PJ's CHALLENGE: Just USE IT UP!!!

I am doing very well. I finished all my fermodyl 619 and replaced it. I am finishing conditioners and poos. I feel free. Even though I did buy oils.... but i needed them.

I'm doing okay on this challenge. I've used up a couple of things and given away quite a bit. And I've only bought a few new items and replaced staples. I think I'll be free from all excess products in a few months.

I haven't checked into this thread in a while, but I suck :nono:

I just bought a new serum today...But the rationale is that it's for my friend (I do her hair every week or two, and she refuses to really get into LHCF and touch her own hair, so I have to get cheaper alternatives, so as to not waste the good stuff on a civilian...:look:)

But STILL the list got LONGER since I last posted...:wallbash:

I suspect that if I start over today, I won't be done until this time next yr...:yawn:

In the meantime...my hair looks GREAT :grin:

This weekend I gave my girl a bag full of stuff that I never used or hardly used; Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla leave-in conditioner (it was like scented water for me), some Blended beauty samples (straightening glaze), and some kynk moisturer and a full sized bottle of Nexxus Humectin Shampoo. I felt that was my goodwill...tis the season for giving!:grin:

I just used up the following:

Nexxus Humectress
Nexxus Aloe Rid
Nexxus Ensure

I gave away:

HE Hello Hydration
Garnier Sleek & Shine conditioner
6 travel size Garnier Length & Strength conditioner
Deep Brilliance Hydrating shampoo
Pantene Hydrating Curls conditioner

I have placed in a bag for giveaway:

Giovanni Direct leave in
Sunsilk Hydra TLC leave in
Sunsilk Anti Caida leave in
HE Color Me Happy conditioner

I will not be replacing any of these products. Ahhhhh...

I was never officially on this challenge, but watched it from the sidelines. :lol:

Well I just threw away an empty bottle of lottabody setting lotion. I haven't bought any hair products in about a week, and I'm going for at least another month. The best thing for me is to just stay away from Trade Secret and Aveda. :nono:

Anyone else still on this challenge? :look:

I did not buy one hair product this month and this is a first for me.
I am slowly becoming reformed PJ.
I will be shopping in my own little BSS in the future months on replacing staples.

I did not buy one hair product this month and this is a first for me.
I am slowly becoming reformed PJ.
I will be shopping in my own little BSS in the future months on replacing staples.

Right! Sometimes I look through my tub of products and go "when did I buy this?!" :rolleyes: :lachen:

I am not on this challenge, but i think I should be. Today I had to fight the PJ demons like nothing. I have a lot of stuff and I kept looking at them thinking "oh I think I should be using that instead of this", every time I read about something, I want to try it. I have not bought anything since November of 07 :yep:, so I am doing well (thanks to the fact that the only BSS that carries products I like is 30mins from my house:nono:). I want to try using the Keracare line exclusively, but I can't afford it at the moment so I have to use up everything and save for Keracare. I have enough products to last me the whole year ( I think), it will be hard to stay away from the BSS for that long, but I will try.

I really have been neglecting this challenge.
It's just too hard. I've learned to live with my addiction. I buy about 1-2 products a month. I run out of about 1-2 products a month. Sometimes 3. So I am slowly decreasing the load, but very, very slowly. I have so much stuff I should be ashamed of myself for even thinking I can fit another bottle of shampoo or styling products or conditioner into my bathroom. :nono: I managed to end my addiction to facial/beauty products... but it has been replaced with a candle/incense addiction. I guess if I'm not hooked on one thing I'm hooked on another. It used to be clothes, now its hair stuff--- I figure when I find something else I'll get hooked on that too.:ohwell:

Sometimes I think theres gotta be a special spot in hell for PJs... cause I am shameless:rolleyes:

I really have been neglecting this challenge.
It's just too hard. I've learned to live with my addiction. I buy about 1-2 products a month. I run out of about 1-2 products a month. Sometimes 3. So I am slowly decreasing the load, but very, very slowly. I have so much stuff I should be ashamed of myself for even thinking I can fit another bottle of shampoo or styling products or conditioner into my bathroom. :nono: I managed to end my addiction to facial/beauty products... but it has been replaced with a candle/incense addiction. I guess if I'm not hooked on one thing I'm hooked on another. It used to be clothes, now its hair stuff--- I figure when I find something else I'll get hooked on that too.:ohwell:

Sometimes I think theres gotta be a special spot in hell for PJs... cause I am shameless:rolleyes:

Why IS that?! Once one addiction ends it leads to another, or yet another pops up? I've gone through body products, nail polishes, makeup, spa services, clothes, shoes and hair product addictions. I am currently 5 days into a no-buy and it is freeing. I'm going for 21 days, and then afterwards plan on exercising a whole lot more restraint with future purchases.

The nice thing is, though, I pretty much have everything I could want (or so I think.....) :ohwell:

I've been doing well over the past year since this thread started. I'm still a work in progress, but I haven't added new products, just restocking my old faithfuls.

Threw away a bottle of V05 con. FINALLY. I'm glad that crap is gone. :grin: It didn't work for me. :nono: Trying to use up the crap so I can enjoy my staples without guilt.

I gave away some Dominican Rinses, Aveda USC, packettes of conditioners, Porosity Control conditioner, and a whole bunch of samples. It feels good to let it go but now I'm eyeing a whole bunch of stuff from Herbal Essence (Pin Straight, Long Term Commitment) it never ends.

I've tried to get back on focus (it's starting to work, I think) and start back focusing on using up all of the things that I already have. Thankfully, I haven't bought anything new recently. I'm just focusing on using up what I have. It's kinda hard when I keep reading rave reviews about products like HE's new line (LTR), but I try to stay focused. I need the discipline. I've started to use stuff that's just been sitting there, so that's a good start. Things that I just can't deal with either get given away or go in the trash. So luckily this time around for me, I just might defeat this inner PJ!!!

Well, I haven't been as good with this as I should either. I did put together a box of things to give away:

Biolage Daily Leave In Tonic
Nacidit Olive Oil conditioner
Emergencia
La Bomba treatment
Alopecil Cinnamon & Rosemary Rinse
BioInfusion Olive Oil Moisturizer
2 Nyle Indian shampoos
CHI Keratin Mist
CHI Infra Treatment
CHI Shampoo

I have used up these:

Loreal Mega Moisture conditioner
Rusk Moist conditioner
Silicon Mix leave in
Lacio Lacio (actually just poured it out)
Pantene Hydrating Curls conditioner
Garnier Length & Strength conditioner
PM Super Skinny Treatment

Sooooo...we'll see :look:

Wow, good job Brownie, that's a lot! :grin:
I'm on a roll, just used up my Aveda cherry almond bark conditioner. It was a nice con before I got my highlights, but I find it to be too lightweight for me now. I won't be re-purchasing - will stick with the DR line. :yep: My tub of products is slowly but surely going down! :drunk: And I haven't bought anything new in about 4 weeks!

Why IS that?! Once one addiction ends it leads to another, or yet another pops up? I've gone through body products, nail polishes, makeup, spa services, clothes, shoes and hair product addictions. I am currently 5 days into a no-buy and it is freeing. I'm going for 21 days, and then afterwards plan on exercising a whole lot more restraint with future purchases.

The nice thing is, though, I pretty much have everything I could want (or so I think.....) :ohwell:

The story of my life :lol: I just figure, there are worse things to be addicted too:ohwell: Pass the conditioner please!

I do have an idea what my next obsession will be though:yep:

I'm slowing using up my products but..........I am still buyinng stuff! :spinning:

I think that I will just round my stuff (things that are ok, but I'm not crazy about) and donate all to a women's shelter.

I need a fresh start in 2009 - and there is not way that I can use up all of this before the New Year!:yep:

I feel ya. I just started my hair journey in June of this year when I bought UBH products. They were not working well for me so I have since stocked up on sooooo many different items because I am still trying to find what works for my hair. It is so hard. I don't know whether to give a product some time to work or to eliminate it altogether after one or two uses since many times your hair will tell you right off whether a product is working or not. Hmmm..
I just some Aussie moist condish. I am slowing find what works but it's hard to not buy something until you use up what you have.

Back