Pebco Salon Hood Hair Dryer

HoneyDew

Glossylipz had one and she gave some good reviews. (where you at girlie!? ) She just replaced it with the Pibbs.

I just bought a Pebco and I am expecting it to arrive tomorrow or Thursday. :grin:

I searched here for some info, as well. I found more info when I searched for Protools. I think that is the manufacturer name.

I saw some info, but not a lot. What I did see made me feel good about getting it. Actually glossy's reviews helped a lot.

*Frisky*

I bought the smaller version of this dryer but havent used it yet. I would suggest that you check some of your local BSS first to save on that shipping charge.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I'm looking forward to the reviews. I can't access the link at work ;). I'll have to wait until I get home this evening.:look:

Lavendar

Hey, that looks just like the Pibbs but costs hundreds less. I'd be interested in some reviews as well. Does anyone know if Sally's carries this one as well?

*Frisky*

Hey, that looks just like the Pibbs but costs hundreds less. I'd be interested in some reviews as well. Does anyone know if Sally's carries this one as well?

I dont know about Sallys but that BSS in Oxon Hills carries them and they are 139 I think...

ETA: The wattage on these is more than the Pibbs...

neonbright

I would try a local BSS, but I am on the coast of N.C. and I only know of two asian and 2 Sallys here and I won't find that one. It is $137.95 plus 35.00s/h and that is not too bad.

HoneyDew

I would try a local BSS, but I am on the coast of N.C. and I only know of two asian and 2 Sallys here and I won't find that one. It is $137.95 plus 35.00s/h and that is not too bad.

I got one from the same seller for $99. I think it was same seller. But, since we had been talking about that dryer over the last few weeks, the $99 auction never stays at that price, but it is still a chance to get it cheaper.

Lavendar

I dont know about Sallys but that BSS in Oxon Hills carries them and they are 139 I think...

ETA: The wattage on these is more than the Pibbs...

I assume you are talking about the real big BSS. Thank you, thank you Marie!!! I'm gonna check it out. I may not have to wait until X-mas after all.:thumbsup:

*Frisky*

I assume you are talking about the real big BSS. Thank you, thank you Marie!!! I'm gonna check it out. I may not have to wait until X-mas after all.:thumbsup:

yes ma'am that is the one...I got the smaller version for 60.00. It is on sale and the regular price is 129...I wanted the one that looks like the Pibbs but I really didnt want to spend that much on a dryer but they do have them there.

HoneyDew

yes ma'am that is the one...I got the smaller version for 60.00. It is on sale and the regular price is 129...I wanted the one that looks like the Pibbs but I really didnt want to spend that much on a dryer but they do have them there.

Marie, you got such a good deal! I don't want to see myself go into that BSS. I true junkie heaven!

I will have to take a field trip there one day. :)

divinefavor

Dang, I can't view this at work (ebay is blocked).

I am all set to by the Pibbs in the middle of September. But if this one works the same at a cheaper price then I might as well buy this.

Come to think of it, if this is the same one Glossylipz had, didn't this dryer melt on her or something like that ?

shunta

I remember seeing a dryer similar to this in the Sally's catalog. You have to go inside Sallys and just ask one of the ladies there for a catalog and they'll give you one. Sallys actually has a lot of dryers to choose from in the catalog, but a lot of people dont know cuz they just assume that if its not in the actual store that its probably unavailable.

ETA: Also, if you order from Sallys and dont like it, you can always take that bad baby right back. Trust me, I know cuz I am the queen of returns. They probably hate to see me coming:lachen:

Last edited:

HoneyDew

:ohwell::look::perplexed

I don't know how to assemble it.

It has a paper with the "structure scheme" but not step by step instructions.

:yawn:

I will be calling them tomorrow...

HoneyDew

Here is the manufacturer's website:

http://www.pebcoproducts.com/hairdryers/ED2200.htm

HoneyDew

Ladies I put my dryer together, but there is a HUGE PROBLEM!

I tested out the dryer and the plastic inside MELTED when I turned it on. It is the plastic in which the fan blows air through. It is as if there is some cord inside that is too close to the plastic. Whatever it is it's getting hot and melted the dryer. I am so disappointed - I was so ready to use this.

Now my room smells like melted plastic and there is smoke all around.

I just took it out of the box today. :nono:

shunta

:ohwell::look::perplexed

I don't know how to assemble it.

It has a paper with the "structure scheme" but not step by step instructions.

:yawn:

I will be calling them tomorrow...

Girl you better get that DB of yours to assemble it!:lachen:My hubby hates to see me buying anything big like that cuz he knows that most likely he will have to assemble it. Im 'challenged 'in that area.:ohwell::sad:

shunta

Ladies I put my dryer together, but there is a HUGE PROBLEM!

I tested out the dryer and the plastic inside MELTED when I turned it on. It is the plastic in which the fan blows air through. It is as if there is some cord inside that is too close to the plastic. Whatever it is it's getting hot and melted the dryer. I am so disappointed - I was so ready to use this.

Now my room smells like melted plastic and there is smoke all around.

I just took it out of the box today. :nono:

Oh no! I wonder what happened??? Im sorry

HoneyDew

Girl you better get that DB of yours to assemble it!:lachen:My hubby hates to see me buying anything big like that cuz he knows that most likely he will have to assemble it. Im 'challenged 'in that area.:ohwell::sad:

Girl, I could not wait for him! I had to rip that box open!

But, I am glad I did it, because they will hear from me tomorrow.

I can see that there is a metal piece in there that is part of the mechanics of it. It is loose and touching the plastic and melted it.

Here are some pictures - you can really see the metal piece in the 2nd one.

Last edited:

HoneyDew

^^^ Good thing you are in braids and was not under their :nono:, that's crazy. There must be a malfuntion with this dryer.

You are so right girl. And just the fact that I left it running for a few min while I walked to the kitchen to get something. It was cool when I first turned it on and I wanted to see how hot it would get. I got back and smoke was everywhere.

IntoMyhair

Dang HoneyDew, good thing you where not under there.

I hate that plastic smell
by the time your new dryer comes you'll have your braides out.

HoneyDew

Dang HoneyDew, good thing you where not under there.

I hate that plastic smell
by the time your new dryer comes you'll have your braides out.

Okay I am going to stop trippin'. :spinning::drunk:

They did say that anything defective if reported within 24 hours of receipt would be replaced. I emailed them and attached the pictures.

I really should have been in bed an hour ago - not fooling with this dryer. But, I am glad I did not wait like I initially planned.

One thing I can say about the dryer is that it is not loud, which is nice. I can see how these kind of dryers work so well. unlike my other dryer, the hood is made to distribute the heat evenly and it is even designed to kinda direct the heat back up so the back and sides get dry.

I think I will really like doing sets and deep conditions with this.

It does seem that the thin stand cannot hold the head of it up to well. It did better when it was lowered all the way down. When I adjusted it all the way up, it seemed to be that you can easily knock it over while it is on carpet. I think it would do better on a flatter surface.

I am excited to try this when I get a replacement.

Last edited:

IntoMyhair

Okay I am going to stop trippin'. :spinning::drunk:

They did say that anything defective if reported within 24 hours of receipt would be replaced. I emailed them and attached the pictures.

I really should have been in bed an hour ago - not fooling with this dryer. But, I am glad I did not wait like I initially planned.

I had to bus out laughing at the Bed an hour ago part :lachen:

neonbright

Girl I got the money in the bank, let me know if this is the one to buy. I hope it works out and the next one doesn't malfunction.