Pics of my mom's hair

Shadiyah

Hey ladies I am back to bring you more updates of my mother's hair. She is doing so good and just have one area in the top of her that still is thin. Her hair is starting to grow back. her henna was done again tonight.

Attachments

• 295.jpg
    295.jpg
    526.2 KB · Views: 158
  • 297.jpg
    297.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 177

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
your mother's hair is BEAUTIFUL. You are such a sweet daughter :D I love hearing about close relationships between family members, especially mothers and daughters. Keep up the great work :)

Shadiyah

your mother's hair is BEAUTIFUL. You are such a sweet daughter :D I love hearing about close relationships between family members, especially mothers and daughters. Keep up the great work :)

Thank you I am so happy that her hair is looking so great. I started on her neighbors also but I let her get out the door before I took pictures I told her I was going to and forgot. She is going to be a real chanllenge too.

DRJones

Your moms hair is coming along wonderfully, it's absolutely beautiful. I can't believe the difference in just a few months, Fantastic job. :yep:

Fab_Nikki

Your mom's hair has really thickened up so beautifully. Great job!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Shadiyah

Thank you so much, but I am so sorry that I forgot to take pic of her neighbors. my battery in my camera was dead and didn't know it but after she went back home and I was done with my mother's hair my grandson said what is wrong with your phone LOL we all just broke out laughing. Her hair that she does have on her head I will try to grow in to cover where she is bald at because I think some spots will not grow at all but we will see. She had brain surgery and never got it to grow back. She ask me to try to see how I could help her. I will start hers next week.

Dposh167

WOW...her hair is growing in so nicely.
OP...is there anything in particular that your mom likes doing now...that she wasn't doing before

Shadiyah

WOW...her hair is growing in so nicely.
OP...is there anything in particular that your mom likes doing now...that she wasn't doing before

Do you mean as far as her hair? She loves to co wash and she loves how the henna has help thicken her hair. I looked all through her hair yesterday and it really did fill in not just look like it her hair is growing and not just longer. There is still one spot that hasn't yet and it is in the top of her head.
I had to write her notes on the bottles to get her use to her regi but she knows to plait her hair if she is just going to lay around something that she always did but she was using grease. I have added jbco also. I will be doing henna on her hair again next week just so her color can catch up to mines because she loves how dark and rich mines is now.

Rina88

Wow what a transformation, you have done an excellent job! I can't thank you enough for the pics and information you've posted. :)

Shadiyah

Wow what a transformation, you have done an excellent job! I can't thank you enough for the pics and information you've posted. :)

Rina88 you are so welcome. I love doing my mom's hair and she is in love with her hair now. I am making her a product junkie now just like me well not as bad as me because every inch of my bathroom is full. I started on her neighbors hair and she is going to be ruff because she had brain surgery and some parts I don't think she will get hair back but I am hoping to grow what she does have out to cover the bald spots.

Rina88

I'm planning on henna/indigo my mother's hair as well. She has a lot of gray and even white in the very front so I'm nervous about what the outcome will be so this thread is perfect. Her hair is thinning but it's not too noticeable, except at her nape so I'll look into those powders you used for your mom.

Shadiyah

I'm planning on henna/indigo my mother's hair as well. She has a lot of gray and even white in the very front so I'm nervous about what the outcome will be so this thread is perfect. Her hair is thinning but it's not too noticeable, except at her nape so I'll look into those powders you used for your mom.

I don't know about everyone else but I found the indigo didn't last on her hair. I just use the straight henna on her hair and mines and I have a rich deep color and I love it and I am trying to get her's like that so the more times you apply it the darker it gets.

EbonyCPrincess

Wow!!!! I have bought my mother's products and given her a reggie but since we live several states and hrs away she has to do it herself. And well lets just say she hasn't bn success bc she doesn't follow it. I wish I were able to be there with her so she'd have the success that you have had with your mother.

Sent from my DROID3 using DROID3

Shadiyah

does the mixed chick con keep it moisturized?

gn1g I have not used mixed chicks without using jbco and hairveda at night before so I am not sure what would happen if I just use that every day.

Candygirl thank you so much

EbonyCPrincess I would just keep on her and type her out a list of step by step instructions. and talk about it all the time. it took a min for her to believe me and to get it right while I'm away.

Shadiyah

Bump @Shadiyah
Any updates on your mothers wonderful progress?

hair4romheaven Thanks for asking. I have just asked her to send me some pictures so I can post because she did her last henna treatment all by herself lol. Since I started with my daughter and my mother's hair I have been asked by my first cousin to help her out with her natural journey or relaxed hair, she has not decided as of yet but she does know this one thing that she wants me to get to cutting and growing lol.

I will post as soon as my mother send me the pictures or I go to her to give her another treatment. I can say this I think my mother is sulfur and protein sensitive just like me. she has had some breakage to her length.

Shadiyah

Ok I finally got new pictures of my mother's hair. I did her henna yesterday and it is a rich deep burgundy color now. She doesn't have much length because she is growing slow right now which she really doesn't care much about.

Attachments

• DSC01152.JPG
    DSC01152.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC01153.JPG
    DSC01153.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC01154.JPG
    DSC01154.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 112

Valerie

It is so great how you are helping out your mum. The only products I could suggest is castor oil, Jamaican Black Castor oil, Ovation or mega tek products, Aveda has products for thin hair and promises to increase thickness, Invati products by Aveda, also I'm not sure if you mentioned henna or cassia, both are excellent to help thicken hair.

Wishing you all the best.