PhytoRelaxer Index II Users

MonaRae

Hello Ladies

My last 2 relaxers was with PhytoRelaxer Index II and I and really starting to appreciate my hair with texture. :yep: Have any of you switch from Index II to Index I?

I'm about to order my next PhytoRelaxer :)rolleyes: think of getting Index I) and want some opinions b4 I buy.

Thanks in Advance! :grin:

camosil

I used Index II once it was great. My hair was straight not too straight and it still maintained thickness and texture. It was great. I decided to try Index I the last two relaxers. The first time I used it it was good the hair was not as straight as using Index II but it was still good. This last time it did not do my hair very well it just sorta texturized it, even though my hairdresser combed through twice. I think my hair was so resistant towards it was because I stretched for 11 weeks and I had a lot of thick new growth. So we decided to go back to phyto Index II next relaxer which will be in twelve or more weeks. Index I and II are great for me because it does not burn me which is a blessing.

ShiShiPooPoo

I love Phyto. I am 8 weeks post with an Index II. I was thinking about switching to I but I like my hair bone, bone, bone, straight and I don't think Index I will do it.

sareca

I thought about trying Index I but I decided to give II one more go. It was perfect this time, but only because I added oil, protein and only processed 10 minutes. A little extra processing time would be nice tho. I guess I'm still on the fence.

Misseyl

No it wont. Best to stick with Index II for bone, bone, bone straight. :lachen:
How true.. When I first started, I used Index I it didn't get it straight at all..Things got better when I used Index II, staight as hell. Sometimes I would get scared because I thought it was too straight. Anyway, I never experience any breakage so Phyto it is, all the way...:yep:

esoterica

I use the milder one but I'm not too sure what the Index is. I don't want to take any risks. :nono: The one thing I love about it is that it can stay on forever without over processing and it doesn't burn! I wouldn't switch to the stronger one.

amina kamal

I started out with Phyto 1 after a 14 week stretch. It barely processed me. I left it in for well over the specified time and it didn't do much. I now use Phyto 2 and love it. It gets my hair straight the way I like it with no burning or discomfort. If you have been using Phyto 2 and it works well for you I wouldn't change. I would just leave it in for less time and maybe add oils or protein to slow down the processing time. My hair is thin 4a/3c and I just don't think Phyto 1 was strong enough.

MonaRae

Thanks Ladies! I think I will stick with Index II. I thought sareca used Index I b/c of her curls but if you can still get that kind of curl with Index II than Index II is it.

Now I have to be very patient b/c I need a relaxer really bad and have to wait until my order comes in. Thats the only thing I don't like about Phyto its no where to be found around me and the price of course!!!!!

sareca

Thanks Ladies! I think I will stick with Index II. I thought sareca used Index I b/c of her curls but if you can still get that kind of curl with Index II than Index II is it.

Now I have to be very patient b/c I need a relaxer really bad and have to wait until my order comes in. Thats the only thing I don't like about Phyto its no where to be found around me and the price of course!!!!!

You can get the curls w/ II, but it's a race against the clock. :roadrunner:
You basically get 7 minutes for application and 3 minutes for smoothing. 3 minutes! :giveup:

MonaRae

OK, ladies I'm ready to purchase but I'm looking for a great deal. I remember there was a site that was selling the relaxer's for $48 but I can't find it. The sale may be over but I still had to ask --> Does anyone know where I can get Index II cheaper than $60?

Thanks In Advance!

sprungonhairboards

OK, ladies I'm ready to purchase but I'm looking for a great deal. I remember there was a site that was selling the relaxer's for $48 but I can't find it. The sale may be over but I still had to ask --> Does anyone know where I can get Index II cheaper than $60?

Thanks In Advance!

Check ebay. There's a seller on there that always has it 'buy it now', not an auction. I just received my index 1. I paid $52 INCLUDING shipping.

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
I used Index II after a six month stretch earlier this year and thought it was a bit strong for my regular texturizer (it got a tad too straight). I switched to Index I, and it has been excellent. I just had my 2nd retouch with it on the 8th and it continues to texturize my hair perfectly, leaving it full of body. :yep:

I was nervous using the milder version because my hair is probably categorized as "resistant, thick, and coarse", but Index I worked just fine.

sareca

I used Index II after a six month stretch earlier this year and thought it was a bit strong for my regular texturizer (it got a tad too straight). I switched to Index I, and it has been excellent. I just had my 2nd retouch with it on the 8th and it continues to texturize my hair perfectly, leaving it full of body. :yep:

I was nervous using the milder version because my hair is probably categorized as "resistant, thick, and coarse", but Index I worked just fine.

Yeah, I think I'll try this one for my touch up.

sowhut

I used Index II once it was great. My hair was straight not too straight and it still maintained thickness and texture. It was great. I decided to try Index I the last two relaxers. The first time I used it it was good the hair was not as straight as using Index II but it was still good. This last time it did not do my hair very well it just sorta texturized it, even though my hairdresser combed through twice. I think my hair was so resistant towards it was because I stretched for 11 weeks and I had a lot of thick new growth. So we decided to go back to phyto Index II next relaxer which will be in twelve or more weeks. Index I and II are great for me because it does not burn me which is a blessing.
The same thing happened to me. Index I worked well for me with the first application. The second time around...... not so much:perplexed

Arcadian

I just relaxed on thursday with Index II. I've used it since I got here so I'll continue using it. I still retain wavyness in my hair (no curls though) and thats fine with me.

I still leave it on 30 minutes tho:look:. but it never overprocesses.

This time around I had close to 2 inches of new growth all over. (whew!!! it was crazy!) I'm a little past APL, I thinking that I should maybe stay there for a while.

-A

Kalani

I've been using Index II for a few years now. In the past I had thought about switching to I, but I still get plenty of curls with II (and I leave it on for the maximum amount of time) so figured if it ain't broke don't fix it!

newflowers

The major difference between I and II for me is I can leave I on for a much longer time without overprocessing. My hair still had some slight wave. I used II last time - straight and bouncy hair that processed much faster but still no burning.

I think if II works for you and you are happy with the results, you should keep it. If you want lots of texture still, maybe you can consider I.

And, to pass along my good fortune, Arcadian told me about using the acv rinse - white suds in two shampoos. I've always thought the one drawback was how very, very, very, very long it took to get to white suds - with the acv rinse, that's no longer a problem.

MonaRae

Try this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160157848358 Apparantly shes a member here on the forums and I just saw the link in the exchange forum. Might be worth checking into...Im still on the fence as to whether I will relax or not, and if I do, will it be with Phyto or Mizani Butter Blend :perplexed. Good price on the relaxer system though.

Thank you so much for this link I have been meaning to post about her services and I must say that I am very pleased with her services. I ordered my product on a Tuesday and received my product on that Friday. She will def. be my PhytoRelaxer supplier! :grin:

So I have another question for my PhytoRelaxer Sista! If PhytoRelaxer has the ability not to over process is stretching neccessary?

I normally stretch my relaxer out to every 12 weeks but I am so tired of looking bad that I think I will go for 8 weeks now.

sowhut

Thank you so much for this link I have been meaning to post about her services and I must say that I am very pleased with her services. I ordered my product on a Tuesday and received my product on that Friday. She will def. be my PhytoRelaxer supplier! :grin:

So I have another question for my PhytoRelaxer Sista! If PhytoRelaxer has the ability not to over process is stretching neccessary?

I normally stretch my relaxer out to every 12 weeks but I am so tired of looking bad that I think I will go for 8 weeks now.

Thats a good question, and i definitely feel you on not wanting to look "bad"! I still stretch mine out i think just to be on the safe side.