PERSONAL TRANSITIONING THREAD

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm interested in transitioning, but the transition thread is too large and impersonal for me. I've decided to use this thread to post my transitioning methods and regimen here to share with others. Hopefully I can get some advice and personalized help. Anyone is allowed to help or join me.:yep: Today I am getting my ends trimmed for the beginning of my transition. I am officially 13 weeks post. This is the longest I've ever transitioned for. I reached my first personal milestone. I am going to do small chops every 3 or 4 months. I was gung ho about BCing at first, but then it occurred to me that I am going to miss having hair long enough do bun.:rolleyes: This will also help me to get more familiar with my natural hair and learn other style options without stressing myself out. I must thank you for the support you have given me.:notworthy:yay:

ravenmerlita

Congratulations and best wishes on your transition. I think keeping it long enough to do a bun is a good idea. I am transitioning and hope to do it without chopping too.

DDTexlaxed

My husband even talked to me about it. :grin: I smiled and told him about my transition plans. I got 3" of dry brittle ends chopped off. Thankfully I can still bun it. I plan on doing flat twists as my main style. My twists are holding better, so I think I am going to be using these to make my transition easier. I can't believe how much better my hair is behaving without those dry ends.:blush: I'm glad that I decided to go through with this salon visit.

MrsQueeny

Aw sooky now. Congrats on your decision and I look forward to checking out your progress.

OT: Did you get the tape? Q

Mook's hair

This is a great idea. you're right, that Transitioners support thread is very very long.

I'm here to support you and help however I can.

DDTexlaxed

Thanks, Mook! I wish I could cornrow, but I am all thumbs!:lachen:
Q, got the video. My friend is making a copy for me because I don't have the right machine to do it.:rolleyes: You guys have some serious braid skills. I have to learn how to braid. My carpal tunnel hands just can't get it right.:ohwell::wallbash:

lady lina

Your right that transitional thread is kinda long. I also am transitioning too! :grin: Good luck on your hair journey!

Tiffchelle22

Congrats!! I'm transitioning, too - we're just about the same amount of time along. Tuesday will make 14 weeks post for me. I'm also planning to do it without a BC. I'm happy to offer any support and share this journey with you. Best wishes!

DDTexlaxed

I have to retire my flat twists. My hair ended up looking crazy all last week.:blush: It's back to roller sets and pony tails.:rolleyes:

Afrikaisi

I just ended my transition, I planned to transition for a year and a half doing small chops every month. But I got anxious and just cut the relaxed ends off a couple of days ago. I am very happy I did, but looking at myself in the mirror is a little hard. I am not used to having such short curly hair. Sometimes I don't think people will think I am as cute as I believe myself to be, well when i had more hair. Anyway I am not upset with my decision, I actually feel like a whole new person. And I am just to looking at myself in the mirror and seeing my old self. I just want to be even more happy with the way God created me, and that is going to come with time, I know I just have to get used to my new look.

DDTexlaxed

I had the ultimate hair disaster. Nothing I did looked right and after spending 2 and a half hours on trying to set my hair, I am not sure I can continue doing this.:nono: My hair hasn't looked good in days and I'm really not happy. I am seriously tired of transitioning.:cry:

issidoll

Hi girl, take a slow breath. Its going to be ok. What's hard at the moment, is it managing the NG? I have been steaming my hair and that has helped such a lot. My rollersets look very bad along my roots but I am styling with a scarf. Others blow out their roots or flat iron. If thats not for you try some IC aloe vera gel, some castor oil and tie down for 15 mins with a silk/satin scarf to get the NG to lie down.
Good luck, its a journey so focus on small steps. And if the journey is not for you...so be it. :yep: