Phytorelaxer Questionnaire!

B

ballet_bun

Phytorelaxer Questionnaire! -- Please Share Your Phytorelaxer Experience

Please Share Your Phytorelaxer Experience

1. If you are using Phyto relaxer, will you continue to use it and why?

a). Do You feel that it's worth the price?

b). Is the condition of your hair any different(better) then when you were using "other" relaxers?

c) Would you continue to use Phyto if the price went up?

d) Do you use other Phyto products?

2. If you no longer use Phytorelaxer, why?

a). If Phytorelaxer did not cost so much, would you continue to use?

b). Are you now having better results or similar result with your new relaxer, since switching from Phyto?

c) Would you consider switching back to Phyto, if you do not get similar results from another relaxer?

3. What made you try phytorelaxer?

4. For those of you who aren't not using Phytorelaxer, are you considering it and why?

5. There are claims that Phytorelaxer is the safest on the market. Do you agree? If you do not agree, which relaxer do you believe is the safest?

BB :rosebud:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mizani_Mrs

Re: Phytorelaxer Questionnaire! -- Please Share Your Phytorelaxer Experience

If you no longer use Phytorelaxer, why?[/b][/color] I'm waiting for a phyto chemist or some independent study to validate the rumor is true. Otherwise, i can continue to get just as nice hair with my lil mizani and call it a day.

I used it once, and I loved it.... but i stopped using it because of the price. I am seriously thinking about going back to it just for 1 reason. someone said that this relaxer does not degrade/melt the hair's cuticle and this is definitely worth the price if this is true.... Which means i'd be able to hold on to my ends and shine very easily. but i guess the question is..is it true or not!!! :perplexed

Is the condition of your hair any different(better) then when you were using "other" relaxers?[/color] well the 1 time wouldnt' make any difference, but my hair did stay 'full' when freshly permed.

1. If you are using Phyto relaxer, will you continue to use it and why?.

Not based on the results as far as look and feel, because i get the same results with mizani. But if it doesn't degrade the cuticle the YES it definitely would and I think all black women should use it no matter what their money situation looks like. Healthy hair is important. (but who can certainly say it's true?) Am i confusing yall yet? :look: well good cause i'm confused!!!

[a). Do You feel that it's worth the price?[/color] b). Is the condition of your hair any different(better) then when you were using "other" relaxers?
c) Would you continue to use Phyto if the price went up?[/color] yes, if the rumor is true.

d) Do you use other Phyto products?[/color] Hail Nawl.... If i win the lottery i will...

b]2.

b). Are you now having better results or similar result with your new relaxer, since switching from Phyto? the same....I haven't used phyto long enough to see if i'd lessen breakage and provide full hair in the longrun.

c) Would you consider switching back to Phyto, if you do not get similar results from another relaxer? absolutely

all yall phyto crack pushers on LHCF

[b4. For those of you who aren't not using Phytorelaxer, are you considering it and why

b]5. There are claims that Phytorelaxer is the safest on the market. Do you agree? If you do not agree, which relaxer do you believe is the safest?[/b][/color]
I certainly want to know this answer. I will say that it doesn't burn like a regular relaxer...so it could be true....

Good luck with your survey....I hope you get alot of feedback!!!

[/QUOTE]​

B

ballet_bun

Mizani_Mrs said:
I'm waiting for a phyto chemist or some independent study to validate the rumor is true. Otherwise, i can continue to get just as nice hair with my lil mizani and call it a day.

I wonder if one of us was to write the company to ask this question, if they would respond ... honestly! I'm curious about something concerning Phyto myself. I have only used it once, but switched.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I answered at the end of the question that fit .ce

b). Is the condition of your hair any different(better) then when you were using "other" relaxers?

b). Are you now having better results or similar result with your new relaxer, since switching from Phyto?

c) Would you consider switching back to Phyto, if you do not get similar results from another relaxer?

4. For those of you who aren't not using Phytorelaxer, are you considering it and why?No, wouldn't use anything that doesn't fully straighten the hair, at least they say it doesn't, I think of it more as a texturizer if you ask me. Plus I like bone straight hair, I always thought that's what a relaxer was for? :ohwell:

5. There are claims that Phytorelaxer is the safest on the market. Do you agree? If you do not agree, which relaxer do you believe is the safest? The safest, but when will they make something that's just safe you know :look:

BB :rosebud:[/QUOTE]

Honi

There is no board.
Mizani...what rumor are you referring to? This is the first time I've heard of a phyto rumor! LOL

I have only used it once. My second application will be in Oct. and I will continue to use it.

I only relax twice a year. My hair feels different compared to the may others I've used so it's worth it.

My newgrowth relaxed with Phyto felt better and fuller and less beaten down. It had alot of body, softness and shine.

Oh lawd I hope this doesn't happen. It depends on how high it goes up.

Nope! Those products are way too expensive for my taste. If I used them they better be better than what I currently use!

2. If you no longer use Phytorelaxer, why? N/A

a). If Phytorelaxer did not cost so much, would you continue to use? N/A

b). Are you now having better results or similar result with your new relaxer, since switching from Phyto? N/A

c) Would you consider switching back to Phyto, if you do not get similar results from another relaxer?N/A

It was Sherrylove that put it on my radar but that damn Kaddy sure didn't help with that hype! LOL

4. For those of you who aren't not using Phytorelaxer, are you considering it and why? N/A

5. There are claims that Phytorelaxer is the safest on the market. Do you agree? If you do not agree, which relaxer do you believe is the safest?

I'm not sure what you mean by "safe." I assumed that it was not safer nor more harmful than the others currently on the market but the same???

jasmin

I stop using it.

a). Do You feel that it's worth the price? No

I thought it was at first but after awhile my hair began to change for the worst.

c) Would you continue to use Phyto if the price went up? If I were using it then probably not.

d) Do you use other Phyto products? No, too expensive

2. If you no longer use Phytorelaxer, why? Lets see...it would not last on my head for a long enough time. By the 3rd week I looked like I needed a touch up. My hair wouldn't retain moisture and because of that I had breakage. My hair was frizzy and dry. I figure that I had to switch to a lye relaxer.

b). Are you now having better results or similar result with your new relaxer, since switching from Phyto? Yes I'm having better results. I use Vitale Life and Body now and my hair is much softer.

c) Would you consider switching back to Phyto, if you do not get similar results from another relaxer? No. I think lye is for me.

3. What made you try phytorelaxer? The raves here and at hairboutique.

4. For those of you who aren't not using Phytorelaxer, are you considering it and why?

Not sure. I loved Phyto in the beginning and it works for so many. It just turns out that it doesn't like my head.

Ntrlmystik

1. If you are using Phyto relaxer, will you continue to use it and why? I would not use it again because I don't ever plan on relaxing my hair again. However when I used to use it, I preferred it cause I had sebhorric dermatitits and it did not agitate my scalp

If you do it yourself I guess its the same price as if you went to the salon to get a relaxer but if you buy it and take it to the salon...its expensive...also a relaxer is a relaxer in my experience a salon perm w/ lye generated the same results (except the scalp issue)as phyto my hair was just as healthy w/ both

Like I mentioned before, there ws no difference

c) Would you continue to use Phyto if the price went up? N/A

I used to use some of the shampoos but after reevaluating the small fortune I was spending on hair products, I decided to pare down to quality drugstore brands and its been workign out well.

2. If you no longer use Phytorelaxer, why? I went natural!!!

b). Are you now having better results or similar result with your new relaxer, since switching from Phyto?N/A

N/A

It was a "natural" product...

N/A

Based on what they say, are the ingredients, I guess its safer but if you use relaxers, i think all of them are the same in moderation.

B

ballet_bun

Thanks for the replies ladies! It's interesting to read. I know there are more ladies that use phyto, so I hope the responses keep rolling in :)

sweetpeadst

I will continue to use this product!!

I do!! My hair is fuller after geting a relaxer!! I have used it 3 times and UI can feel the difference where the old relaxer is asnd where phyto is!1 The Phyto part is thicker!!!

Refer to 1a

Depends on how much hopefully it goes down!! I wonder if I can get it cheaper when I become a Cosmetologist!!

No I don't have the money!! But I do hear that the phytonectar a try once I get enough money!!

N/A

This Board!! Kaddy and gher Phyto Hype!!!

N/A

I don't know if the claims are true but I have a sensitive scalp and I can say that it doesn't burn my scalp as other relaxers have! I have burned with it but it was because I haad just washed my face with SA 2%

B

ballet_bun

sweetpeadst said:

No I don't have the money!! But I do hear that the phytonectar a try once I get enough money!!

I have this shampoo and it's wonderful. For me, it packs in the moisture.

sareca

Yes, because it is the best relaxer I've ever had on my hair.

Yes, it isn't thin, limp, and stringy as before. Now it's shiny and bouncy.

Yep, even if it went to $100 I'd just change the frequency of my touch-ups. More than that and I'd probably find an alternative.

No, the defrizzant did nothing for me so I didn't try any other the others.

a). If Phytorelaxer did not cost so much, would you continue to use? N/A

b). Are you now having better results or similar result with your new relaxer, since switching from Phyto?N/A
c) Would you consider switching back to Phyto, if you do not get similar results from another relaxer?N/A

Desperation, I was recovering from overprocessed hair. I wanted wash and wear (no heat) verus straight so I needed more texture. I thought I would have more control over the texture with Phyto.

4. For those of you who aren't not using Phytorelaxer, are you considering it and why? N/A

I think processing is processing, natural or not, none are safe. I treat my hair as if it has been processed with chemicals and is fragile and damaged (even though it doesn't look it) .

Here's my Phyto testimonial from hairboutique.com
Wow, curly, bouncy, shiny, wow!, September 2, 2005Reviewer: [email protected] (Austin,TX) First, I want to say I’m an avid internet shopper and I’ve only written one other testimonial. However, I had to encourage other black women to try this product. My result exceeded my wildest expectation. I was very nervous about relaxing my hair. Over the last 12 months, I've been growing out my last relaxer ($3 one from the local mega mart). My goal was truly "wash and wear" hair. I did three strand tests before I found the right time and application technique (minimum time, finger smoothing only). My hair was fuller than I’d ever seen it after processing. It dried bouncy and curly, but a little fuzzy. I used my favorite deep conditioner (ultra black hair) a few times and styled it with my favorite wash and wear products (curly hair solutions) and wow! It’s been a month and I still don’t believe it. No one guesses this is not my hair’s natural texture. Styling involves a couple products and some water. But, the best part is I never worry about workouts, humidity, or rain. No wait, the best part is my hair isn’t shedding or breaking. Wow!

sweetpeadst

ballet_bun said:
[/indent][/indent]I have this shampoo and it's wonderful. For me, it packs in the moisture.
I want it!! Don't you use Phyto what are your result???

B

ballet_bun

sweetpeadst said:
I want it!! Don't you use Phyto what are your result???[/QUOTE]

I used to use Phyto:

sometimes I thought it was worth it, other time no. I'm back to being undecided!

lol .... lol :lachen:

Phytonectar Shampoo for when my hair feels as dry as a leaf in the desert.

a). If Phytorelaxer did not cost so much, would you continue to use? Not sure, I'm on the fence with this one.

b). Are you now having better results or similar result with your new relaxer, since switching from Phyto? I am having similar, but still not as good as my cheap ol' Sheenique Sensitive scalp relaxer. I NEVER had a problem with that relaxer and my hair ALWAYS turned out beautifuly. It's too hard to find, and basically out of circulation. I need something that's easier to find! I was considering going transitioning. I'll just continue to stretch, until I make a final decision about what to use. I don't know :confused:

c) Would you consider switching back to Phyto, if you do not get similar results from another relaxer?possibly. I don't understand why another company has not come out with a similar formula at a better price. Their sales would probably go through the roof.

... Because it was supposed to be very gentle on the scalp. I don't consider it natural though. It hs guadanine carbonate (sp??) That's still a chemical isn't it!

I don't know! There are a lot of things about Phyto that I'm still not sure about :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

secretdiamond

I should have found this thread first...... B U M P....... to ALL Phyto users PLEASE continue to respond. TIA.

MonaLisa

YES

YES

YES, even if it went to 100-125.00. I don't spend a lot at the salon, it all balances out. I think the most important thing for a relaxed head is the relaxer. I don't understand why such a reaction about the price, 60.00 at retail outlets, cheaper on some online sites. It comes out to way more than that in spending a bunch on oils, conditioners, shampoos, etc....

The relaxer is the foundation...everything else is the bricks the hair house is built upon.

Just My Opinion.

I don't think the manufacturers made a claim that Phytorelaxer would work for everyone. Different things work for different heads...as with all hair products.

Not currently, would like to try the phytodefrissant at some point.

a) N/A.

b). Are you now having better results or similar result with your new relaxer, since switching from Phyto? N/A

c) Would you consider switching back to Phyto, if you do not get similar results from another relaxer? N/A.

... Because it was supposed to be very gentle on the scalp and not drying and it's lived up to that for me. I finally found a product that actually gave me relaxed looking hair and not looking textrelaxed in some frizzy limbo. It gave me the ability to care for my hair at home...and less reliant upon going to the salon...definitely making it worth the price. I don't have a problem with reversion with it either.

I'm not familiar with those claims; I can only state it's the best relaxer I've ever used on MY head. I'm grateful to have found it...wish I knew about it sooner...I would've never let Affirm touch my head once.