Peppermint Oil - be careful!

KinksnCurlz

I decided yesterday was the time to start mixing my hair concoctions with the oils that i purchased months ago. I was making a scalp oil (using jojoba, rosemary, castor, coconut, wgo) when i said, hey, y don't i put a few drops of peppermint in it for tingles. For some reason, i thought the little "stopper" on the bottle was on tight enough so i turned it upside down. Needles to say, it spilled (on my sweatpants) and i decided to catch most of it with my hands. BIG MISTAKE!!!! my hands were tingling all day to the point where I would run them under cold water and it literally felt like I got burned. I washed and washed and washed my hands until i felt that the smell was gone. Than i decided to run to the bss around my way, it was only a few blocks so i decided not to change my pants. ANOTHER BIG MISTAKE!! i smelled like a peppermint ball, so much so i was making myself sick. Nobody said anything but I know they were thinking "wtf kind of perfume is this lady wearing"
Moral of this story is, Don't Try This At Home!!

p.s. and yes, i still managed to make 2 bottles of scalp oil (1 with ppmnt and one without) and one bottle "endz" oil.

KinksnCurlz

hahahaha... yeah, they finally stopped Allandra, i was getting so worried yesterday but i didn't hook up my computer so i couldn't call on my "hair friends" for help. And yes, i do have rosemary oil - it's so strong tho - but i have yet to use it. I'll use my hair concoction this evening or tomorrow evening.
i got all my oils from www.cedarvale.com (including the peppermint).

ms_kenesha

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
p.s. and yes, i still managed to make 2 bottles of scalp oil (1 with ppmnt and one without) and one bottle "endz" oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

CH what do you put in your "endz" oil?

TIA

nijilah

I still need to try peppermint oil, but I have been using rosemary oil for 2 years and it is great. But, the smell can be overwhelming. Everytime I apply it to my scalp in the morning, my co-workers tell me that they know that I washed my hair this morning and joke about my smell. The former hippies say that I take them back to the sixties with that smell.

Momstar

I know what peppermint oil can do. I had this stinky conditioner and I was gonna make it smell better with peppermint oil. I thought the bottle was practically empty so I kept trying to beat the oil out of it. It turned that I just couldn't see the oil.
Anyway I put the pepperminted-conditioner on my hair and almost blinded myself. It seemed like the more I tried to rinse the more it burned. I felt it all over my scalp and on my neck. I just gave up on rinsing and got out of the shower. I almost cried because I couldn't get the peppermint off of me. I learned my lesson and now I can't stand the smell of peppermint. I won't look at it and I can't even eat it.

nekee

peppermint oil if mistakely rubbed on the lips causes them to blister and dry so excessively

*just saying*

myco

Have you tried using dried or crushed peppermint leaves? I find that it's easier to use for facials. I can also steep it in water if I want to make a rinse. I usually buy it from Whole Foods.

KinksnCurlz

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:

[/ QUOTE ]

CH what do you put in your "endz" oil?

TIA

[/ QUOTE ]

A little carrot oil, unrefined coconut oil, castor (i think), aloe & avocado. As you can c, i have nothing better 2 do with my time than mix oils
. I used some this morning and my ends look really nice.

diva4life

I get my oils, rosemary, t-tree, and lavender from whole foods too. They are also quite aromatic when you add a few drops to a hot bath. It's really a treat for after you have applied conditioner to your hair, put on a plastic cap, wrapped your head in a warm towel and slide into the aromabath as your hair conditions...ahhhhh......so relaxing, til the kids knock on the door and wake you up