Poetic Justice Braids - Janet Jackson Vs Beyonce! Who Wears It Best?

Mane Event

Yep!!! Janet allllll they way!

I love me some bey, but I'm not a fan of blonde butt length braids

I LOVED when Janet did the headband thingy too!

PJaye

Really? I vote for Beyonce!

Beyonce's braids are too small, too long and unkempt. OTOH, Janet's are larger and shorter with sealed, uniform ends. I don't consider Beyonce's braids to be fashioned in the Poetic Justice style given their size and length; but rather like Keisha from up the block. Besides, the black roots-blonde braids thing just looks nasty to me.

CurliDiva

I actually associate the thigh-level box braids with Solange more than Bey. JJ's braids seems thicker and not as long.

Attachments

• Solange 1.jpg
    Solange 1.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 149
  • Solange 2.jpg
    Solange 2.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 147
  • Solange 3.jpg
    Solange 3.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 156

PureSilver

Even Solange wears those braids better than Bey and why did the video title say "how to do Beyonce's Poetic Justice braids. Wasn't Janet the one who rocked them first?

Femmefatal1981

Beyonce's braids are too small, too long and unkempt. OTOH, Janet's are larger and shorter with sealed, uniform ends. I don't consider Beyonce's braids to be fashioned in the Poetic Justice style given their size and length; but rather like Keisha from up the block. Besides, the black roots-blonde braids thing just looks nasty to me.

The finished end look is very 90's and dated.

AyannaDivine

They're called Poetic Justice braids for a reason...not Sasha Fierce braids, or Beyonce braids :lachen:

Janet for the win!

ctosha

Even Solange wears those braids better than Bey and why did the video title say "how to do Beyonce's Poetic Justice braids. Wasn't Janet the one who rocked them first?

This exactly! Shouldn't it be "beyonce rocks Janet Jackson poetic justice braids "or something of that nature.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Janet did that.

Let Beyonce have that blonde weave as her namesake. Why do we have to attribute that hairstyle to her when

1. She did not wear it first.

2. She is not wearing the same style and

3. The style is not named after any movie she has been in.

"Render unto Caesarina the things that are Caesarina's."

- D.H. Lawrence

Theresamonet

Beyoncé's braids remind me more of Joi from Friday, than Janet from Poetic Justice.

mz.rae

Janet of course! I don't get how these braids are associated with Beyonce nor do I get why they are comparing someone who wore the style 20 years ago to someone who is wearing the style now.