Poll: Shampoo

free2bme

I have been faithfully using Elucence Moisturising shampoo since August and it's almost finished. My dilema is that i don't know if I should re-order. I really liked the shampoo but I'm itching to try something else. So to all Elucence users can u complete this sentence for me:

If u like Elucence you'll love.....

BRIESMOM

I just started using the elucence line ( relaxer, moisture balance and extended moisture repair) and I am a believer Girl you couldn't pay me to switch now. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

vevster

Well, the l'anza shampoo and aveda shampure are well regarded on this board.. if you want to try something new...

sweetcocoa

Sorry, I tried that route already....I ran out completely before I reordered...looking for something else...but I missed the Elucence(I had withdrawal symptoms until it arrived... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif ) The only other shampoo that even came close for me was Aveda Sapp Moss(expensive!). I used to alternate this with Elucence. I may do this again... but my first love is Elucence(I've got my son who hooked on this also).

free2bme

Hi Blkmane,

The thing with Elucence is that it's very addictve. My first impression was that it's a nice product, why all the hype??? The product really grows on you.

1. It smells great
2. It very moisturising but it doesn't leave build up (this is where it beats Creme of Nature IMHO)
3. It's very gentle esp for you gals that colour (non stripping)
4. It very concentrated. I wash my hair 2 times a week and I have been using the same 8 oz bottle since the end of August

sweetcocoa

Free2beme...the same thing happened to me. I loved the conditioner...but I was like the shampoo is okay, but not all that....I even let my son use it and I normally don't let him use up my 'good' stuff. When I ran out I didn't re-order right away and started usuing my regular shampoos. I missed it almost right away(so did my son). My last order was the 33 oz size. Plus you can dillute it so a little goes a long way. It just kinda snuck up me... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Honi

There is no board.
Ok...the Elucence Moisturizing Shampoo didn't really detangle that much for me. But the SMELL!!!! Mmmmm. I love that peachy smell. I will never switch from the conditioner though.

What about Kera Care's detangling shampoo?

Blkmane the conditioner is just....different from any other that I've used. Your strands just seems to fall apart from each other and it leaves your hair very soft and moisturized. I was skeptical at first so I just bought the smaller bottles. After trying it i bought the bigger bottle of the conditioner.

Cleo

Honi have you tried the KeraCare humecto? If so how does Elucence compare to it?

As regards the KeraCare shampoo ... I absolutely LOVE it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Nothing else makes my hair detangle and feel as silky as it does. Not even conditioners ...at least none that I've tried. I've been using it for 6 years.

I'm thinking the Elucence did the 'sneaking up' on me thing too. I didn't like the shampoo and conditioner that much at first, wondering why the fuss on the board about them.

But I've been doing alot of COwashes with the conditioner and LOVE it. It separates immediately on rinsing. I used the shampoo too today (not used it for MONTHS) and it lathered up sooo much. Nice and concentrated.

I'm now glad I got the big bottles /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LondonDiva

Free2beme

I've never used the Elucence Shampoo (I have the conditioner which I like a lot, not in love with it yet totally)

A shampoo that i use which beats Creme of Nature hands down which is also a popular fave on here is Breakthru shampoo by soft sheen (orange bottle) Beana recommended it and it's wonderful for my hair, no sulfates and very moisturising.

Lindy

I just broke down and ordered the Elucence Shampoo and Conditioner based on all the positive reviews on this board.

I think I could open my own beauty supply store with all my hair products!!! SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paris Belle

I've never used Elucence, but I really like Aphogee's shampooo for damaged hair. It's very moisturizing. Doesn't smell like a bundle of roses though, but it really works for my hair.

Allandra

I purchased a bottle of L'anza Protein Plus shampoo. After the raves from Tracy, Brown Relaxed Hair and Vevster, I e-mailed L'anza for some samples. I was very impressed with this shampoo.