PICS! WL check LD's 14 month pics w/set back explanations, etc

Janet'

Very inspirational!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!! Your hair is lovely!!!! Grow girl!

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
All those set backs and it still looks great!!!! Great job retaining your growth even with your medical issues.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

winnettag

Well that's inspiring! Through set backs and medical conditions your hair still looks amazing and long.
And you don't have backfat.

nc cutie

Wow!! Great Progress LD. You and I are suffering from the same things!! I thought the memory thing was weird but none of my doctors acknowledge it. But you give me hope!

jamaicalovely

Your story and pics are so inspirational! Thank you for sharing. I suffer from hypothyroidism and it's so depressing. Dry, brittle hair, weight gain, you name it. Glad to see there is hope. Loving the thick strands.

Iluvsmuhgrass

Girl :drool: your hair is beaaaaaaaaaaaaautiful! :yep: And you deserve a big ol :bighug: and a round of :clap: because that's alot to deal with health-wise. Your doing great lady! Keep up the good work!

luckiestdestiny

Wow!! Great Progress LD. You and I are suffering from the same things!! I thought the memory thing was weird but none of my doctors acknowledge it. But you give me hope!
OMG it took several docs before one finally said that he's heard others complain and so it must be true, even though medicine has not caught up with it yet. Really the thyroid (off balance) can affect the mind and heart (no thyroid hormone and a person can actually die, so it goes to show that I really don't understand why others aren't taking it more seriously). If you can, try to get a doc who can put you on synthroid and cytomel (t3 and t4) most will say if you have t 4 you don't need t3 (BUT the thyroid converts t4 to t3
...what if you have little to no thyroid? Then conversion isn't happening...probably a reason for the mental sluggishness I'm guessing). Anyways...hopefully you'll find a doc that is confident in doing that.

Thyroid Top Doctors | Top Thyroid Doctors -- The Best Thyroid Doctors, Endocrinologists, Thyroidologists, Practitioners and Experts in the World as Nominated by Patients, from Patient Advocate Mary Shomon

^ listing tells you thyroid docs in each state and patients experiences (real) with them. YOu'll be able to tell who will offer it. And who won't. Most docs aren't up to date on this info as they're not studying the New England Journal of medicine all the time. Countries in Europe always make sure to prescribe both together.

And thanks for the hair comments. Just had to respond to the rest because I know that it isn't fun to be standing there like "what was I saying?":spinning: When you could be back to normal or close.

It made a ton of difference with me, and so now I'm getting balanced again. Hopefully it'll stay this way with that addition.:yep:

beanie44

you have beautyful hair and you are an inspiration to me to keep going in this hair game. I wish you good health, a great wedding and more hair.

luckiestdestiny

you have beautyful hair and you are an inspiration to me to keep going in this hair game. I wish you good health, a great wedding and more hair.

Thanks so much. I found for me that sometimes it's best to put it away and not look at it:lachen:. Like braided (or weaved)...I haven't tried wigs but it's a good bet too. Especially if you're not liking what you see like me at the time (I'm still a perfectionist so I'm not thrilled but I'm definitely happy. I'm just like everyone else in that I want to be there already). By low manipulation (preferably in a way where you're not seeing your hair all the time like mentioned)...that way you're not tempted to do something drastic. And also you're not fretting about it. Then everytime you take it down it becomes a surprise that gets better and better with each time. So eventually I've found I stop getting annoyed, and just put it up and out of the way knowing that I'm doing the best thing for my hair by employing low manipulation and that it's only a matter of time before I get to my next goal. And believe me I wasn't a happy camper after each set back. But putting it up was a way to give my hair a rest, and also avoid judging it (I believe in the energy you send out too).

luckiestdestiny

I forgot to add that I took down my own weave (as last time I had one) and I'm getting another one installed for protective purposes next week. I really believe in that unless you know someone you can trust. I used that cowboy magic. I actually put it on the hair and on the string (basically I made my hands slippery with it rubbed it on my palms and fingers, and on each braid, and when my hands were dry did it again) because it helps take out knots faster than anything else. That way even when hair needed special attention, my saturating it before I even started unraveling the braid, really helped. So no parts get matted (and I went almost 3 months).