PH Balance Database!

preciouslove0x

The ebay link I wasn't trying to pay more. But after I bought them I learned that my friend who is a chem major could get me some for free from her class. :wallbash: lol

Im in chem right now. I most definitely will be taking 2 or 10 in my pocket :rolleyes: shooooooo i already paid over a 1000 dollars for the class so i think that should cover those 10 strips :look:

Pooks

Earlier in my HHJ I emailed Aubrey Organics to find out the pH of the products I used most when I first started, here's what they said (reply received 20th March 2009):

HSR poo - 9.1
HSR con - 3.7
Jojoba & Aloe con - 4.6
GBP con - 4.4
GT Clarifying poo - 10.3
Green Tea Cream Rinse - 5.5
Swimmer's poo - 6.2
Swimmer's con - 6.2

dachsies_rule!

Got my strips today and tested all my products

Shampoos

Mizani moisturizing milk bath 6
KeraCare 1st lather 7
QB Egyptian wheatgrass cleansing tea 7 **

Conditioners

ORS replenishing 5
QB Cocoa tree detangling ghee 7 **
KC Knot today 7
Yes to Cucumbers Color care leave-in 5
Yes to Carrots pampering hair mud 5
Ion reconstructing treatment 6.5
Mizani renew streng. recon. Gelee 5

Moisturizers

ORS olive oil 7
QB Burdock root butter cream 6 **
QB Amla and olive heavy cream 7 **
Haw. Silky miracle 14 in 1 6
Mizani butter rich hairdress 5
Mizani H2O intense treatment 6

Oils

Now Foods castor oil 7
Now Foods jojoba oil 7
Gleau oil 7
QB Castor and moringa soft. serum 7 **

Other

Lotioncrafters silk amino acids 4.5
Snowdrift panthenol liquid 8
Chi 44 iron guard 4.5
** Qhemet Biologics: Expect slight variations between batches as they are handcrafted.

pringe

After watching Kimmaytube I got my test strips realll quick! I started testing everything! Good to know!

Curly Lee

Earlier in my HHJ I emailed Aubrey Organics to find out the pH of the products I used most when I first started, here's what they said (reply received 20th March 2009):

HSR poo - 9.1
HSR con - 3.7
Jojoba & Aloe con - 4.6
GBP con - 4.4
GT Clarifying poo - 10.3
Green Tea Cream Rinse - 5.5
Swimmer's poo - 6.2
Swimmer's con - 6.2

Got my strips today and tested all my products

Shampoos

Mizani moisturizing milk bath 6
KeraCare 1st lather 7
QB Egyptian wheatgrass cleansing tea 7 **

Conditioners

ORS replenishing 5
QB Cocoa tree detangling ghee 7 **
KC Knot today 7
Yes to Cucumbers Color care leave-in 5
Yes to Carrots pampering hair mud 5
Ion reconstructing treatment 6.5
Mizani renew streng. recon. Gelee 5

Moisturizers

ORS olive oil 7
QB Burdock root butter cream 6 **
QB Amla and olive heavy cream 7 **
Haw. Silky miracle 14 in 1 6
Mizani butter rich hairdress 5
Mizani H2O intense treatment 6

Oils

Now Foods castor oil 7
Now Foods jojoba oil 7
Gleau oil 7
QB Castor and moringa soft. serum 7 **

Other

Lotioncrafters silk amino acids 4.5
Snowdrift panthenol liquid 8
Chi 44 iron guard 4.5
** Qhemet Biologics: Expect slight variations between batches as they are handcrafted.
Thank you ladies!
Here's another post from Natural Haven on PH and castille soap!
Its good to know because I really was considering not using castille soap because I thought the PH was too high
http://thenaturalhaven.blogspot.com/2010/06/can-baking-soda-or-castile-soap-relax.html

anything new been tested? I see my beloved HS 14N1 is pretty alk. I think I'm going to start using it a a base for a mixture .. I def want something along the lines of 4

LadyPBC

Hi ladies, I know that checking the PH balance of products is all the rage now since Kimmaytube's videos on the subject.
I think we should compile the PH of commonly used products so we get a general range of the PH without having to buy the strips! :rolleyes:
Basically if you could include the PH for any products you tested here it would be great for cheap folks like me who don't want to buy the strips! :grin:
TIA!

Brilliant - I just asked this question in the pH thread (haven't been able to view the video yet)

now i feel the need to incorporate the ph balance of products into my hair reggie. i swear...sometimes ignorance is bliss lol

so do i.. i noticed the difference in my hair when i do ACV rinses.. i'm just not consistant bec i'm lazy... but i'm really gonna get on this bec i'm a believer

LadyPBC

This makes me want to buy some pH strips and test what I've been dumping in my hair.
Ain't it the truth? and I haven't even seen the video yet?:lachen:

Roux is 4.5.
Whew - cuz I just used some this past weekend. Not really sure why but heard it was good for porosity control - still don't have a good understanding of that concept either.

now i feel the need to incorporate the ph balance of products into my hair reggie. i swear...sometimes ignorance is bliss lol
I'm with you on that. I just realized that I went from freely trusting my stylists at the salon to freely trusting what I read on the hair boards without investigation on my own.

Subscribing!!!

lovelexi

so do i.. i noticed the difference in my hair when i do ACV rinses.. i'm just not consistant bec i'm lazy... but i'm really gonna get on this bec i'm a believer
does the smell of acv linger in your hair? i wonder if a tiny amount of lemon juice mixed into a conditioner for my co-washes would do the trick

Curly Lee

does the smell of acv linger in your hair? i wonder if a tiny amount of lemon juice mixed into a conditioner for my co-washes would do the trick
When I did the DILUTED acv rinse the smell lingered a bit but it dissipated soon after especially since I had other products on top of it.

Missigirl

I'm back I tested my faucet water and it was 8 or 8.5. :shocked: I can almost perm my hair with my regular water. This makes a lot of sense to me now my poor hair cuticles were just beggin to lay down. I bought some more porosity control but I might start apple cider vinegar rinses.

Rei

I wonder what the ph of some of the more natural things like shea butter and coconut oil etc. I need to get some of these strips

I want strips too!! I d0nt have Roux .. "& you want ur hair btwn 4.5 and 5.5 where its supposed to be.. I'd aim a little low like if ur leave in is a 4 that's better bec you're still adding water that's alk.. I hope that makes sense.. and I hear its good to put a filter on ur shower.. I def. wanna get 1

AnotherLevel

Does anyone know the ratio of water to acv that will give the recommended (per kimmaytube) ph of 4?

... Now that I type that, I suppose it would depend on the ph of your water to begin with, huh? I have a shower filter... hmm... guess I'll be getting some strips too.

lovelexi

does anyone know of a good leave in with the ideal ph? my thing is that i will use the stinky acv, wash it out and my hair will return to the ph level of water.

ETA: i finally watched the whole youtube vid...im going out to get some aloe vera juice to use as a leave in.

Last edited:

greight

What kind of pH strips is everyone using? I was thinking I might go for the pHion strips on ebay ($12) because the coloring can give more precise measurements (even if something is marginally better, I want to know), but I'm cheap and I'm wondering if I'm being too extra.:rolleyes:

I haven't watchted the youtube video though, but I have noticed that using Roux's products (specifically Porosity Control and 5-in-1 Alpha shampoo) has helped tremendously.