Phoenix Cops To Pregnant Mom (bw) - "i Will Put A Cap In Your Head" Jay-z Hires Attorney

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Didn't these peoples' parents have the "when you're black you can't do ish like this" talk when they were kids. So these two clowns stole a pair of socks and saw the kid with the doll and didn't make her put it back? Poverty is going into a store and stealing food. Poverty is not stealing a pair of socks and a doll. I am so sick of these bozos! My sympathy just evaporated!
It's unpopular but I'm going to have to co-sign this. At this time and in this place where the police will look into a camera and laugh before they shoot a black person, who did nothing wrong, 50 times and then say with a straight face that they feared for their life, black folks who are actually committing crimes gotta ask themselves what's worth it.

Everything Zen

Yeah at first I was upset bc I thought they didn’t know the little girl took a doll but then when I’m hearing that they knew she took it AND dude took some socks and he had some stuff on his record (driving on the suspended license) I’m like c’mon son... :pullhair: give em’ an inch... :nono:

Kanky

Ok y’all are right. Let’s just let the cops do whatever they want, snatching babies and pointing guns at preschoolers because criminals exist and commit crimes. No need to hold the cops accountable for bad behavior. Black people should’ve known better. :lol: And sure white folks call the cops on black people minding their business while black all of the time, but there’s no need to insist that cops always behave reasonably when they show up. Someone stole socks so pointing a gun at a pregnant woman and baby is fine. :ohwell:

Kanky

Some of ya'll have gone to the sunken place and can't come back.
o_O:spinning::confused:

There is nothing that can justify or explain the cops behavior in this situation. Stop blaming the victims.

The problems with racism and dysfunction with our police are so big that blaming the victim for getting caught up in it is easier. It’s weird to me that people don’t connect the dots and realize that if they can treat criminals like this then they can treat anyone like this. There was just a thread where innocent black people were falsely accused of stealing clothes from Old Navy. If these kind of cops had shown up who knows what might have happened.

hunnychile

Y’all are being disingenuous if posters cannot rationally state that people should not shoplift while also believing the police response was over the line. These two thoughts are not mutually exclusive.

Eta: I get not wanting one thing to overshadow what should be the more important point.

Last edited:

Kanky

Y’all are being disingenuous if posters cannot rationally state that people should not shoplift while also believing the police response was over the line. These two thoughts are not mutually exclusive.

Eta: I get not wanting one thing to overshadow what should be the more important point.
Overshadowing the more important point is a big deal. The “well they are criminals” thing is part of the reason that cops get away with this kind of behavior so often. The cops’ whole job is to apprehend people suspected of crimes. That is pretty much all they do and they are screwing that up. “But they shoplifted” is a red herring. Of course the police will mostly be dealing with criminals.

And seriously who on this forum doesn’t know that shoplifting is bad? :lol:

Last edited:

Crackers Phinn

Naw, they ain't being disingenuous. They truly believe that other black women are stupid and not as woked-dee doked-dee as they are. That's okay. The world is full of folks who believe they know more and better than the people around them.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
I believe everyone in this thread agrees on the following: 1) Shoplifting is illegal. 2) The cops were dead wrong.

The thinking diverges on this:

Some believe that Blacks should remember their blackness at all times and act accordingly, being oh so careful not to aggravate, incite, antogonize whites so as to not give them any more reason to be malicious/racist.

Others believe that it is time to stop catering to and coddling whites and acting like second class citizens in a country that would not be anything if not for the greatness of Blacks,and that it is time for Blacks to demand fair/equal treatment at all times.

Everyone wants the same end result, but differ on how to get there.

Last edited:

Crackers Phinn

Some believe that Blacks should remember their blackness at all times and act accordingly, being oh so careful not to aggravate, incite, antogonize whites so as to not give them any more reason to be malicious/racist.

Others believe that it is time to stop catering to and coddling whites and acting like second class citizens in a country that would not be anything if not for the greatness of Blacks,and that it is time for Blacks to demand fair/equal treatment at all times.

Everyone wants the same end result, but differ on how to get there.

Ahh, the step and fetch it don’t agitate massa stance vs the Mandingo warrioress who go make these ofays pay.

What would black America have looked like if Malcolm and Martin had talked to each other instead of at each other?

The true irony of those men’s deaths is that Malcolm was murdered by his fellow “stop catering and coddling white folks” brethren. Odd since they was so woke tho.:rose:

Those who don’t learn from history will repeat it and here we are 50+ years later with the same nonsense.

Oh well.

Southernbella.

???
Martin agreed with Malcolm as time went on though. And Malcolm wasn't interested in breaking the law or antagonizing white folks. His message was about the fact that black folks were being treated like criminals even WITH laws on the books that ensured our full citizenship. So yes, I agree that we do need to learn our history. :)

Neither one of these men would have agreed with this couple breaking the law.

Last edited:

Kanky

It’s like if there was a doctor who kept killing his patients through malice or incompetence and someone said “But the patients were sick. Maybe the dead patients should’ve taken better care of their health!” :lol: OK but what does that have to do with someone having one job and not doing it properly?

I don’t think that I am woker than thou. I am just frustrated by that argument, probably because it usually comes from racist wypipo and is used as an excuse not to do anything about bad cops.

At least there’s a somewhat transparent process for removing bad doctors. We need that for police. Something that keeps them from simply resigning, waiting 3 months and then getting hired in a neighboring county.

Cheekychica

I don't disagree with the thinking that shoplifting is wrong- my issue is with those lacking empathy for the people in this case because of it. Like they deserved to have guns pulled on them over a pair of socks. So if the cop had pistol whipped them, y'all would be alright with that because, criminals?

Yes you can think shoplifting is wrong and that the cops' actions were wrong, but the poster I quoted said that because of the one, she lacked sympathy for the second. I can't get behind that.

HappilyLiberal

I don't disagree with the thinking that shoplifting is wrong- my issue is with those lacking empathy for the people in this case because of it. Like they deserved to have guns pulled on them over a pair of socks. So if the cop had pistol whipped them, y'all would be alright with that because, criminals?

Yes you can think shoplifting is wrong and that the cops' actions were wrong, but the poster I quoted said that because of the one, she lacked sympathy for the second. I can't get behind that.

Yes. When you commit a crime, cops are called, and they pull out guns to arrest you.

No. Pistol whipping someone after you have them under arrest is excessive force and is not allowed.

And, where did they pistol whip this couple?

Cheekychica

Yes. When you commit a crime, cops are called, and they pull out guns to arrest you.

No. Pistol whipping someone after you have them under arrest is excessive force and is not allowed.

Where did I say that pistol whipping happened? I posed a question which you answered. So pistol whipping is too much but pulling a gun on a pregnant woman and a toddler is ok? Alright cool. I'm just trying to understand when empathy kicks in.

Re: blue bolded, is that what happens automatically? I thought guns were pulled when cops are feeling threatened. Maybe it's different in the States. Jaywalking is a crime, I guess guns would be pulled there as well? Interesting.

Edit- This reads like I was angrily typing, I wasn't lol

Last edited:

Crackers Phinn

???
Martin agreed with Malcolm as time went on though. And Malcolm wasn't interested in breaking the law or antagonizing white folks. His message was about the fact that black folks were being treated like criminals even WITH laws on the books that ensured our full citizenship. So yes, I agree that we do need to learn our history. :)

Neither one of these men would have agreed with this couple breaking the law.
I was actually referring to how black people talk at each other when they don't see eye to eye. Two powerful men who headed two powerful groups could not meet in the middle to change the course of black American existence because the so called blacker than thou woke ninja's are just as at war with other black folks as they are with white ones. BTW - It was not a coincidence that Malcolm started agreeing with Malcolm around the time the woke coalition started calling him an uncle tom traitor and put a target on his back.

Luckily history is easily accessible for folks who need a reminder.

Southernbella.

I was actually referring to how black people talk at each other when they don't see eye to eye. Two powerful men who headed two powerful groups could not meet in the middle to change the course of black American existence because the so called blacker than thou woke ninja's are just as at war with other black folks as they are with white ones. BTW - It was not a coincidence that Malcolm started agreeing with Malcolm around the time the woke coalition started calling him an uncle tom traitor and put a target on his back.

Luckily history is easily accessible for folks who need a reminder.

Martin becoming more militant before he died had nothing to do with what black folks were saying (he was used to that by then, years of it) and everything to do with him waking up to the fact that years after civil rights legislation was passed, black folks were still fighting for their legal rights and still at the bottom economically and socially.

Both Martin and Malcolm were heavily into respectability politics but where they differed is that Martin initially believed he could appeal to the inherent goodness of white folks while Malcolm knew it didn't exist. And if we're being real, Martin was more of an agitator than Malcolm.

Malcolm believed in self defense and MLK believed in passive resistance. That's where they differed. I have respect for both men and I think they both had valid criticisms of one another. But I understand why Malcolm and them were pissed off when they saw black women and children being sent out to be spit on and beaten. His words were harsh, yes, but I think it's reductive to put him in some "woker than thou" box like he was just name calling to be petty or tear down MLK. It was deeper than that.

Southernbella.

Sorry, that was long. But to add, and to bring it back to the topic of the thread, I'm not sure what laws or policies govern police arrests but let's pretend there are policies against excessive force for misdemeanor crimes. What is there to debate? Nobody is cheering this family on for shoplifting. And if you ask me, old boy is trash for putting his pregnant partner and child in that situation in the first place. But that has nothing to do with the fact that police violated their rights (again, assuming there's a policy in place).

HappilyLiberal

It is not police procedure that guns are pulled and used for all arrests.

And let's not forget these "crimes" are all alleged until proven in court.

Maybe not there... but here, if the cops come to arrest you, there will be guns involved. Whether or not they pull the trigger depends on how cooperative you are when said guns are pulled. And, these "crimes" are no longer "alleged" since they openly admitted it in the media! I really feel sorry for their daughter. They are implicitly sending her a message that it is A-OK to steal. Hopefully, this incident has scared her straight!

LivingInPeace

The police don’t pull out guns to arrest people in the vast majority of arrest situations. This was an overreaction to the situation.