PLEASE SUGGEST SOME LIGHT MOISTURIZERS

Mandy4610

I am trying to find a staple moisturizer and I don't think I am doing good at it. I am currently using Mizani Rose H2O and Elasta QP mango butter. My hair seems to go flat after I moisturize. I want it to have bounce.
1. Can you ladies please give me some suggestions of some light moisturizers?
2. If anyone has pics showing how much moisturizer they put in their hair, please post them? TIA

HoneyDew

Yeah, those are both too weighty for me.

I like Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream when I need light moisture.

I section my hair off in about 6 sections and use about this much on each section before sealing each with oil.

Attachments

• moisturizer.jpg
    moisturizer.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 31

ItsyBitsy

I really like Qhemet Biologics Burdock Butter Creme. In the past i've used NTM silk touch leave in with good results. Now that it's colder my hair needs a little more moisture so I'm sticking with the Burdock Creme.
For more recommendations check out the other moisturizer thread. It has tons of reviews. HTH

neonbright

NTM silk touch leave in as a leave in and also as a daily moisturizer. Elasta QP Intense Conditioner as a conditoner and a little as a leave in.

lunabelle

A great light weight moisturizer is Phyto 7 or Phyto 9 by the Phytospecifics line. I get mine from Sephora. It's a little pricey, but so worth it. By hair still has all the bounce but is still very moisturized.

Mandy4610

Yeah, those are both too weighty for me.

I like Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream when I need light moisture.

I section my hair off in about 6 sections and use about this much on each section before sealing each with oil.
Thanks for the picture HoneyDew, and thanks for responding, I will look up Qhemet (How do you pronounce it?).

Mandy4610

Thanks you all for these suggestions. Please keep them coming, I have a hard time finding products around here (and I am broke:nono::lachen:) so I need as much choice as I can get.:grin:

momi

Jane Carter has a nice cream:

Shaniquah

Not sure if you were looking for a cream or spray, but this detangling moisturizer is excellent. I use it on my wet sets and on my daughter's hair, moisturizes very well.

Alpha Female

Dove moisturizing spray - I love that stuff! Light, and instantly detangles, which I need because contrary to many on this site, I can not go (and don't wanna go!) days without combing my hair. So I use Dove every morning when I comb & style my hair for work, and every evening when I comb & prep my hair for bed. I ran all over town to Wal-Mart, Wal-Greens, CVS, etc. trying to find the old formula with the silk amino acids. Found 3 bottle and bought them all, but now am down to the last one! Must go shopping - Must go shopping!

Mandy4610

tarheelgurl

I am trying to find a staple moisturizer and I don't think I am doing good at it. I am currently using Mizani Rose H2O and Elasta QP mango butter. My hair seems to go flat after I moisturize. I want it to have bounce.
1. Can you ladies please give me some suggestions of some light moisturizers?
2. If anyone has pics showing how much moisturizer they put in their hair, please post them? TIA

I just went back to using rose H2O since I started transitioning but I mix it with nexxus humectress. This mix is way lighter than the rose H2O by itself and my hair feels nice after this. I only have to use it every other day.

ACEA

My hair is poreous and moisture is absorbed quite easily. If I use anything heavy in moisture, my hair looks like it's soaking wet. I have recently starting using two moisturizers: SoftSheen Carson Optimum Oil Therapy Shine Booster (contains coconut, olive, avocado, & jojoba oils) and Motions Weightless Clear Hairdressing, which is oil free and doesn't buildup. I actually bought a sample of the motions from walmart for $1.00. I think they're both worth trying.

HoneyDew

I've been pronouncing it as "Kim-met". I feel like a dork now lol:blush:

Girl, that's what I meant. I misspelled it. :spinning: That's what I get for being on here at work. LOL

I will go fix that before we are all out here saying her name wrong!