Planned Parenthood says Abortion is 'A Sacred Gift' ...

Iwanthealthyhair67

Planned Parenthood Board Member Says Abortion Is ‘A Sacred Gift,’ Claims Christianity Is Dying

January 6, 2014 | By: Garrett Haley

In recent opinion columns, a Planned Parenthood board member has claimed that abortion is ‘a sacred gift,’ and that nonbelievers have ‘reasons to celebrate’ since Christianity is ‘in decline.’

Valerie Tarico is a member of Planned Parenthood’s Board of Advocates, which—according to the board’s website—is a 400-member body of individuals “united by their personal integrity and commitment to the Planned Parenthood mission.” Among other responsibilities, Board of Advocates members “writ[e] articles, blog posts, or statements in support of Planned Parenthood.”

Tarico, whose writing has appeared in outlets such as Salon, AlterNet, and the Huffington Post, routinely writes about her opposition to Christian beliefs and values. In an opinion piece last June, she wrote, “it’s tempting to think that Christian conservatives have reached some new pinnacle of hating women and sexuality.”

In a Huffington Post article last January, Tarico claimed that abortion is “a sacred gift.” She also encouraged people to “honor women who decide to terminate pregnancies” and “honor doctors who provide abortion services,” since they are “doing God’s work.”

“An abortion when needed is a blessing,” Tarico posited. “It is a gift, a grace, a mercy, a cause for gratitude, a new lease on life. Being able to choose when and whether to bring a child into the world enables us and our children to flourish.”

In one of Tarico’s most recent articles, initially published on AlterNet in late December, she lists ten reasons why she believes that Christianity is “in decline.”

“Things are looking bright for those who would like to see humanity more grounded in science and reason,” Tarico asserts.

The facts Tarico cites to support her claim vary significantly, but they include the secularization of millenials, the increasing outspokenness of skeptics, and the society’s departure from Biblical values.

“Today’s young women and men are making the Bible writers look as if they were members of a tribal, Iron Age culture in which women were property like livestock and children—to be traded, sold and won in battle,” Tarico alleges.

Tarico also claims that Christian denominations are declining in influence due to their “cruelty, bigotry and ignorance.”

In response to Tarico’s assertions, Matt Barber, a popular author and freelance columnist, wrote in a column for WND that such claims from nonbelievers are nothing new.

“When the atheist gives voice to his or her God-denial,” Barber writes, “it provides those in Truth a small glimpse into the same dark spirit—old as Adam—that prompted the psalmist to observe: ‘The fool says in his heart, ‘There is no God.’ They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good’ (Psalm 14:1).”

Barber points out that true freedom cannot be found in human reasoning or atheism, but only in Jesus Christ—as explained in Galatians 5:1.
“Without Christ, there is no freedom,” Barber states. “There is only death.”

“When God-deniers like Ms. Tarico dig in their heels,” he continues, “a pitiable paradox occurs. While they think they’ve achieved intellectual enlightenment and freedom, they have, instead, been played for the fool. They have become slaves to the flesh, and playthings to the enemy.”
“Ultimately,” Barber concludes, “there is no autonomy. In the end we each belong to one Master or the other. Ms. Tarico, the end is just the beginning. And eternity is a very long time.”
Photo: Live Action News

felic1

Cruelty, ignorance and bigotry. What a bound and yes, delusional individual. We should celebrate abortion? I cannot even direct my mind toward such a warped statement. Christianity is declining. I am sorry. She sounds like Rush Limbaugh. My first thought is that she sounds like a republican. Making these statements is not going make the Body of Christ drop it's godly morals and values and just go away. I have seen a lot of people go and witness to people approaching an abortion clinic. It is not a holy place. Abortion is not a contraception choice. SMH and then some.:nono:

caligirl

I think abortion should be viewed as a crisis and not just an option. I wish the priority was on preventing unwanted pregnancy

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I think abortion should be viewed as a crisis and not just an option.

I wish the priority was on preventing unwanted pregnancy

caligirl....

Exactly... preventing not aborting an unwanted pregnancy.

Abortion is not birth control, it's murder 101. If one does not wish to become pregnant, than take precautions against it. If unmarried, don't have sex in the first place.

The woman in this article is completely out of her mind. And I'll be quite honest, it's satan speaking right through her. These are his demonic ideals and he is using a human vessel to speak and work through.

satan is an illegal alien in the earth and he is using humans to do his work; and folks are 'dead' enough to fall for him. :nono:

Belle Du Jour

Abortion is not birth control, it's murder 101. If one does not wish to become pregnant, than take precautions against it. If unmarried, don't have sex in the first place.

This is the problem and the reason why people want access to abortion. The only effective way to prevent pregnancy is to abstain. As long as people see the pill or condoms as their "cheat card" you will have unwanted and unintended pregnancies. The true issue is the promiscuity. Birth control and abortion are band aids to fix a problem they will never fix.

At the heart of all of this is selfishness and pride. How on earth could a mother kill her own baby??? I just don't get it. And how could people fight for the "right" to do so? We save trees, eagles, whales etc but no on seems to care about the unborn. We have become so cruel. Pray for those working for this industry. I prayed in front of a PP last weekend and you should have seen how extra the staff was: huddle blocking to prevent us from trying to talk to the women. :nono:

Shimmie

Staff member
This is the problem and the reason why people want access to abortion. The only effective way to prevent pregnancy is to abstain. As long as people see the pill or condoms as their "cheat card" you will have unwanted and unintended pregnancies. The true issue is the promiscuity. Birth control and abortion are band aids to fix a problem they will never fix.

At the heart of all of this is selfishness and pride. How on earth could a mother kill her own baby??? I just don't get it. And how could people fight for the "right" to do so?

We save trees, eagles, whales etc but no on seems to care about the unborn.

We have become so cruel. Pray for those working for this industry. I prayed in front of a PP last weekend and you should have seen how extra the staff was: huddle blocking to prevent us from trying to talk to the women. :nono:

At the bolded, I have 'YET' to understand this. They have TV commercials crying for help to adopt dogs/cats and campaigns for monthly payments to support these groups.

Where are the commercials to protect innocent babies...the unborn? Not one have I have yet to see. Not One!

I need to clarify that I do not subscribe to cruelty to animals. But folks are clean out of their minds who will save an animal over a human baby's life! Just plain sick out of their minds. :nono:

Shimmie

Staff member
The March for Life is today. Pray for those marching.

Amen, Lady Belle, Amen. Praying for their safety, their protection from all harm and danger and that they are able to promote 'rescue' for the lives of the innocent.

Farida

Even several people who support abortion see it is as a last resort, unpleasant and difficult thing. I cannot wrap my mind around people who have absolutely no problem with abortion and see it as no different than drinking a smoothie.

Farida

This is the problem and the reason why people want access to abortion. The only effective way to prevent pregnancy is to abstain. As long as people see the pill or condoms as their "cheat card" you will have unwanted and unintended pregnancies. The true issue is the promiscuity. Birth control and abortion are band aids to fix a problem they will never fix. At the heart of all of this is selfishness and pride. How on earth could a mother kill her own baby??? I just don't get it. And how could people fight for the "right" to do so? We save trees, eagles, whales etc but no on seems to care about the unborn. We have become so cruel. Pray for those working for this industry. I prayed in front of a PP last weekend and you should have seen how extra the staff was: huddle blocking to prevent us from trying to talk to the women. :nono:

There was an episode of American Dad where his daughter Hailey, who is super liberal surprised him by saying she was pro life. When her dad questioned her, she was like, I believe in dolphins, eagles, seals and whales so why not babies? I was surprised.

I mean, there are people who would rather humans starve than eat some animals and yet they are pro abortion. Makes no sense.

Farida

Many at planned parenthood believe a baby is not a "baby" until it takes its first breath. Hence the goal of late term abortions which aim to kill a baby before it is delivered. I just don't understand how a person can think a 35-week fetus is not a baby. It can probably survive birth without intervention at that point.

JaneBond007

I can only hope that the lessons I give my children will give them sound grounding in future. Tidbits of joys...these young kids seek out a documentary on infanticide of girls in the world, without my prompting. They are having a discussion amongst themselves and are listening intently. The sociologist in the docu. says, "it's dehumanizing [to have a discussion on why people have the right to exist]..." And this extends to abortion today. People having to leave their countries to have another child past the 2-child rule and they are desperately trying to save their lives...and we so carelessly have casual sex, despite the STI/STD's that will kill you, get pregnant and scream that a human doesn't have the right to exist. "It's a woman's right," her choice.
\

There is so much misunderstanding and lack of knowledge of truth in the world. What have we become to even think about who should and should not live? Help us, Savior.

Last edited:

BostonMaria

Absolutely disgusting

And what does a "decline" in Christianity have to do with anything? (Which I don't believe) Is she implying that only Christians are against murder, I mean abortion? So ALL Atheists and Muslims are all gung-ho about abortion? Whatever lady.