Pics**So I have reached the ultimate level of Bootleg..Made a wig!

kandegirl

It looks great. I've been wanting to make one w/ straight hair but I've been too lazy. I'm going to do it clips on the edges to hold it down (at BSS or Sally's) and make it where I can where a part w/ my hair. I saw them on sale on-line an the start are from $60-130. And I'm on a budget, I can do one myself. Thanks for the inspiration to finally get started.

BrockStar

Thanks for all the replies ya'll!!! Lol at the youTube Video:look::look: hmmm maybe I will do that next time! This time I didn't know how it would come out

PM me if you have any questions:grin:

Platinum

There's nothing bootleg about that wig.:look: I know a lot of people that make their own. It looks great on you!

Allandra

So I didn't want a sew in b/c I'm wishy washy, but they didn't have any half wigs I liked. Then I saw what looked like a wig on display with the hair I wanted on a head, but she told me it wasn't a wig, it was sent by the company to show what it looks like once it is sewn in. So I thought, if they can do it,so can I!! Haha so I bought a netted wig cap, the hair I wanted and went to work sewing the tracks on to the cap...Here are the results(I made a half wig)...lol:lachen:

ETA: I see the little piece that's out so I'm gonna hide it under the headband..lol...or get the 2 color and sew that one...The lady SWORE up and dowwwwwn I was a 1B...I told her I was a 2!!
Well, just look at you with your cute self. I think you did a very, VERY good job. I'm impressed. :yep: It looks very nice on you.

Isis

It really does look great! You can make some serious money selling these to the ladies, not only here but everywhere! :yep:

Brownie518

So I didn't want a sew in b/c I'm wishy washy, but they didn't have any half wigs I liked. Then I saw what looked like a wig on display with the hair I wanted on a head, but she told me it wasn't a wig, it was sent by the company to show what it looks like once it is sewn in. So I thought, if they can do it,so can I!! Haha so I bought a netted wig cap, the hair I wanted and went to work sewing the tracks on to the cap...Here are the results(I made a half wig)...lol:lachen:

ETA: I see the little piece that's out so I'm gonna hide it under the headband..lol...or get the 2 color and sew that one...The lady SWORE up and dowwwwwn I was a 1B...I told her I was a 2!!

:yep: Great job!! That looks too cute!!

msa

Girl, your wig is not bootleg at all!! It's beautiful!

So, anyone else do this lately? I'm challenged when it comes to doing hair so I'm wondering if this is going to be too difficult for me.

Irresistible

wow thats look really cute mama! really cute! purty!

ETA: oh she didnt just do this , this is an older thread, I was like 'how did i miss this' :lol:

Last edited:

lilsparkle825

it is really nice...i would attempt it if i had the vaguest idea how.

i mean...i haven't sewed in so long that i bought stitch witch to make satin pillowcases. that wont work on wet and wavy. LOL!

DivaD04

Dang it, you beat me to it! I was thinking about this a couple of weeks ago...I bought a wig a year ago, I wear it every now and then but a couple of weeks ago I said I was going to sew some tracks on my wig cuz it's so dogg on thin, not to mention it's black and blk is not my color, I want to go ahead and color it bwn-dk. bwn w/ the added bwn tracks...
but ur half wig looks really nice and natural, good job!:grin:

trini_rican

Looks like the same curl pattern as your own hair - very pretty and creative.:yep: