Please Help! Twists are Open

I put twists in my hair with Kanekalon nappy hair. They turned out fine. I can't get the ends to stop. When I braided all the way to the end, that was great. they just kind of stop coming undone like natural nappy hair would. But I don't want it that long, so I cut. it. I also don't want them curled at the ends (I attempted to do that because I didn't know how else to stop them from coming undone- didn't really work).:cool:

Does anyone know what is the best method or any method that works for keeping them closed at the ends or just close to the ends. I want them to look natural and not burnthe ends. Right now I look like medusa because I twisted them together in big twists and them rolled on a permed rod and dipped in hot water. I don't like it. Any suggestions?.....

Please help! I'm off to do some searches. I have seen plenty of twists, but not many with added hair and not any on closing the ends. What's a girl to do?
TIA

I'll figure out something for now. I probably will take them all out. I still would like suggestions for the next time because I do like the twist style. I need to know for the future. Medusa will be gone this evening after dinner.

ayoung

ok--this happened to me b/f. I put in twists, they were too long and i cut them---wrong thing to do. The ends are just too blunt to do anything with. I ended up taking them out.

so, the next time---it cut the hair b/f i put it in. picture this:

take the hair out of the pack and hold it so it is equal hair on each side.
cut right in the middle--now you have 2 pieces
i take one of the pieces and prepare to add it into my hair--but i don't have it equal on each side--on side is a little longer than the other--the side that does not have the blunt end from cutting it earlier.
this way---as i come to the end of the twist---the end is 'frayed' and not blunt and will 'taper' to a nice natural end.

I hope i explained that clear for you

pics of my twists:
http://public.fotki.com/ayoung/first_cg_braids/

Last edited:
You figured it out. Thanks so much. Yours in your album look exactly how I want mine to look at the ends. I hooked mine in cornrows (that part worked out great) and then twisted. I don't have anymore of that kind of hair. But I have some of the thin twists that are already twisted. I may just hook those in until next time I do the twists.

Thank you, thank you, and thanks again:kiss: I could not think of how to do this for nothing. Now we got Medusa...

Healthb4Length

Whenever I do any braided or twisted styles I make sure that before I attach the braid hair that the ends are not blunt. When they are, as you know it will unravel. To make my ends uneven (braidhair) I just take the hair and pull it or stretch it from both ends, it works like a charm! I also braid my hair together and dip them in pipping hot water, that way I have curly ends that won't unravel.