Post up your Twisted Hairstyles!

MsLizziA

Whether your natural, texlaxed, or relaxed, post up your twisted hairstyles just for fun!:drunk::drunk:

Nonie

How did you get your hair to do that in the top right picture?

Top right? Are you talking about the pics I posted in this thread (not the link)? It's just one and the same hairstyle seen from different angles so if you mean that do, not sure why you singled out the top right? (Forgive me for being slow)

Are you asking how I did the whole do?

MsLizziA

Top right? Are you talking about the pics I posted in this thread (not the link)? It's just one and the same hairstyle seen from different angles so if you mean that do, not sure why you singled out the top right? (Forgive me for being slow)

Are you asking how I did the whole do?
Well that particular angle caught my attention because i can see your hair is rolled up some kind of way. And yes i am talking about the pics in this thread.

Nonie

Well that particular angle caught my attention because i can see your hair is rolled up some kind of way. And yes i am talking about the pics in this thread.

Gotcha! I just separated the twists in an angle to create the angular "part" you see in bottom right, then started to twist them the way you'd do a flat twist. When I got to the back, I used a claw clip to hold the hair in place while I twisted the other side. Then I combined both ends and twisted then tucked them somehow then used bobby pins to hold it in place. The finish wasn't that tidy but it worked.

Another way to think of it is I twisted the way one twists hair when making a French roll...only I did it horizontally instead of vertically.

HTH

MsLizziA

Gotcha! I just separated the twists in an angle to create the angular "part" you see in bottom right, then started to twist them the way you'd do a flat twist. When I got to the back, I used a claw clip to hold the hair in place while I twisted the other side. Then I combined both ends and twisted then tucked them somehow then used bobby pins to hold it in place. The finish wasn't that tidy but it worked.

Another way to think of it is I twisted the way one twists hair when making a French roll...only I did it horizontally instead of vertically.

HTH
Oh ok. Thanks! I might try this

miss Congeniality

Thanks for this thread. I have been trying to figure out what to do with my twist when they start to get fuzzy. These updos looks really good.

Ms Lala

These are a couple of old favorites. I've been too lazy lately to do more styles w/my twists. The flat twists are the front to the bun w/the flower in it. The other style is med.sized twist pinned up into an updo w/cowrie shells.

Attachments

• twistbunfront.jpg
    twistbunfront.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 426
  • twistbunwflower.jpg
    twistbunwflower.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 512
  • twistupdo.jpg
    twistupdo.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 541

MsLizziA

These are a couple of old favorites. I've been too lazy lately to do more styles w/my twists. The flat twists are the front to the bun w/the flower in it. The other style is med.sized twist pinned up into an updo w/cowrie shells.
love it! I can't wait until my hair is long enough this

beans

This was my first attempt at twisting:

I just recently started twisting singles regularly. I had no idea that they were so simple to do!
I just twist one side towards my face like bangs and let them hang down.

Attachments

• face.jpg
    face.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:

MsLizziA

I just recently started twisting singles regularly. I had no idea that they were so simple to do!
Oh wow you did this yourself?

beans

Oh wow you did this yourself?

Yeah. The back was the trickiest part, but I used to put my hair in braids all the time in high school when I was relaxed and my new growth would get out of hand, so I've had lots of practice.

frizzy

This was a few years ago. Nothing special, but I look back and think of how I was just getting the hang of my natural hair but I had already made up my mind and relaxed shortly after this pic was taken.

good twist 1.jpg

Ms Lala

How did you do those flat twists in that direction? I can only seem to do them straight back.

beans

How did you do those flat twists in that direction? I can only seem to do them straight back.

I had to do them very slowly so I could get the hang of the hand movements I needed to do. It was a pain and they are not as neat as the ones going back.

Fine 4s

Here are the pics I posted today in my thread...

I have other pics in other threads but not on this computer to upload :(

Attachments

• My work style today.JPG
    My work style today.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 244
  • Side view.JPG
    Side view.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 298
  • Back view.JPG
    Back view.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 239