PHYTO and former-PHYTO Users...Please come here...

MissYocairis

:wave: Phyto ladies....if you really love phyto and use it or used to use it, and you've had to substitute at one time or another for whatever reason....what relaxer would you consider to be the second best behind Phyto?

I am considering ending my stretch this week for a special occasion and I was planning on doing Phyto for my next relaxer but I don't have the time nor the money to order it before the occasion comes around. SO....what would you use in Phyto's place if you had to?

TIA! :hug2:

sqzbly1908

I stopped using Phyto Index 1 around July/August of last year....I moved on to Mizani Butter Blend Lye ....Great relaxer with great results...

MissYocairis

I stopped using Phyto Index 1 around July/August of last year....I moved on to Mizani Butter Blend Lye ....Great relaxer with great results...

Thanks sqzbly...so you went from no-lye to lye then. So one vote for Mizani Butter Blend. You haven't experienced any dryness or excessive shedding or anything? Just all good?

Thanks!

sqzbly1908

Thanks sqzbly...so you went from no-lye to lye then. So one vote for Mizani Butter Blend. You haven't experienced any dryness or excessive shedding or anything? Just all good?

Thanks!

All Good!!! I used Phyto for about 2 years and it was great in the beginning but over time - the dryness became prevalent...I have had no unpleasant effects from MBB.....my hair has really thrived from using and I just use the relaxer ...not the whole system that accompanies it...

HTH

SmartyPants

All Good!!! I used Phyto for about 2 years and it was great in the beginning but over time - the dryness became prevalent...I have had no unpleasant effects from MBB.....my hair has really thrived from using and I just use the relaxer ...not the whole system that accompanies it...

HTH

BB Regular or BB mild?

MissYocairis

Okay, bumping for more suggestions...got a couple votes for Mizani BB! What else out there is as good as Phyto?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I am Interested in this Thread because: I had Phytospecific II (but decided against it)opted for Lye, and ended up Selling it.
:look:
I Chose Alter Ego Linange Shea Butter Lye Relaxer, which I like.

However, I blessed with a 4lb Tub of Mizani BB (Regular) Lye, which I will be using over Labor Day Weekend.

So, I have been interested in the reviews in this Thread. Thanks Sqzbly1908!:yep:

MissYocairis

I am Interested in this Thread because: I had Phytospecific II (but decided against it)opted for Lye, and ended up Selling it.
:look:
I Chose Alter Ego Linange Shea Butter Lye Relaxer, which I like.

However, I blessed with a 4lb Tub of Mizani BB (Regular) Lye, which I will be using over Labor Day Weekend.

So, I have been interested in the reviews in this Thread. Thanks Sqzbly1908!:yep:

Okay, so Alter Ego makes a relaxer? I didn't know this....I don't think I have time to order it though. I need it by Wednesday...not gonna happen.

:perplexed

LABETT

I think there's a old thread about Phyto and what relaxer compares to it .
Vitale Sensitive Scalp No Lye seems to have most of the same ingredients as phyto and is real gentle on the scalp.
If I cant afford Phyto I will go with Vitale.

MissYocairis

Vitale Sensitive Scalp No Lye seems to have most of the same ingredients as phyto and is real gentle on the scalp.

:yay: Love this! Thank you! VITALE SENSITIVE SCALP NO-LYE.

Britt

I think Mizani Butter Blends Sensitive Scalp no-lye is a really good and gentle relaxer. I have used the Butter Blends Mild formula several times and it still burned my scalp. Most lye relaxers aren't easy on my scalp at all. The butter blends no-lye sensitive scalp is perfect for me.

beana

Thanks i will definitely keep this in mind!! Phyto Index 2 is my favorite relaxer, may try this soon if i ever need an alternative.

MissYocairis

I think Mizani Butter Blends Sensitive Scalp no-lye is a really good and gentle relaxer. I have used the Butter Blends Mild formula several times and it still burned my scalp. Most lye relaxers aren't easy on my scalp at all. The butter blends no-lye sensitive scalp is perfect for me.

Thanks Brittster. So, Mizani BB has a no-lye sensitive scalp too? Good to know.

ichephren

ORS no lye is very mild. I used it once in a pinch instead of phyto and I found it very gentle on the hair.

MissYocairis

ORS no lye is very mild. I used it once in a pinch instead of phyto and I found it very gentle on the hair.

Good, so we've got ORS no-lye Mild, Mizani BB in lye and in no-lye sensitive scalp, and Vitale Sensitive Scalp no-lye.

Did you mix oil with your ORS ichephren or did you just go straight with the mix as it was?

toinette

Tricking the president
I used to use Phyto II and one day when with ORS no-lye due to lack of funds. that was about 4 years ago and I have been using ORS ever since. No complaints

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

:wave: Phyto ladies....if you really love phyto and use it or used to use it, and you've had to substitute at one time or another for whatever reason....what relaxer would you consider to be the second best behind Phyto?

I am considering ending my stretch this week for a special occasion and I was planning on doing Phyto for my next relaxer but I don't have the time nor the money to order it before the occasion comes around. SO....what would you use in Phyto's place if you had to?

TIA! :hug2:

If you mix relaxers, you might not like the results. For example, the new growth versus the upcoming growth relaxed with Phyto. Phyto might be the best for your hair and you'll have 2-3 diff. "textures" because relaxers vary. Could you wait and just flatiron your hair for the occasion then use the Phyto for your new routine?

MissYocairis

If you mix relaxers, you might not like the results. For example, the new growth versus the upcoming growth relaxed with Phyto. Phyto might be the best for your hair and you'll have 2-3 diff. "textures" because relaxers vary. Could you wait and just flatiron your hair for the occasion then use the Phyto for your new routine?

arrrrrrgh! :spinning: I'm gonna be dealing with southern heat and humidity and the BEACH....and I"m 16 weeks post right now. :drunk: I would have to just decide that I'm going for another personna altogether to pull it off....you know?

LushLox

That would be me...

Does the mild get your hair bone straight, I'm assuming not...?

ETA: Okay I just read another thread and you've said it got your hair bone straight. Hmm :scratchch Ahhh decisions decisions!

Last edited:

soulie

arrrrrrgh! :spinning: I'm gonna be dealing with southern heat and humidity and the BEACH....and I"m 16 weeks post right now. :drunk: I would have to just decide that I'm going for another personna altogether to pull it off....you know?

That sounds like a time to use Sabino - and do the relaxer another time. The first time I tried Sabino I was about 3 months post. I blow-dried my hair with the Sabino and it was straight enough -- even the roots -- that I didn't need to flatiron.

Last edited:

SmartyPants

Thanks... I like my hair bone straight and had been hearing that I should use regular. I normally use mild in everything else, so I thought I would check. I am planning to get the entire BB system from Payne's for my next touch-up.

soulie

Thanks... I like my hair bone straight and had been hearing that I should use regular. I normally use mild in everything else, so I thought I would check. I am planning to get the entire BB system from Payne's for my next touch-up.

BlueBeez is cheaper - they have the entire BB system on sale for $99. :yep:

SmartyPants

BlueBeez is cheaper - they have the entire BB system on sale for $99. :yep:

Thanks... I'll make a note of that. But I am not planning to relax until December at the earliest so I have a while. I will stick them in my favorites for when I get ready to order so I will know to check both.

Nefertiti0906

OP, what did you end up doing? I also normally use Phyto (ever since I started textlaxing last year) but today I went to a different stylist and she used Mizani Sensitive Scalp relaxer. It did not burn at all and the newly processed area feels softer than the hair that was relaxed with Phyto.