PH Balance Database!

Shalay11

bump bump bump

anyone know the ph of design esseintials conditioners, or shea butter leave in conditioner

Lilmama1011

Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Reconstructorizer is a 2.5:blush:
Aphogee ProVitamin Leave-in conditioner 6
Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair 6.5
Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier (I heard there is a new formula; this is the old one) is 4.5
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo is 6
Giovanni Deep Moisturizer Conditioner is 5.5
Giovanni Direct Leave-in 7.0
Ion Clarifying Shampoo 5.5
Avalon Organics Moisturizing Shampoo 5
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner 4.5 or 5
Nioxin Cleanser 1C - 6.5
Nioxin Cleanser 3 - 6
Nioxin Scalp Therapy 3 -6

ETA: I'm using the Macherey-Nagel strips. Added more readings.

urbanchic when you do the ph of the conditioners do you put very little water to it because one of the links the girls directed us to says that some of the conditioners are too thick and you wont get a accurate reading so we have to add for little water to get a accurate reading or did you just the conditioner

Lilmama1011

did anyone get the ph for aussie moist conditioner because mine says 7, wanted to check was my strips bs or not and whether I should just get a digital one or the ones with the squares because on liquids it picks up quickly but the conditioner has to sit for a while to read

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I've been testing ph a lot lately to see what products make my hair tangle as a low porosity head. How does one determine ph creamy products like shampoo and conditioner? I'm finding all the creamy products are reading the same ph which can't be correct. I've read that ph strips are for liquids only but I'm unsure if that's true. ETA: found this site that somewhat covers this topic. I will use the method discussed here until I find a better method.

Last edited:

KinkyRN

I know this thread has been dead for a minute but I would love more pH results of products. T.I.A!

cocoagirl

bumping, I am trying to find some products that are high porosity friendly. Looking for leave-ins and moisturizing products with PH of 4-7 to help close my cuticle and lay them flat...

almond eyes

Check out Komaza they always put the ph of their products on the website. And I believe luvs naturals are ph balanced too.

Best,
Almond Eyes

ajargon02

bumping, I am trying to find some products that are high porosity friendly. Looking for leave-ins and moisturizing products with PH of 4-7 to help close my cuticle and lay them flat...

Luv naturals aloe citrus kisses is meant to close the cuticle. Might wanna check it out. It's like 13.00 I think on www.luvnaturals.com

Eta joico has the pH on their products too.

Last edited:

mzhotniz86

I know this thread is old as hell, but i tested Giovanni 50:50 balance calming conditioner at around a 3.5/ 4, which is great for high porosity hair. Giovanni tea tree shampoo & conditioner around a 6.5/ 7. Aphogee pro vitamin almost a ph of 8 which is weird unless I have a 'bad' batch (i thought aphogee products were ph balanced hmm). Oyin hair dew ph 4.5. Fruit of the Earth aloe vera gel testing at a ph of around 7, I suspect due to the additives

Last edited:

mzhotniz86

I still can't figure out if I have high or low porosity.
Try the strand test. Get a strand of clean shed hair & drop it in a cup of room temp water. If it floats and stays at the top for more than a couple minutes, its low porosity, if it lingers in the middle then its normal, if it sinks right to the bottom then its high porosity. You can even have more than 1 kind of porosity throughout different sections of your hair. I have low on the sides & high in the middle

mzhotniz86

Did some more testing. These results may vary slightly depending on your ph strips :
Shea moisture peace rose shampoo ~ph 7.5
Shea moisture peace rose conditioner ~ ph 5
Zoto quantum clarifying shampoo ~ ph 4.5
Aubrey organics gpb con ~ph 4
Aubrey organics white camelia con~ ph 3.5
Aubrey organics pure aloe Vera ~ph 3
Giovanni direct leave in ~ ph 3.5
Kinky curly knot today ~ph 4 (this 1 might be slightly off bc the color barely penetrated the strip..im guessing bc it's not water based?)
Neutral protein filler~ph 4.5
Jane Carter revitalizing leave in -~ ph 3.5 to 6 (this 1 had more than 1 result at the same time on the same strip :perplexed: it legit looked like a rainbow)
Silk elements scalp pre cleanse ~ph 5.5
Shescenit honey conditioner ~ph 5-5.5
Shescenit avocado conditioner ~ph 5
Shescenit curl moist conditioner~ ph 5
Linange neutralizing conditioner ~ ph 3-4

Last edited: