Please help, I got burned at the salon

princesmich

I went to the salon yesterday and she used motions like i've used in between my N'gone relaxer for the last 8 years, this time it burned like I don't know what, I even have an actual scap in my head, she only left it in for about 7 minutes and it had to be washed out right after she applied the relaxer to my entire head, it hurts so much. The terrible thing is that this burn is on my edges which was really thickening up. Perhaps it's because I haven't been manipulating my head like I usually did. Can u guys recommend mild relaxers taht don't burn as much.

BrooklynSouth

I am feeling your pain. Which relaxer burns less I definitely am not the one who knows! Yesterday I was wearing the hot scalp after switching to LYE. Advice was to re-neutralize several leave in minutes, neosporin and vitamin e. The ideas worked but my scalp is torn,crusted. Advice was no manipulation except to put the healers on it. {See FIRE ANTS post.}

Mystic

Oh..., I am sorry to hear what happened to you. I have been using Phyto for over a year now and yesterday I decided to try Elucence Lye Relaxer Mild. The hair dresser kept it in longer than I would have liked (35mins) - she was so slow in applying but, I didn't even get a tingle! Lye relaxers have always burned my sensitive scalp but I used Elucence conditioning protective barrier on my scalp prior to going to the hairdresser and maybe that is what helped. Elucence is a great relaxer, it is inexpensive and it didn't burn so maybe you might want to look into that one.

princesmich said:
I went to the salon yesterday and she used motions like i've used in between my N'gone relaxer for the last 8 years, this time it burned like I don't know what, I even have an actual scap in my head, she only left it in for about 7 minutes and it had to be washed out right after she applied the relaxer to my entire head, it hurts so much. The terrible thing is that this burn is on my edges which was really thickening up. Perhaps it's because I haven't been manipulating my head like I usually did. Can u guys recommend mild relaxers taht don't burn as much.

Last edited:

caribeandiva

Human being
aww.. this sucks. i have a sensitive scalp too. i always burned. the only one that didn't burn me was Bantu in super. then again i lubricated my scalp very well before applying it. maybe that was it.