Poor PJ...

CheerBear

I found myself in Rite Aid yesterday and I picked up various Nexxus Products, I was all excited about buying them and my friend I was with said "PUT IT DOWN!!!!..YOU DONT NEED TO BUY ANYTHING ELSE THAT WILL GIVE YOU A REASON TO PLAY IN YOUR HAIR. YOU'RE ALREADY IN THE POOL EVERYDAY, DO YOU WANT TO GO BALD???" So I felt really bad, but I was more upset that I couldnt buy those new items. Im thinking that my spending on hair products is getting out of control..This morning I was looking for a comb in my drawers of products and I really do own way to much stuff..Help meeeeeeeee..I feel like an addict

inthepink

Sounds like you need to put yourself on your own challenge. Try to only buy stuff that you need. If your current products are working, why try something new that may not work? Sure, there are chances that it could work better but in my experience, that's rare! Good luck...I think a lot of us struggle with this!

cutebajangirl

I don't see what the pool has to do with the products, if anything because you are swimming everyday you need to get the appropriate products (like oh say NExxus Aloe Rid) to get rid of the chlorine daily. Seriouly if the stuff you have gets rid of the chlorine and your hair is detangled then don't buy anything else. If however you are not happy with the products you have now based on performance then don't keep using them to save a few bucks because your hair will suffer.
PS. Can you tell I am a PJ too?

LABETT

CHEERBEAR are you out of control SO am I still buy products I dont need especially if they are on Sale.

Angelicus

Cheerbear, I know that everybody has been positive but I have read about the list of products that you have in your dorm room. YOU NEED TO SELL ALL THAT STUFF AFTER YOU FIND OUT WHAT WORKS FOR YOU. there are no miracle products (only techniques
) and I truly believe that your hair will improve if you stick to a couple of things and be consistent. We both are college students so I understand your struggle. But I don't want you to be broke and blame this board for your poverty
just my 2 quarters. I am about to PM you and find out some things

---
PS: this is coming from somebody who bought 37 dollars worth of hair products and accessories today because her relationship is failing hahahahaaa

cutebajangirl

Well I got curtailed today, I was trying to buy some major stuff (relaxer and protein treatment) but I had to use the bathroom so badly that I had to leave it all and go home. So no purchases for me except the Jamacan Castor Oil.

Ayeshia

braids are saving me a lot of money...thats all i have to say. Oh, how much were those Nexxus products at rite aid? The reason why i ask is because they charge over a dollar and change for the V05 and suave conditioners. I wonder do they over charge for that too?

PrettyBrownEyes

well, when I start feeling bad about my PJ problem, I just call it a hobby. I really need to cut back though. I have put myself on a challenge to not purchase anymore shampoos or setting lotions until I finish the ones I have. I have several and they work fine. I

CheerBear

The nexxus keraphix was about 7 dollars...and yes, im gonna give up purchasing stuff, i own enough already. the things i use all work wonderful though so no need to buy others. anky..how can i sell my products??? they've all been partially used!!!!!

CheerBear

Oh yea...in general the products were about $1 more than the target prices, i do recall the big bottle of humectress being 12 or 13 dollars..

aqualung

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
there are no miracle products (only techniques
)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true!

I bought MANY products between my initial relaxer in April 2003 and December 2003. Now I have this whole little city of hair products, but I only use 4 favorites weekly (shampoo, conditioner, detangler, vaseline).

Since my biggest personal hair challenge is tangling of the already relaxed hair, the "miracle technique" for me has been washing and conditioning with my hair in 2 braids.