Please Share Pics of Your Protective Styles Here

coolsista-paris

I never wear wigs but this year, the headband wig changed my mind. I've been on a personal challenge since end of January and have only been wearing this wig with braids underneath. I see retention, and my edges are left alone. All good
Even my husband finally accepted the wig !(he normally hates wigs) :) Because it looks like my own hair in texture .....

Attachments

• 2021-04-29_23.31.27.jpg
    2021-04-29_23.31.27.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

kokodiva524

Serial Lurker
I never wear wigs but this year, the headband wig changed my mind. I've been on a personal challenge since end of January and have only been wearing this wig with braids underneath. I see retention, and my edges are left alone. All good
Even my husband finally accepted the wig !(he normally hates wigs) :) Because it looks like my own hair in texture .....

Headband wigs have been a game changer for me! I have 3 and about 2 dozen headbands/headwraps. My hair hasn't seen outside air since February 2020.

coolsista-paris

Headband wigs have been a game changer for me! I have 3 and about 2 dozen headbands/headwraps. My hair hasn't seen outside air since February 2020.
Headbands are great!! Wow you managed to hide your hair for that long with these wigs. I am bored of mine (since January). I might need to buy another one to have a change (curly kinky). I just bought some hair for kinky twists and hope I will make them right. Planned to do them myself next week and hope it will take less than 3 hours.

kokodiva524

Serial Lurker
Headbands are great!! Wow you managed to hide your hair for that long with these wigs. I am bored of mine (since January). I might need to buy another one to have a change (curly kinky). I just bought some hair for kinky twists and hope I will make them right. Planned to do them myself next week and hope it will take less than 3 hours.
I have been WFH. I only wear them on calls when I need to have the video on and some personal Zooms. Otherwise, I wear one of my turbans or headwraps. I rotate between the 3. One is curly, wavy and straight. They each replicate my own hair. For variety I change the style. I may do a pineapple, bun, high/low etc. I always get complements. Got folx out here really thinking I'm putting in effort doing hair. In reality, it only takes me 5-15 minutes depending on my mood. :bouncy:

coolsista-paris

I have been WFH. I only wear them on calls when I need to have the video on and some personal Zooms. Otherwise, I wear one of my turbans or headwraps. I rotate between the 3. One is curly, wavy and straight. They each replicate my own hair. For variety I change the style. I may do a pineapple, bun, high/low etc. I always get complements. Got folx out here really thinking I'm putting in effort doing hair. In reality, it only takes me 5-15 minutes depending on my mood. :bouncy:
lol I wish I knew how to do more styles with the wirg. I always feel like people will see wig cap and the rows of hair in the wig. So I only bun low or do a medium ponytail.

coolsista-paris

All right. So I did my new protective style today with marley hair. Took me about 2 hours and a half to do. I'm satisfied. Saved money by doing it alone + being gentle to my hair. I hope to keep this style for at least 1 month and a half.

Attachments

• 2021-05-04_21.58.15.jpg
    2021-05-04_21.58.15.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

HairietteTheSpy

Let's grow some hair
It's too hot where I live to ever wear your hair down in the summer. I try to make a twisty bun and then fluff it up a little.
I also use those extra thick no metal elastics from the dollar store.
Edit: it won't seem to let me attach pictures.