Please Share Pics of Your Protective Styles Here

W04andia

My Protective style: Straight crochet braids
Time taken: A long time! (Maybe 8 hours total, over two days)
Hair used: 2 packs Isis definition braid (in 1b and 2 for a natural look), which I then blow dried with a paddle brush.
Cut with scissors and layered and brought down the density with a razor comb
Hope these will last a month, i'm very impressed at how natural they look and how the hair moves. Also, I want to get a return for my time investment!
Photo on 29-06-2016 at 18.10 #2.jpg
Sleeping in a bun gives gorgeous waves the next day

eocceas

Hey guys, been a lil while but not much to report. Recently I've been experimenting with headwraps and I must say after watching some how to's on it, I've gone quite mad:drunk:.

Best protective style ever! Especially for the busy and/or hair lazy and no lie some of these took less than 3min. to do.:toocool:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 494
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    292.4 KB · Views: 487
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 489

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Hey guys, been a lil while but not much to report. Recently I've been experimenting with headwraps and I must say after watching some how to's on it, I've gone quite mad:drunk:.

Best protective style ever! Especially for the busy and/or hair lazy and no lie some of these took less than 3min. to do.:toocool:
That looks great. Now that I've removed my braids, I fall into the "hair lazy" bucket. I may have to invest in these.

eocceas

That looks great. Now that I've removed my braids, I fall into the "hair lazy" bucket. I may have to invest in these.
Yes totally should get u some and the right ones or neutals can go with pretty much any outfit plus u can dress it up or down. I also like that I can be dc'ing or GHE'ing under them and no one would be the wiser.:happydance:

eocceas

Hey lovelies, hope all is well. I am still keeping up with my wkly/mo. regimen. Thnk goodness and will be doing the 2nd round of the Inversion Method on Sun. I added some hair to my 2 strand twist this time bc I was in the mood for some serious hang time. I did the invisible twist method w/this style and it came out really good as if it grew from my scalp. Will try to keep it in for ab 2-3wks...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 449
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 451
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    238.7 KB · Views: 443
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 437

Ivonnovi

QUESTION: Can this braid pattern be worn as a protective style under a wig? (with a tweaking or two)

It looks like it would yield an interesting braid-out pattern also

nlamr2013

QUESTION: Can this braid pattern be worn as a protective style under a wig? (with a tweaking or two)

It looks like it would yield an interesting braid-out pattern also

how big is your head and how curly or not is the wig if you have a small to regular head and a curly wig you probably could get away with it but if you have a larger head and/or want a straight wig you may need to reconsider

Ivonnovi

how big is your head and how curly or not is the wig if you have a small to regular head and a curly wig you probably could get away with it but if you have a larger head and/or want a straight wig you may need to reconsider

LOL, thanks! I do have a bit head....bummer
TBH, I would like to maintain a stylish protective style should I venture out in a wig (i.e. one that does not have me ducking the mirror when I take the wig off)/ OR/ choose to hit the gym wigless.

Pygmy_puff

@Pygmy_puff, I love your crochet hair it really looks like your real hair!!!! What technique did you use to install? Thanks!
THANK YOU :blush: My installation was SUPER simple. I did about 10 cornrows going straight back. I used weave thread to sew the ends of the braids together neatly at my nape. I also used the thread to connect two braids near the top of my head to create a "part" because I'm a terrible braider and can't connect two cornrows to save my life. Then I just crocheted the braids in, leaving them intact and spacing them out ALOT (think 2-3 finger widths apart in the back,1-2 in the front. I didn't even crochet anything at all into the nape area.) Then I unraveled them! I like spacing them out because once they are all unraveled, it's like 3X the volume and I didn't want to walk around looking like a Muppet :cantlook:

ETA: I also trimmed the bottom layer to make it a bit shorter. The hair was 12" out the pack.