Phoenix Cops To Pregnant Mom (bw) - "i Will Put A Cap In Your Head" Jay-z Hires Attorney

Mane Event

Have we talked about this yet?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/17/us/arizona-jay-z-philanthropy-trnd/index.html
(CNN)A philanthropy affiliated with Jay-Z's Roc Nation, said it is offering support to an Arizona family after a confrontation with police in Phoenix last month following an alleged shoplifting incident.

Team Roc spokesman Didier Morais said Sunday that the group has offered legal and emotional backing to the family.
Officers were "caught on video using excessive force and threatening to shoot a pregnant mother over an alleged shoplifting incident," Team ROC said on its Facebook and Twitter pages.
"#Phoenix PD do the right thing. These officers are unfit to serve," a Team Roc post said.

The group is calling for the firing of the officers and ensuring "the well-being of the children," Morais said, according to news outlet AZ Central.
"Team ROC has secured high-profile attorney Alex Spiro to join the family's legal team pro-bono and plans on filing against one of the officers for child neglect," AZ Central said, quoting Morais.

The incident has stirred outrage and prompted Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego to issue an apology to the family -- Dravon Ames, Iesha Harper and their two children -- after last month's incident, which began at a Dollar Store.
"It was completely inappropriate and clearly unprofessional. There is no situation in which this behavior is ever close to acceptable," she said.
Police drew guns on the family after an alleged shoplifting incident. A police report obtained by CNN says that the situation escalated after the couple refused police commands.
The family said the incident was on May 29, but police said it happened May 27. Police said they were made aware of video on June 11.

Phoenix mayor apologizes to family who was detained after their daughter took a doll

The couple has filed a notice of claim against the city for $10 million, which serves as a precursor to a lawsuit. In the notice of claim, they say that the police incident began after they realized that their 4-year-old daughter had taken a Barbie doll from the store.
Thomas Horne, an attorney for the couple, told CNN's "New Day" on Monday that if the city doesn't respond within 60 days he can file a lawsuit. He and Ames appeared on the show.

"One of the things I think is sometimes missed in all of this is the amount of violence that Dravon was subjected to. The policeman pointed a gun at him, yanked him out of the car, forced him to the ground, pushed his head into the very hot asphalt pavement, handcuffed him too tight, yanked him up, closed the door by hitting his head against the door.
"Lined him up against the car. Kicked his knee so hard that Dravon is limping now and can't work at the warehouse where he was working, which involves physical work, Punched him in the back. He was really subjected to a lot of violence. The same thing was done to the mother."
In fact, the mother "gave her child to a stranger because she was so afraid of the police," Horne said.
In a statement, Gallego said she is "sick over what I have seen in the video depicting Phoenix police interacting with a family and young children."
"It was completely inappropriate and clearly unprofessional. There is no situation in which this behavior is ever close to acceptable. As a mother myself, seeing these children placed in such a terrifying situation is beyond upsetting. I am deeply sorry for what this family went through, and I apologize to our community."

Kitamita

I saw this on Instagram the other day and am completely disgusted by their actions. They acted like this family had just committed a major crime not walked out and not noticed their child still had the doll in her hand. All they had to do is ask some questions. Heck, the store could've talked to them -Becky at Old Navy felt she could- and easily figured it out. I have been guilty myself of having something in my hand and carrying it out of the store as a child.

The excessive force was so unnecessary but having lived in Phoneix for a year I am not surprised. Still open season for black people. :mad:

Southernbella.

I was at Michael's with DD recently. She had picked out a gel pen for her drawing hobby and while she was looking through the drawing pads, she stuck the pen in her pocket. I didn't even see her do it but I noticed her hands were empty and asked her if she put it back. She was like no, it's right here. And that turned into a five minute lecture. I was feeling like crap because she's 15 and I should have had that convo a looooong time ago.

Anyway, when I saw this case the other day it made me think about DD and what could have happened if she forgot she had it and walked out of the store with it. We're not in Phoenix but these racist nuts are everywhere.

I'm so glad the family is suing.

qchelle

I was at Michael's with DD recently. She had picked out a gel pen for her drawing hobby and while she was looking through the drawing pads, she stuck the pen in her pocket. I didn't even see her do it but I noticed her hands were empty and asked her if she put it back. She was like no, it's right here. And that turned into a five minute lecture. I was feeling like crap because she's 15 and I should have had that convo a looooong time ago.

Anyway, when I saw this case the other day it made me think about DD and what could have happened if she forgot she had it and walked out of the store with it. We're not in Phoenix but these racist nuts are everywhere.

I'm so glad the family is suing.

Omg your dd is 15?!

itsallaboutattitude

Cancer Support in Health
I heard that the adults did shoplift. Not an excuse for this treatment.
I had not heard anything but a customer called the police regarding the 4 year old walking out with the doll.

Unfortunately, the father’s car is now impounded (driving with a suspended license or unregistered car) and this had
A direct impact on him being able to go to work.

LostInAdream

People steal! Is it right heck no!!! To have them ambushed liked they just committed a bank Heist is just crazy!!!! And at the dollars store of all places?

I was recently stalked in a target near my home by a loss prevention person. This guy looked like he was a looking for something so intently. Following me in every aisle, holding a pair of car keys with no basket or cart. I was in the household section and was looking to exchange a kitchen aid mixer I purchased the day before for a different color. I put it in my cart along with a few other things. I went down every aisle once I noticed him. Picked up the red phone for assistance just to be funny. No one came. After 15 minutes waltzed up to the customer service desk and told them to hold the cart while I went to my car to gather some returns. I returned with the one I purchased and a few other matching accessories. The woman asked me the reason for my exchange, I said I was going to exchange but after being followed for my entire visit here I'm returning it. She was a black woman who I see weekly as I frequent target a lot and she just shock her head and said I know. I'm considering writing a letter to corporate But I'm tired of the BS of explaining to white people that their shenanigans are inappropriate.

michelle81

The police chief is black and has half apologized, said something about there has to be more to the story. IMO she has enough on video to at least suspend them without pay if not fire them.
Here's a 7 minute video where the police chief speaks. Worth watching all of it, especially around the 3:30 mark where the white reporters are more upset about it than she is.

At this point, if the chief doesn't fire these officers then she probably needs to be let go herself. I'm not sure why these officers aren't charged with simple assault. There's no other job in the country where someone can do something like this on camera and still have a job with pay the next day.

Evolving78

They must not have enough evidence because they released them without charges.
A person I know was at a rally in Phoenix. The father did steal some socks and the mother saw the daughter with the doll. The couple confessed that. The store is not pressing charges against the couple, since they didn’t make the call, and don’t want to align themselves with this case.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Yet, that didn't warrant the level of military-style guerrilla tactics from the police on a pregnant woman.. some can now move past that they stole. People steal out of desperation all the time.. I'm not condoning it, but if they weren't charged it's likely because of the level of response/abuse they received from the police. I'm glad they're suing. The police response was ridiculous..that's the most important factor and why this is even in the news, not that they stole a pair of socks.

A person I know was at a rally in Phoenix. The father did steal some socks and the mother saw the daughter with the doll. The couple confessed that. The store is not pressing charges against the couple, since they didn’t make the call, and don’t want to align themselves with this case.

Evolving78

Yet, that didn't warrant the level of military-style guerrilla tactics from the police on a pregnant woman.. some can now move past that they stole. People steal out of desperation all the time.. I'm not condoning it, but if they weren't charged it's likely because of the level of response/abuse they received from the police. I'm glad they're suing. The police response was ridiculous..that's the most important factor and why this is even in the news, not that they stole a pair of socks.
What does that have to do with anything I said?
I was making a clarification...

Petal26

They catch Dylan Roof after killing 9 people, calmly arrest him and take him to Burger King, but some becky called the cops cause she noticed this little girl was holding a doll when they stepped out of the dollar store and this happened? I hope they get their millions. These damn cops won't understand any other way. Disgusting pigs.

:censored: the police.

HappilyLiberal

Didn't these peoples' parents have the "when you're black you can't do ish like this" talk when they were kids. So these two clowns stole a pair of socks and saw the kid with the doll and didn't make her put it back? Poverty is going into a store and stealing food. Poverty is not stealing a pair of socks and a doll. I am so sick of these bozos! My sympathy just evaporated!

Cheekychica

Didn't these peoples' parents have the "when you're black you can't do ish like this" talk when they were kids. So these two clowns stole a pair of socks and saw the kid with the doll and didn't make her put it back? Poverty is going into a store and stealing food. Poverty is not stealing a pair of socks and a doll. I am so sick of these bozos! My sympathy just evaporated!

Are you being serious?

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
They catch Dylan Roof after killing 9 people, calmly arrest him and take him to Burger King, but some becky called the cops cause she noticed this little girl was holding a doll when they stepped out of the dollar store and this happened? I hope they get their millions. These damn cops won't understand any other way. Disgusting pigs.

:censored: the police.
They won't be getting the millions from the cops. They will be getting it from taxpayers. Unless they get fired or jail time, cops rarely feel the repercussions of their actions.

Kanky

Come on now. On one side we have some petty thieves. On the other side we have the failure of one of our basic government institutions, violent and corrupt government employees, assault of children and the violation of basic civil rights. I don’t understand how people don’t get that these cops and the circumstances that allow them to behave this way are bigger problem then some fools stealing socks from the dollar store.