PikiNiki ... Imma need your reggie!!

Your hair is beautiful and I love how nice and healthy your ends are! Thanks for sharing.

BRAVO! BRAVO!:grin: You got it exactly right! Please let me know how it turns out simplyhair! I get my best results the longer I stretch due to more volume. The more twists I add, the fuller it looks. Good luck :)

And she graciously takes a bow. :grin:

I sure will. I plan on trying it tonight.

Love your personality...:grin: LLOOOVVVEEEE your hair:grin: You seem like a person inside and out!!!

Aww...thanks ladies! A friend of mine called me today and told me that a thread had been started. I was really surprised to say the least. I see sooo many thread worthy pics of ladies here, and just never thought that my name would be in the title of one. Before I get into my reggie, I'd like to thank those of you who've inquired and paid a visit to my page. I've certainly learned a lot from you ladies, and my results are proof of that. Here goes:

pre-poo: Ojon Restorative Treatment or HairVeda Vatika Frosting (once a week)
cleanse: Ojon Tawaka Cleanser (Saturday), co-wash with Hair One Olive Oil formula (Wed), or sometimes HV Amala Cream Rinse, Mill's Creek Biotin Shampoo (if I need protein)
deep conditioners: SheScentIt Banana Brulee and HV Sitrinillah (sometimes mixed with honeyquat, silk amino acids, and panthenol as needed from lotioncrafter.com)
conditioners: Ojon Tawaka Rejuvenating Conditioner, Aubrey Organics HSR
-protein: Joico K-Pak Reconstructor and Intense Hydrator, or Mill's Creek Keratin Conditioner
leave-ins: HV Moist Condition 24/7, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, SheScentIt Moisture Mist (for a lighter feel)
oils/butters: HV CoCasta oil on scalp and to seal, HV AvaSoya oil and Vatika Frosting to seal, SheScentIt butters to seal
moisturize: aloe/rosewater/honeyquat spritz on ends prior to sealing, if extra dry, I'll add HV Whipped Cream also (every other night, as I try not to over moisturize)
edges: HV Whipped Gelly, SheScentIt Macadamia Gel

When I flatiron, which is VERY rare, I use different styling products because I actually want cones. I use all Ojon products w/the exception of my DC. I apply Ojon Restorative Leave-In Treatment :lick: (no cones) and Ojon Revitalizing Mist on damp hair. I never blowdry, and airdry for a day. Just prior to flatironing, I apply Ojon Shine and Protect Glossing Mist, then follow up with the comb chase method with a Sedu Revolution on about 390 degrees.

As I get about 13 weeks into my stretch, I don't co-wash due to shedding, and I switch to low manipulation only. My above mentioned aloe spritz and HV Whipped Cream has helped significantly with my NG. At this point, I do lots of buns and pony tails with the band of knee highs (Chicoro's method). I'll braid or twist my pony, and put Goody's Satin twist rollers at the end (Walmart). The following morning I undo it and style.

I have a diet vey high in protein and omega-3. I take a daily womens' vitamin, Eathrise Spirulina (3g), Source Naturals Yaemen Chlorella (6g), Now MSM (2,000g), Nature's Way Biotin (5,000 mg). I honestly have no idea exactly how helpful these supplements have been.

I use a Jonathan Showerhead (Sephora or QVC) to purify the water. It's helped a lot with hair and skin.

I do the search and destroy method. After a 22 wk stretch, my stylist literally found 1 split end! I was so proud of myself. Prior to my journey, I could ALWAYS count on the need to get a trim. When home, my head is always in a satin cap. DH used to complain, but he's used to it now and loves the condition of my hair. We have satin pillows as back-up!

I've jumped on many bandwagons, and still have drawer/bin fulls of products to use up, but the above mentioned are my staples. I closely monitor how well I'm balancing moisture and protein based on my experimenting with shed hairs, lol!

In an attempt to preserve the natural resources of the rainforest, Ojon's Tawaka line will be discontinued. They contain a very high concentration of antioxidants. I stocked up on QVC with this product, but will check into the hydration line to see if it contains sulfates. I might be looking into replacing my Tawaka poo and condish with the Beauty 4 Ashes line that I'm considering trying. If any of you are familiar with this line, please let me know what you think.

If anyone has any specific questions that I haven't addressed, please ask. I don't think that I left out anything out.

ETA: I only do twist/braid outs on hair that's about 80% dry because I don't want to add too much tension while wet, as it is weaker. If I want more hold, I'll use SheScentIt Macadamia Gel. If I'm doing a twist/braid out on dry hair, I'll spray a little aloe spritz and add a little Macadamia Gel.

Im going to be ignorant for 5 seconds. " Girl you must have some indian in you somewhere!" Let me stop.. im just kidding.

So where is the fotki because i wanna stalk you :yep:

You really are extremely kind for answering all the questions thrown at you!

Your hair is breathtakingly beautiful

Im going to be ignorant for 5 seconds. " Girl you must have some indian in you somewhere!" Let me stop.. im just kidding.

So where is the fotki because i wanna stalk you :yep:
:lachen:Girl, way down the line...maternal great-grandfather was half, and I'm not sure what percent my paternal great-grandmother was. They're only a few family members that know what kind of Indian and other specifics. What's trifeling(sp?) is that I hadn't taken the time to do the research to find out, so when asked, I'm the one that sounds ign'ant! Also, that fotki hasn't been updated nor looked at even by myself since I opened the account. However, my page contains those same pics. I will work on my fotki soon. Thank you :grin:

Thanks for sharing! Question and this may have been answered already, but you said you like low manipulation as you get into your stretch and that you only do styles on 80% dry hair because the hair is at its weakest. My question is do you detangle at this point (80% dry) or while your hair is wet or while in the shower? Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks for sharing! Question and this may have been answered already, but you said you like low manipulation as you get into your stretch and that you only do styles on 80% dry hair because the hair is at its weakest. My question is do you detangle at this point (80% dry) or while your hair is wet or while in the shower? Thanks in advance!!!
I don't detangle in the shower, but I do directly from the shower after immediately applying a leave-in. My hair is much harder to detangle as it dries. I've had pretty twistout results done on wet hair (some have come out better). Actually, they last longer, but require more patience as I have to be a lot more careful not to break hairs. The method I'm currently using allows me to take my hair right out of a bun sometimes, spray with a little aloe spritz to dampen, and do a twistout.

I've jumped on many bandwagons, and still have drawer/bin fulls of products to use up, but the above mentioned are my staples. I closely monitor how well I'm balancing moisture and protein based on my experimenting with shed hairs, lol!
Hi PiKiNiki,
Please tell us how you monitor and balance your M/P on experimenting with sheds hair?
Thanks in advance!

Hi PiKiNiki,
Please tell us how you monitor and balance your M/P on experimenting with sheds hair?
Thanks in advance!
I'll just take those hairs and pull from both ends of the hair (starting with the middle) to see how flexible it is. I hope that I explained this clearly.

Back