PHYTORELAXER INDEX 2 IS DA BOMB, YALL!!!!!!!!!

SherryLove

I am so excited. I had to share this with you ladies. After reading numerous positive reviews on hairboutique.com, I was more than convinced to try PhytoRelaxer Index 2. What convinced me the most was a lot of the women who used the product said it did not burn their scalps and their hair was soft, bouncy and full of body after they used the product. Not to mention, I have had pretty goods results with the Phyto 7 leave in conditioner.

I wasted no time purchasing PhytoRelaxer from hairboutique.com. It was a bit pricey ($60 w/free shipping), but it is well worth every bit of those 60 dollars.

Well, let me tell you. My sensitive scalp did not burn one bit while my stylist was applying the relaxer to my hair. It was almost as if she was applying a conditioner to my hair instead of a relaxer. My hair was soft, bouncy with incredible body and straightness.. My stylist was speechless at first. She then said, "Bueno relaxer, mommy. very very good. Beautiful." Ladies, I am still in disbelief. One of my coworkers said to me: "Your hair looks softer and bouncier today."

I could never imagine a product (that is 100% no lye) making my 3c/4a hair so straight w/o burning my scalp. the only thing now is my hair feels soooo heavy when it is wet. NO MORE AFFIRM, DUDLEY OR MIZANI. PhytoRelaxer Index 2 is a keeper for me. I could just kiss the African doctor who formulated this product.

WOW!!!!

NYCchild

Wow!! thanks for sharing this SherryL - i too have been wondering 'bout this phytorelaxer

Glad you found a relaxer youre happy with

christina

No more affirm, dudley or mizani? Now that's saying alot! Thanks for sharing Sherry. I'm glad you found something that you are absolutely ecstatic about! btw, you have a beautiful head of hair and I can't wait for you to update your album.

Aisha

This is a very good relaxer, I have coarse hair and this was the first time that I had ever gotten salon quality at home..I tried it in Nov 2003 becuase my previous stylist was trippin.. and this is the only no-lye relaxer that I would use...when I bought it it was still $45(the price it had been for years)...and it was like a week after I tried it that the price went up to $60...after that I said there was NO WAY I am spending sixty bucks on a small cup of relaxer...for that price I might as well go to the salon or get the Mizani Sensitive scalp(which is excellent for sensitive heads) for $25 at Dee's...

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
Aisha said:
This is a very good relaxer, I have coarse hair and this was the first time that I had ever gotten salon quality at home..I tried it in Nov 2003 becuase my previous stylist was trippin.. and this is the only no-lye relaxer that I would use...when I bought it it was still $45(the price it had been for years)...and it was like a week after I tried it that the price went up to $60...after that I said there was NO WAY I am spending sixty bucks on a small cup of relaxer...for that price I might as well go to the salon or get the Mizani Sensitive scalp(which is excellent for sensitive heads) for $25 at Dee's...

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya, Aisha. At first, I was looking at the cost too...But then i thought, if I can have healthier and straighter hair without dealing with all of the caustic chemicals that are placed in regular relaxers, I do not mind paying a little extra.......

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
What is the phytorelaxer? does it not have the same ingredients as a regular relaxer?

[/ QUOTE ]not really... egg and soya extracts are the active ingredients. It contains no lye whatsoever. check out www.phytohair.com for more details and info. i think the website is temporarily under construction. Or you can go to www.hairboutique.com and do a search on "Phytorelaxer index 2."

beana3

ok,this may sound dumb, but when you say no-lye do you mean gaunadine or calicium hydroxide? Or are you saying the relaxer is lye-less, meaning no hydroxides at all?

lala

Sherrylove,

I've used the Phyto Index 2 relaxer and achieved excellent results as well. The salon that I used to buy from gave me a 50% discount because my Mom works there. They decided to discontinue the Phyto line to my dismay. But, I do continue to use the Phyto 9 as my #1 moisturizer and the Phytospecific Intense Nutrition Mask.

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
beana3 said:
ok,this may sound dumb, but when you say no-lye do you mean gaunadine or calicium hydroxide? Or are you saying the relaxer is lye-less, meaning no hydroxides at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Beana3.. Meaning no hydroxides at all. I will have to look on my box at home for the exact ingredients. I will get back to you on that...

mytia

SuperWoman!
I had been looking for a new relaxer to replace my old one. This sounds pretty good I'm definetly looking into this. Is this in a regular size relaxer or a tub because 60.00 is kinda steep.

sengschick

The Bun Master
I concur w/Sherrylove!
I have an Index 1, PhytoSpecific Relaxer, since I only wanted my hair texturized and not relaxed. I was very happy w/the product as well and use about 80% Phyto products on my hair. It's all expensive, but I haven't felt cheated yet!!! Check Ebay, b/c I noticed yesterday they had a relaxer kit to sell, didn't pay attention to the price though. They had plenty of other products too!

FYI: The products are French, Patrick Ales is the founder and creator of the company and products... he certainly ain't African though!

Spagirl

My niece uses and loves this relaxer as well. She started out with the Index 2 for a few applications and then her stylist changed her over to the Index 1. She made it sound like it was normal to switch from one Index to the other. Her hair type is 4b coarse and resistant.

nissi

Good news SherryLove,
You don't have to send away for the PhytoRelaxer, bcuz they sell it at Sephora down on 34th. I'm glad to hear it went well for you, bcuz i was considering it, and after investigation on this site I heard bad things about it. I have oily hair, so can you please keep us posted? Tx, and best wishes on your beautiful hair!!!

NYCchild

[ QUOTE ]
nissi said:
Good news SherryLove,
You don't have to send away for the PhytoRelaxer, bcuz they sell it at Sephora down on 34th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seph on 34th huh

nissi

[ QUOTE ]
NYCchild said:
[ QUOTE ]
nissi said:
Good news SherryLove,
You don't have to send away for the PhytoRelaxer, bcuz they sell it at Sephora down on 34th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seph on 34th huh

[/ QUOTE ]

NYC, yup, i was thiiiis close to getting it! But i changed my mind due to the mixed reviews.
still, if you're gonna get it, i would call ahead to be sure.
and please give a report if you do! btw, love your signature!

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
beana3 said:
Thanks Sherrylove!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is for Beana3....

Here are the ingredients:

Straightening Creme
water, emulsifying wax, mineral oil, propylene glycol, egg extract, steareth-100, peg-75, lanolin, cocoamphocarboxyglcinate, oleth-20, glycine soja (soybean) seed extract, egg oil, fragrance

Inductor
water, guanidine carbonate, xanthan gum, yellow 5

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
mytialpn said:
I had been looking for a new relaxer to replace my old one. This sounds pretty good I'm definetly looking into this. Is this in a regular size relaxer or a tub because 60.00 is kinda steep.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's in a regualer size jar. And it only comes in one size.

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
nissi said:
Good news SherryLove,
You don't have to send away for the PhytoRelaxer, bcuz they sell it at Sephora down on 34th. I'm glad to hear it went well for you, bcuz i was considering it, and after investigation on this site I heard bad things about it. I have oily hair, so can you please keep us posted? Tx, and best wishes on your beautiful hair!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Nissi...
I will check Sephora out again. The last time I was there (about two weeks ago) they did not have any. I work right around the corner from there...

NYCchild

.......They did-dint have it..........

but they have lots of other goodies, ........ the PJ in me was unda control