Please Share Pics of Your Protective Styles Here

IMFOCSD

You are workin that wig. It looks really nice on you. How often are you wearing buns?

Thank you Allandra :)

I only wear buns maybe a 5-7 days out of a month only because my hair is layered so its hard to keep all my ends moist...hope this makes since lol.

NaturalBeauty<3

That is cute. I love curly pony tails. Why don't you challenge yourself to try a new style?

Lol I don't have the will power.

I'm a recovering heat addict. :lol:
The more I play in my hair. . . the more I'll be tempted straighten it.

Its best I get it back out of the way as quickly as possible. :look::lol:

But over time, I'll definitely come back and test some things out!

Allandra

Lol I don't have the will power.

I'm a recovering heat addict. :lol:
The more I play in my hair. . . the more I'll be tempted straighten it.

Its best I get it back out of the way as quickly as possible. :look::lol:

But over time, I'll definitely come back and test some things out!
I hear ya girl. :giggle:

Just be sure to move the base of your bun / curly ponytail around so it doesn't cause too much stress in the same spot over and over.

winona

OOhh fun:)

Goddess Braid
Bun
Braids with a twist rolled into french twist

Attachments

• IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,608
  • IMG_0699.jpg
    IMG_0699.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 1,420
  • IMG_0536.jpg
    IMG_0536.jpg
    381.9 KB · Views: 1,473

Iluvsmuhgrass

K. I'll give in lol.

I'm wearing a phony pony puff in the pic but I also rock plaits/twists under wigs. :yep: I try not to handle my hair so much, especially since I have PCOS.

EDTA: I'm wearing Effy. She works higher up and lower on the head. :yep:

Attachments

• 0207121340.jpg
    0207121340.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,054
Last edited:

Allandra

K. I'll give in lol.

I'm wearing a phony pony puff in the pic but I also rock plaits/twists under wigs. :yep: I try not to handle my hair so much, especially since I have PCOS.

EDTA: I'm wearing Effy. She works higher up and lower on the head. :yep:
That's cute. Me likey.

Iluvsmuhgrass

winona Effy is a big one lol, but not as bad as the picture from the site. She's a bit older now but still wears well. I had to experiment with the placement to get her to a place where I feel comfortable. When I was relaxed I would wear the phonytail on the top of my head. Now that I'm natural I wear it alot lower. :yep: In the pic posted previously I had her on at the back of the head, a few inches above the nape.

Keep in mind that you could always trim her down. :yep: I'm actually on the hunt for different styles. It's a quick and convenient style when you're on the go. :yep: And there are several ways that she can be dressed up or down. (Think hair candy... bows, scarves, barrettes, flowers, etc. )

Here are a few more pics to gauge the size. I had her styled in the first two pics but it was a "windows down" kind of day lol.

Attachments

• effy2.jpg
    effy2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 962
  • effy1.jpg
    effy1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 901
  • puffaliscious2.jpg
    puffaliscious2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 937

tiajanae

Whatever can be done to keep the hair off my neck.. This style however is low maintenance for me :)

Attachments

• image-1927980622.jpg
    image-1927980622.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 1,171

alive

Here are pics of one of my favorite protective styles (two flat twists, pinned up on the sides).

After I wash, deep condition and moisturize my hair, I do this style in the shower (only takes a few minutes), and I'll put my scarf on at night. In the mornings, I'll mist it with plain ole water. This style can last me from five to seven days (yes, it'll still look nice and neat).

Please share pics of your protective styles here.

this is really cute Allandra! thanks for the idea :yep:

Iluvsmuhgrass

Allandra How do you keep your twist updo so neat? Once I sleep on mine it is OVA! I have to do it over again lol. The twists start to puff up in various places and it doesn't look right. *sigh* (Thanks for starting this thread. I look forward to seeing what the ladies have to add!)

ChristmasCarol

I like your flat-twist style, Allandra
I really need to practice flat-twisting. Mine don't look neat.

Here are just a few of the protective styles I wear regularly - mostly buns. My hair does fine with daily re-styling. The only time I wear a bun for two days is when my hair is in it's curly state. After two days, I co-wash and restyle. Most of these pics are with blowdried or flatironed hair because when my hair is curly I only wear a messy bun. I have pictures of another 30 or so in my profile albums.

Allandra

@Allandra How do you keep your twist updo so neat? Once I sleep on mine it is OVA! I have to do it over again lol. The twists start to puff up in various places and it doesn't look right. *sigh* (Thanks for starting this thread. I look forward to seeing what the ladies have to add!)
I just tie it down with my scarf once I get in from work. I get up early in the morning (Monday through Friday), and I refuse to wrestle with my hair that early in the morning. :lol:

Allandra

I like your flat-twist style, @Allandra
I really need to practice flat-twisting. Mine don't look neat.

Here are just a few of the protective styles I wear regularly - mostly buns. My hair does fine with daily re-styling. The only time I wear a bun for two days is when my hair is in it's curly state. After two days, I co-wash and restyle. Most of these pics are with blowdried or flatironed hair because when my hair is curly I only wear a messy bun. I have pictures of another 30 or so in my profile albums.
Thanks. Girl, I peep your album every time I see you've put something in it, and I've gotten a few ideas from viewing your pics. Thanks for sharing. :)

DesignerCurls

Nice idea @Allandra!
I just said to myself that I needed some new inspiration & motivation! I"ll be back to share as well.

eta pic (dec 2010-dec 2011) as you can see my protective style of choice are twist in different styles. First pic is a wig.

Attachments

• Dec'10 PS mommy wig.jpg
    Dec'10 PS mommy wig.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 978
  • IMAG0420.jpg
    IMAG0420.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 1,090
  • IMAG0994.jpg
    IMAG0994.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 1,069
  • Nov Twisty bun.jpg
    Nov Twisty bun.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 1,046
  • PS 2011.jpg
    PS 2011.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 897
Last edited:

natural2008

Allandra - I have been debating on if I want to wear my hair like urs and I think im going to do it this weekend. I haven't yet decided on if I want to flat twist or braid. the only problem I have, well this is a major problem. Mt hair isn't long like all of the pictures in this thread, lol. My hair is thick as heck but only comes to my collar bone now, lol.