going to the OBGYN is sooo draining.

NewYorkgyrl

Are you natural or relaxed??? If you are relaxed I would suggest that you go natural. Mainly because your hair will gain alot more strength and will better be able to handle all the hormonal (or lack) going on in the body. At least for me.

I have not been diagnosed from by the doctor with this condition yet (still waiting on test results). But the doctor feels that I either have this condition or that I am only ovualting from one side...that's the only thing that explains never getting a period unless given birth control.

Anyway.....I have been transitioning and my hair is soooo much thicker.

Also I highly suggest trying on BBD stretch. This (too me) is the best thing since slice bread.
During the 5-7 months of my transition SOOOOOOOOOO much hair was coming out during the detangling process. The tub was FULL of hair. I mean ALL OVER. I use to cry every time I had to detangle during those months. It was so bad I use to pray that if I look in the mirror after detangling to not have a blad spot.

Since using this product I rarely see alot of hair shedding...even after not combing my hair for 2 weeks!!!!! Please look into it. I know for me that it is my STAPLE product.

Good luck with everything

Last edited:

Lotus

NewYorkgyrl said:
Are you natural or relaxed??? If you are relaxed I would suggest that you go natural. Mainly because your hair will gain alot more strength and will better be able to handle all the hormonal (or lack) going on in the body. At least for me.

I have not been diagnosed from by the doctor with this condition yet (still waiting on test results). But the doctor feels that I either have this condition or that I am only ovualting from one side...that's the only thing that explains never getting a period unless given birth control.

Anyway.....I have been transitioning and my hair is soooo much thicker.

Also I highly suggest trying on BBD stretch. This (too me) is the best thing since slice bread.
During the 5-7 months of my transition SOOOOOOOOOO much hair was coming out during the detangling process. The tub was FULL of hair. I mean ALL OVER. I use to cry every time I had to detangle during those months. It was so bad I use to pray that if I look in the mirror after detangling to not have a blad spot.

Since using this product I rarely see alot of hair shedding...even after not combing my hair for 2 weeks!!!!! Please look into it. I know for me that it is my STAPLE product.

Good luck with everything

Thanks! What is BBD stretch?

ETA: found BBD in old threads. Is this better than Aphogee? It it ok to use it once a week?

Im currently relaxed... undecided on going natural. If I can maintain my hair w/out doing a big chop... cutting little bit off at a time, I'd like to go natural. I currently relax when I have 'something special' to do. Which is maybe every 3 to 6 months.

I Co'd every other day. Then down to every three days. This year I'm going to CO every week and deep condition w/every wash and see if that helps. CO at the beginning were a G_d send. I lost less hair at first (wasnt washing enough). I'm still tring to find my balance and staple products.

Last edited:
I was recently diagnosed with PCOS. I always wondered what was wrong with my hair and why it never quite reached its full potential. Right now my hair is braided and is slowly but surely growing back. And since I started on my vitamin regime (especially EPO) I noticed that my hair is not shedding as much as before. I find the information on this site very helpful. I'm trying just about everything, all the way from MTG to Monistat!!! I pray you find strength and encouragement - You are not alone.

NOEChic

I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong.
I was just diagnosed w/ PCOS in Nov. I never had any major problem w/ shedding, only when I did not take care of my hair. I am on Metformin (Glucophage EQ) 1000MG. It is supposed to help with a lot of the symptoms that you face, except it causes the worse nausea.

Lotus

Africana in Alberta said:
I was recently diagnosed with PCOS. I always wondered what was wrong with my hair and why it never quite reached its full potential. Right now my hair is braided and is slowly but surely growing back. And since I started on my vitamin regime (especially EPO) I noticed that my hair is not shedding as much as before. I find the information on this site very helpful. I'm trying just about everything, all the way from MTG to Monistat!!! I pray you find strength and encouragement - You are not alone.

Thank you.

I think I'm going to try them both EPO and Saw Palmetto. I just started taking Viviscal, Bioten and MSM.. what's 2 more. I'm just going to take 'em to da head (LOL) and call it a day.

godzooki

I have bad pcos (talking extreme hairyness, sporatic periods and everything!)and shedding has always been a big issue. I'm a massive shedder but since I've been shedding like a dog since puberty and I still have hair, I've learned to just accept that I'm going to shed more than normal and try not to stress out. Still, every now and then it gets really frustrating.

Lotus

godzooki said:
I have bad pcos (talking extreme hairyness, sporatic periods and everything!)and shedding has always been a big issue. I'm a massive shedder but since I've been shedding like a dog since puberty and I still have hair, I've learned to just accept that I'm going to shed more than normal and try not to stress out. Still, every now and then it gets really frustrating.

*I noticed your I Love henna* Does henna help at all with your shedding or at least help to give your hair that 'fuller' look? It seems like it's real messy (from the posts) and time consuming. I've been thinking that if I can get in the habit of henna now, then maybe my hair over time will appear fuller. I'm tring to avoid having to wrap my MBL (goal) hair around my head to hide my scalp when I get old.