Popular products no one talks about anymore

Platinum

MTG. I heard about it during my early days on the board. In my quest for long hair, I ran out and bought some. I'm not sure if it worked, I didn't use it long enough.

MN (Monistat) for hair growth. I had a great mix that worked. I don't know why I stopped using it.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Crown pomade (old school and helped with growth in HS)
Mane and Tail (just went back to the shampoo, love it!)
Dark & Lovely leave-in conditioner
L.A. gel
Indian hemp
Castor oil
Fenugreek
Onion juice
Motions CPR
DAX lanolin
Apex press and curl
Liv conditioner/hairdress
Profectiv (yellow and green)
Lustrasilk conditioner
As I Am cowash
Annabelle’s Perfect Blends (I still use)
Wen pomegranate
Mizani
Wave Nouveau products (the leave-in was everything to me!)
Dr.Miracles everything

beloved1bx

Not a hair product - MSM

I started taking a MSM/Glucosamine supplement in June to see if it would help with knee pain.

Lately my edges have been more unruly than usual. I realize I have a lot of short/baby hairs and I think my edges are filling in a bit (previously sparse thanks to hormone issues). I'm thinking it's the MSM, so I just ordered a bag of the powder/crystals to kick things up a notch. We'll see.

sunnieb

Great thread! Y'all really took me down memory lane to when I first searched the internet for black haircare over 15 years ago. I was on my 30s! :eek:

I still miss:

Rusk Sensory Smoother (haven't found a replacement)
Neutrogena Triple Moisture (still mad they stopped making this)
WEN (was great for my hair, but too many women complained about hair loss. I didn't want to press my luck)

I still use, but don't hear about:

Nexxus
ORS Carrot Oil
ORS Relaxer

Dposh167

Curl Junkie: (I used to go hard for this line. I know it still exists)

Herbal Essences (the new ones aren't terrible...but I do miss the old ones like "Totally Twisted, "Body Envy". Hello Hydration I think still exists but they only sell it in certain retail markets)

Solia Flat Iron: I still have mine from 2008 lol. It's still going and I REFUSE to give it up

Karen's Body Beautiful: Idk what happened to this line? It was one of the 1st natural hair lines Target took and then it was GONE! They still sell on their website but they look a little janky

VinDieselsWifey

Mud washing (Terressentials, DIY)
Nexxus Emergencee, Keraphix, Humectress

I’m trying to use up a lot of products in my stash but I’m going to try to start using rhassoul clay weekly/bi-weekly. I was reading over the old thread “Mud hair wash=no DC” and forgot how people were saying they didn’t need to use conditioners anymore with mud washing.

BeautifulRoots

Curl Junkie: (I used to go hard for this line. I know it still exists)

Herbal Essences (the new ones aren't terrible...but I do miss the old ones like "Totally Twisted, "Body Envy". Hello Hydration I think still exists but they only sell it in certain retail markets)

Solia Flat Iron: I still have mine from 2008 lol. It's still going and I REFUSE to give it up

Karen's Body Beautiful: Idk what happened to this line? It was one of the 1st natural hair lines Target took and then it was GONE! They still sell on their website but they look a little janky
The older herbal essences around 2007-2012 were magical. I tried hello hydration in recent years and the formula changed. Not as good as it used to be, at least for my hair.