PLEASE be careful with "seamless" resin combs (LONG)

FindingMe

still no word from company on how to take care of them:ohwell:...i emailed thursday and haven't heard back...emailed again today- i'll let you know when i hear-

CurlyMoo

OMG, I just bought that same comb a month ago! :nono: I rarely use it though, because like a good product junkie I bought another comb that I like better. It's the plastic shower rat tail comb. :ohwell: Good looking out!:yep: I'm sorry to hear that it snagged your hair. That had to hurt. You should be able to get your money back. Did you get yours from HoneyFig?

Last edited:

Cichelle

Whooo...I had to take a deep breath when I saw this. Ouch. I'm sorry that happened to you. I'd be mad as hell.

I only use a seamless comb, but not that kind. Perhaps you can try a Mason Pearson or Creative comb. The MP is expensive, but I think it's worth it.

FindingMe

OMG, I just bought that same comb a month ago! :nono: I rarely use it though, because like a good product junkie I bought another comb that I like better. It's the plastic shower rat tail comb. :ohwell: Good looking out!:yep: I'm sorry to hear that it snagged your hair. That had to hurt. You should be able to get your money back. Did you get yours from HoneyFig?

I have som many of them at this point I just want to salvage my investment.:ohwell: Yep, I ordered them from honyfig- I guess I'll kepp them until they are no longer usable and switch to MP or something? Not sure...

FindingMe

Whooo...I had to take a deep breath when I saw this. Ouch. I'm sorry that happened to you. I'd be mad as hell.

I only use a seamless comb, but not that kind. Perhaps you can try a Mason Pearson or Creative comb. The MP is expensive, but I think it's worth it.

I think I'll try the MP next time when/if the rest of the resin ones I have wear out... THANKS!

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Ooooouuuuuuuucccccchhhhhh!!!! My head starting hurting after just seeing that photo. I am so sorry that happened to you. I was actually looking into buying a seamless bone comb, but now ... not so much. :ohwell:

FindingMe

OK, ya'll - apparently the company was waiting for a reply from the distributor, here's a reply on what to do to take care of the combs if you still have them and plan on using them. I mentioned to the online company that I bought them from that they didn't have care instructions on the packaging:yep:. Here's their reply:

Thank you for your patience. After waiting to be advised by the distributor; the following is the care instructions for the ghair Organic Resin Combs:

Rinse well with an oil based soap, ie: Murphy Oil Soap; and allow to air dry. This will help to protect the comb from becoming too brittle and to maintain its colouring. Never leave ghair Organic Resin Combs in the shower or soaking in water. Treat these combs with care and they will return the favour.

Additionally, it has been mentioned that these instructions will be on the new packaging. We hope that this will help you to enjoy your ghair Organic Resin Combs.

Regards,

Yea! Now at least I can try and avoid this with my other combs...:yep: Good luck to ya'll and HTH!

FindingMe

Ooooouuuuuuuucccccchhhhhh!!!! My head starting hurting after just seeing that photo. I am so sorry that happened to you. I was actually looking into buying a seamless bone comb, but now ... not so much. :ohwell:

I don't know if others are having this problem with the bone combs or not. People are suggesting Mason Pearson combs instead...I just have to use the ones I have until I can't use them no mo':lachen: My PJism has already gotten me into some issues this year...