PLEASE HELP! Do I need moisture or protein????

Kiadodie

Hey guys
. I noticed the past 2-3 weeks that my hair has been shedding and breaking a lot. Then I noticed tonight after my wet set that I had a lot of hairs that are considerably shorter than my regular hair just sticking up everywhere, which I guess means they have been broken off. Does that mean I need more protein or that I need more moisture for my hair?

By the way, I just colored my hair a week and 1/2 ago...do you think it's because of that?? There's really nothing else I've changed in my routine.

NAY007

maybe it has to do with coloring your hair. which color did you use?
and what are your regular products that you use? when you tell us it will be easier to find out what the cause could be.

nay

Kiadodie

I used this Loreal color in dark brown. Although I just put a lighter brown about 3 weeks before that and it was tooo light, so I had to put a darker brown in (they're are both permanent).

Anyway, my routine is:

Shampoo with: Lanza Protein Plus and/or Elasta Moisturizing

Protein: Emergencee, ORS Mayo, or Alphogee

Conditioner: Elucence Moisture

Brownie

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
kia said:
Hey guys
. I noticed the past 2-3 weeks that my hair has been shedding and breaking a lot. Then I noticed tonight after my wet set that I had a lot of hairs that are considerably shorter than my regular hair just sticking up everywhere, which I guess means they have been broken off. Does that mean I need more protein or that I need more moisture for my hair?

By the way, I just colored my hair a week and 1/2 ago...do you think it's because of that?? There's really nothing else I've changed in my routine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure! When's the last time you used protein. If you used it recently, then your probably need moisture. I know the ladies were saying on another post that your hair doesn't need protein that often. Maybe just every 2 weeks or once a month. Good luck, and go easy on your hair right now. If it's stressed then don't do any hairstyles that are going to cause it to break more.

Kiadodie

I wash my hair 2x a week and do a protein 1x a week. Is that too much????
I'm scared that it'll break off some more so I don't know what to do?

Lucia

Hi Kia,
I think that protein 1x week is too soon you should space those prtein treatments out to at least 6 once every weeks but you probably need moisture right now and lots of it, with the color treatments being so close together.
hth

beana3

kia, what type of protein are you using every week? Is it the ORS mayo, or the heavy duty ones? My hair was extremely damaged and i only did deep protein's every 4-5 weeks and ORS every week and i was fine (but then again everyone's hair is different)
I'm thinking the color may be causing some of the breakage.. Try doing 2 moisturizing treatments in a row and see how your hair feels, if it is no longer breaking then continue to do the moisturizing treatments 2 more times and use the ORS on the 5th wash.
HTH

Integrity

try hot oil treatments on damp hair, it worked well for my shedding and breakage!

AND STOP WORRYING OR THE PROBLEM WILL GET WORSE

Kiadodie

Thanks everyone for their suggestions.
I'm going to do a hot oil treatment the next time I wash. Then, I'll just keep conditioning and conditioning after every wash and I'll see how my hair holds up for the next 3 weeks. I'll just do the protein treatments every 6 weeks, no matter which protein treatment I use.

Brownie

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
kia said:
Thanks everyone for their suggestions.
I'm going to do a hot oil treatment the next time I wash. Then, I'll just keep conditioning and conditioning after every wash and I'll see how my hair holds up for the next 3 weeks. I'll just do the protein treatments every 6 weeks, no matter which protein treatment I use.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds good. By the way, I like Apoghee's (???????) 2 minute reconstructor. It makes your hair really strong, but right now your hair probably needs moisture. I don't know how you wear your hair every day, but condition washes are good for helping your hair to retain moisture. Good luck!!!!!