Post up your Twisted Hairstyles!

greight

Here's one. I have a few more that I'll post when I can get the time.

I'm retwisting my hair and jacking this style.

greight

Here's one I may visit soon. I forgot all about it until I began searching...

Question! You have got me HYPED over this look! I'm trying my best to stay in twists only since loose hair means split ends for me, but for this style:
a) Is the other side in the same design as this side?
b) Do your flat twists meet up and then tucked over/under to keep the ends within the style?

I've done something similar with a flat twist going from the middle of my head both ways (side part) and then pinned down the twists into a nice design.

I should have kept track of my hair styles, but they were such a hot mess last year, lol :lachen:

I'm trying to keep styling to a minimum so I'm looking forward to swagger jacking hair styles that use twists only (especially if it's fine hair since mine lacks the thickness to pull off some of these looks!)

Miss AJ

I don't have any styles to post but tomorrow morning I'm just gonna bobby pin and pray for a miracle LOL.

curlyninjagirl

I'm pretty sure it has. I've been rocking twists for 6 months and I've retained a little over 3 inches of growth. My hair stays virtually tangle free because my hair is always in twists. I can even finger comb and release shed hairs easily on dry hair. So it's being manipulated a lot less which keeps breakage at bay.

I wore my hair out for Afro Day on the fourth for the first time and months and I could tell there was a huge difference!! Knot and tangle city. (But not as much as before I was rockin' these twists so hard!)

Now my twists are long enough to put in a bun. It's my absolute favorite PS.

hopeful

Thanks for the inspiration ladies. I love twists but I'm style-challenged so you guys have given me some great ideas! I'm excited about trying these new styles.

Melaninme

I've responded in red below.

Question! You have got me HYPED over this look! I'm trying my best to stay in twists only since loose hair means split ends for me, but for this style:
a) Is the other side in the same design as this side? Yes.
b) Do your flat twists meet up and then tucked over/under to keep the ends within the style? Yes, this is my ultimate protective style. I plan to rock this next weekend. Can only wear this while my hair is its current length (I hope).

I've done something similar with a flat twist going from the middle of my head both ways (side part) and then pinned down the twists into a nice design.

I should have kept track of my hair styles, but they were such a hot mess last year, lol :lachen:

I'm trying to keep styling to a minimum so I'm looking forward to swagger jacking hair styles that use twists only (especially if it's fine hair since mine lacks the thickness to pull off some of these looks!)

Melaninme

One more. I hope to rock these within the next month or two. The rest of my twisted styles will be in my fotki album when I get the time to update.

I'm pretty sure it has. I've been rocking twists for 6 months and I've retained a little over 3 inches of growth. My hair stays virtually tangle free because my hair is always in twists. I can even finger comb and release shed hairs easily on dry hair. So it's being manipulated a lot less which keeps breakage at bay.

I wore my hair out for Afro Day on the fourth for the first time and months and I could tell there was a huge difference!! Knot and tangle city. (But not as much as before I was rockin' these twists so hard!)

Now my twists are long enough to put in a bun. It's my absolute favorite PS.

Curlyninjagirl,
Love the pics that you posted and I completely agree with you about the twists helping to retain length and easy removal of shed hair! :yep: Twists are definitely my absolute favorite PS as well! Especially the individual two strand twists! I've been able to retain about 5in. of new growth over the last 10mths with two strand twists. :grin:

Guess I'll post some pics to this thread too!

Sianna

I only recently started trying to two strand flat twist my hair. Heres's my modest contribution.

Two strand flat twists in the front, and shrunken curls in the back. And yes, we all know I have no eyebrows. :rolleyes: :lachen:

You ladies really inspired me to learn to twist my hair! I'm working on it! :yep:

Imani

Bantu knot out done on twists:
[/QUOTE]

I really like this, unfortunately I do no have enough hair to do any of these styles (I'm currently in kinky twists extensions). one day!

winona

I twisted the back and set them on rods so they would be above my collar (in the Army):grin: After taking these pics I rub my scalp alittle so you couldnt see my fresh parts :)

Attachments

• IMG_3828.jpg
    IMG_3828.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_3829.jpg
    IMG_3829.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
Mini twists simply thrown over to the other side. I tend to treat my twisted hair a lot like straightened hair.

Last edited: