Post pics of your Braid Out, Twist Out, Bantu Knot Out, etc.

LdyKamz

I like to look at styles and figure out how I would achieve the same style. Today I looked at 3 different pics (all looked different) but I thought I could get the same results just doing a twist out.

Now I'm confused. I know twist out is the s curl and braid out is the zig zag but a twist and bantu knot out looks almost exactly like a twist out to me. Twist and curl can also come out looking like I set on perm rods.

So can you guys post pics or links to videos of some styles so I can compare.

P.S. I know some styles yield different results for different hair types/textures.

Lilmama1011

I just experimented with a Bantu knot out and two strand bantu knot and they were different. The twisted one gave me like a sharp edge like a z curl and the regular bantu gave me and s shape

Lilmama1011

Regular Bantu knot out. I only did that because it was wash day, I'm afraid to try new things because i know im not doing it over. But it doesn't look good because i prepoo with Shea moisture deep mask and i over coated my hair so i had a lot of product purposely on there

ForumRunner_20130825_000442.jpg

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I think the results depend on how the style was set. For example, setting on wet hair versus dry hair. Or doing 2 braids/Bantu knots versus 8.

I normally only do braidouts/Bantu knots on old rollerset hair, so it's easier for me to predict the outcome. For me: I find Bantu knots are best done a few days after a rollerset and braidouts a few days after that. Depending on how tight/loose I want the waves determines how many I set my hair with. Attaching a picture of a braidout showing 4 different sets.

Last edited:

Mahsiah

A combed out braidout that was done on wet hair.

Sorry for the markings but I posted this on another site and blocked out my face, didn't save the original.

Duchess007

Here's my twist out from Friday. The first pic is the twists that produced the twist out, then my twist out during the day, then after work (before I went out). The last pic is my hair after going out on Friday. :blush:

image-2414755087.jpg

image-1768302875.jpg

image-2108705165.jpg

image-1880478025.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Mande30

1 and 2 and avatar- braidout

3- twist out

Attachments

• IMG_0568.JPG
    IMG_0568.JPG
    352.4 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_0617.JPG
    IMG_0617.JPG
    421.2 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    377.3 KB · Views: 296

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Man y'all hair is looking so nice. Can y'all state what products you used and what you did to achieve these looks? Gr8 thread OP. The one I started like this just got ignored lol.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

KhandiB

tapioca_pudding - Hi! For my braid out, I use water, V05 conditioner or creme moisturizer and coconut oil, usually braid in about 3 to 4 braids and roll with a perm rod at the ends. Im going to try doing a lot of braids for a tighter outcome.

FARS, lol, I just wash, DC, Protien and I airdry then use my bumpers and curl, I dont have the time or patience to do a traditional Rollerset, plus I suck at them, something serious, lol

I finish both with Oil Sheen :)

ilong

God's Own
KhandiB - so your FAR just made a big A lie out of "Ain't Nothin' Like the Real Thing" :lachen:!!! And your French BRaid - WOW!!!
Both are beauties and drool worthy!:lick:
Thank you for sharing.

MizzBFly

My bantu knots use to be fierce and fluffy but the longer my hair gets the harder it is to maintain the same fullness with the same small knots
*that ish was tight and I don't try to be at ALL:nono:*

Now with the humidity in Texas it's only productive to do it in the winter w/o it falling AND the the picture below will illustrate the texlax and the straight relaxer debate. I used giovanni and a lil eco styler, I usually use Elasta mango butter. one side is more formed than the other and I think that is due to it being done on hair that was more damp so it set better, but I'm done with Bantu for a while.

:ohwell: TMI ladies, sorry I had to let out my fustrations with this set.

Attachments

• bantu knots 8.26.jpg
    bantu knots 8.26.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 242
Last edited: