Please Share Pics of Your Protective Styles Here

LaVgirl

These braids were done on very stretched hair and they are rope type braids (similar to a rope twist) to get maximum length. My own hair. It took 25 hours (not counting breaks!) over the course of a week or so. I plan to leave them in until October.

My favorite protective style, hands-down, is crochet braids installed via a unique technique my stylist developed to give it a more realistic look: https://theblossomingnaturalhairnewbie.wordpress.com/about/wp_002322-1/.

My hair REALLY grows with this protective style, and I receive many compliments on the style.

Here is a video of my stylist demonstrating her crochet installment technique, which she refers to as a "crawling" technique:

Blessings!

AtlantaJJ

That's so pretty!! I'm considering getting a kinky straight just specifically for braid-outs / twist outs. How does the style hold for you? I'm concerned that the hair won't hold the style because it's proessed straight.

GGsKin

That's so pretty!! I'm considering getting a kinky straight just specifically for braid-outs / twist outs. How does the style hold for you? I'm concerned that the hair won't hold the style because it's proessed straight.

Not sure this is for me but I didn't use anything to hold the style. I just washed it, applied a little oil and braided the hair while it was damp. I left the braids in overnight and took them out in the morning. It lasted a couple of days.

AtlantaJJ

Not sure this is for me but I didn't use anything to hold the style. I just washed it, applied a little oil and braided the hair while it was damp. I left the braids in overnight and took them out in the morning. It lasted a couple of days.
@AbsyBlvd That post was for you, I was on my iPad and for some reason my reply didn't quote your post. I think my next unit will be a kinky straight which I will wear in twistout/braidouts. I love the way your's turned out, it looks very natural. In fact, I think I will do that instead of getting curly units from now on. Curly units hate me. :lol:

Your protective style is so pretty! I'm inspired!

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
@futureapl

Lol Thanks.
I haven't recently. But I have on and off for the past 10+years with crest whitening strips. Usually for a week each quarter.

I also rinse my mouth out with peroxide daily.

5 or 6 years ago I asked my dentist if he could professionally whiten them and he laughed and said they where already at the brightest white on the chart.

Crest whitening strips are great.

Ivonnovi

I decided to do micro genie locs. I did these myself in September (labor day weekend), and I' am just now getting around to re-tightening them (and posting pictures).
I use the interloc method to re-tighten them.
I included pictures of the roots to show how the new-growth looks. I may keep these past February!!20151127_FrontKitchen.jpg 20151127_092352.jpg 2051127_Roots2months.jpg 2051127_Roots2months.jpg 20151127_092352.jpg 20151127_FrontKitchen.jpg growth looks.

Attachments

• 20151127_FrontMirror.jpg
    20151127_FrontMirror.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 20151127_104840_resized.jpg
    20151127_104840_resized.jpg
    1,020.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

coolsista-paris

i would love to have so many different hairstyles (very short without cutting my hair...so wig) and long sometimes..my husband HATES wigs. so that is something that is kinda stopping me...and I think it may work as a great protective style for my fine strands high density hair. its fustrating.... id like a wig that looks natural. really close to my 4 type hair :-/

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
i would love to have so many different hairstyles (very short without cutting my hair...so wig) and long sometimes..my husband HATES wigs. so that is something that is kinda stopping me...and I think it may work as a great protective style for my fine strands high density hair. its fustrating.... id like a wig that looks natural. really close to my 4 type hair :-/
Have you looked at the Tonie Daley wigs?