Peppermint Oil

mzcris

Hi ladies!

If anyone uses peppermint oil could you please tell me what do you use it in and how often please? I recently purchased some peppermint oil and have yet to use it. Thanks in advance!

i dilute it, along with rosemary, and lavendar with some olive oil and massage it my scalp with it. it gives a nice tingle.

i dilute it, along with rosemary, and lavendar with some olive oil and massage it my scalp with it. it gives a nice tingle.

I do this, but put the peppermint eo into my daily leave-in spray. It has jojoba in it already, distilled water among other things and I love the tingle. I have added it to deep conditioners, shampoos,homemade soaps,castile soaps, leave-ins, hair butters. I pretty much have used in in most anything. You do have to be careful not to use too much. It's really strong smelling and others can smell it too :blush:, plus it can give you a headache. But in moderation it's great!!!

I use it to tone down the smell of WGO (which works really well), and I also add it to my deep conditioners to give my scalp that tingly feel.

I add a few drops each of peppermint, ylang ylang, lavender, and rosemary EOs to a gallon of water for my final rinse. I used to do a cold rinse, but since it's winter I now do a tepid rinse. I figure it's beneficial enough with the EOs without giving myself the puh-nomonia. I sometimes add ACV, and the EOs help to cut down on the vinegar smell.

I also add peppermint oil to my Aubrey's GPB. I like the extra tingle.

Good post! I always like finding out about new possible uses for the stuff I already have.

I mix it Peppermint Oil , Rosemary and Coconut Oil to conditioner for prepoo..very stimulating..

I use mine on wash and co-wash days. I use one or two drops in my shampoo or co-wash conditioner. Then, I massage into my scalp. I think it does work...for me anyway.

I mix mine in my sulfer mix and I made the mistake of adding too much once and had to toss the batch. Way too strong.

OT - ddean your hair is looking awesome! It looks so much thicker now.

I love peppermint oil! I use it in my DC, growth aid concoction, scalp massages, and even after washing my face! The soothing tingles and cooling effect calms me and I sleep well :grin:.

Theres peppermint oil in the BT Balm I use.... So thats how I do it. RIght on my scalp every two days.

I mix mine in my sulfer mix and I made the mistake of adding too much once and had to toss the batch. Way too strong.

OT - ddean your hair is looking awesome! It looks so much thicker now.

:blush: Thank you!! It IS much thicker...thanks to you ladies and LHCF!

Back