Do you have baby hairs?

• Yes

Votes: 81 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 49 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

claud-uk

The recent comments in the poll "Does everyone have a curl pattern" and in the "Does your pubic hair look like your natural hair?" thread got me seriously thinking about whether no two heads really aren't the same, or whether there are some fundamental basics that we all share.

So, does everyone else have babyhairs?

ETA: I answered yes. Baby hairs are those fine 1a - 3a hairs around the hairline.

Last edited:

Lilmama1011

They aren't long, and its on the side my hair, not very noticeable. If you asked me like 6 months ago I would of said no, but I notice it one time when I had my hair pulled back and it seems to be the most tidiest part of hair and well behaved

Lilmama1011

Lilmama1011 said:
They aren't long, and its on the side my hair, not very noticeable. If you asked me like 6 months ago I would of said no, but I notice it one time when I had my hair pulled back and it seems to be the most tidiest part of hair and well behaved

I have very little of it

Leesh

I believe everyone does, its a matter of how noticable they are on some...

Could be wrong now...Dont quote me on it.

Last edited:

Lilmama1011

wish4length said:
what are babyhairs?????

Short pieces of hair that separates from the rest of the hairs, usually when you do a ponytail you can see it. Back in the day they use to jam/gel baby hairs take their edges and pull it forward

cocosweet

what are babyhairs?????
Exhibit A:
Chili

Look at her hairline.

To answer the OP, I absolutely do not have them.

claud-uk

Thanks cocosweet, that's a great example of baby hairs!

Leesh... maybe not, you know. Come to think, my lil sister doesn't. She has a different father from me and my older sister.

Leesh

claud-uk said:
Thanks cocosweet, that's a great example of baby hairs!

Leesh... maybe not, you know. Come to think, my lil sister doesn't. She has a different father from me and my older sister.

Could be Dear, could be...

The question should be, should folks still be slickin em' down... Hmmm :lol:

CurlsBazillion

Everyone has edges aka baby hairs. The shorter hairs around your hair line that can either be like Chilli's or bead up into tiny curls. Not everyone's baby hairs are the same but we all have it, with the exception of Naomi Campbell and anyone else without a hair line for whatever various reasons. If some didn't have "baby hairs" their hairline would resemble a $10 lace front.

Leesh

CurlsBazillion said:
Everyone has edges aka baby hairs. The shorter hairs around your hair line that can either be like Chilli's or bead up into tiny curls. Not everyone's baby hairs are the same but we all have it, with the exception of Naomi Campbell and anyone else without a hair line for whatever various reasons. If some didn't have "baby hairs" their hairline would resemble a $10 lace front.

Yup...I thought so too.

But I must say, If you look super close, Naomi still has her baby's poppin... :lol:

Its odd cuz, right after the baby hair, then it fades out, then returns...

yorkpatties

They make em with baby hairs now too btw :lol:

Philippians413

I do, but not everyone has them. My (ex) best friend doesnt have any. The hair around her hair line isnt short at all. I remember playing in her hair in high school and trying to brush down baby hairs only to find that there weren't any lol. I don't know of anyone else who doesn't have any though.

Lilmama1011

Philippians413 said:
I do, but not everyone has them. My (ex) best friend doesnt have any. The hair around her hair line isnt short at all. I remember playing in her hair in high school and trying to brush down baby hairs only to find that there weren't any lol. I don't know of anyone else who doesn't have any though.

I have seen people without too

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I don't think so. I don't have baby hairs. Haven't had them since I was in elementary school. I do have short fine hairs at my hairline, but they are a result of breakage from bad hair practices.

My thoughts on baby hair on adults is that if you have to do something extra to show them, you probably don't actually have them.

faithVA

I would say no I don't have baby hairs. And if I ever had them they didn't last past the baby stage.

JazzyOleBabe

faithVA

Girl I was thinking the same thing. How long has it been since you were a baby. Come on now, all that "BABY HAIR" has been gone. If not, we all would be looking like Sasquatch or Cousin It. This fine hair around the hair line and on your forehead is just that - fine hair around the hair line and forehead. Now slap some hair gel on that and make designs - curly ques, slick straight, pull some from the front and slick that down. Come on now - really. Very few things get on my nerves but this is one.

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
Yes, I do, soft type 1A around the entire perimeter of my head, I also have a crazy widow's peak that make me look like I'm wearing an evil helmet when I wear my hair slicked down and pulled back -_-

MsDes

Yes I have baby hairs and have the hardest time trying to slick em down at times. But I don't think everybody has em.

LongLeggedLife

I have always said I have zero baby hair. The hair around my hairline is as long as any other part.
I am guilty of trying to turn some broken off edges into 'baby hair' in my relaxed/T-Boz days:(

knt1229

I answered no because of the definition of baby hairs given in the OP. I have short hair around my hairline that has always been there. I can lay it down and make it look like the "baby hair" everyone talks about but it's not 1a-3a. Plus, I never lay it down. I blend it in with the rest of my hair. Come to think of it it's really not all that short so it easily blends with the rest of my hair.

So, naw, I don't have baby hair.

Last edited: