Post Upgrade News

Status
Not open for further replies.

prettyinpurple

Q: On the mobile version, I see page numbers under each thread link. When I'm using a regular browser on my computer, I don't see the page numbers until I hover over the thread link. They were always there on the old version. I like seeing how many pages are in a thread.

Pet peeve, no biggie.

Thanks for all your work on the upgrade! It looks good.

MzSwift

Site looks great! But I'm having trouble finding my photo albums. Are those gonna remain unavailable on the new format? Thanks!

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Site looks great! But I'm having trouble finding my photo albums. Are those gonna remain unavailable on the new format? Thanks!
You can get you photo albums under media, also on your profile page , also click on your avatar and you can just click media page.

MzSwift

You can get you photo albums under media, also on your profile page , also click on your avatar and you can just click media page.

Thanks girl! I was able to get to my album by scrolling down to the bottom of the media page.

That's where I'm running into problems though. There's no media link on my profile page. I can see followers/following, all my wall posts, recent activity but no albums, unless I'm looking in the wrong place

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Has anyone figured out how to upload screen shots from your phone? It's in my phone on the camera, but it disappears when I try to upload it. I only see pics I have actually taken.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Thanks girl! I was able to get to my album by scrolling down to the bottom of the media page.

That's where I'm running into problems though. There's no media link on my profile page. I can see followers/following, all my wall posts, recent activity but no albums, unless I'm looking in the wrong place
Your welcome. Mine looks like thisimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 3

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions

On the media page scroll down to your media image.jpg

PinkDiamond

Has anyone else noticed the ad banner across the top of the page is too long on the mobile version. It's causing the mobile version of the web site to double in size but half the web page is blank. When I scroll up or down the page it moves the page to the left leaving me with a blank screen and I have to re center the page to read anything. Also the ad can only be read half way because it double the size of the page.
image.jpg

Nazaneen

@dimopoulos Posting this on behalf of Kanozas:
This is the message being received:

" Your account is currently awaiting confirmation. Confirmation was sent to
Resend Confirmation Email

Long Hair Care Forum - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

I recently purchased my subscription in February or March of this year and do not have full access to the website. Please fix this issue. Thank you.

She is following the email link but it doesn't work and won't confirm her account.

prettyinpurple

^^I wonder if the confirmation links times out after a certain number of days. Or maybe it's invalid with the upgrade since it's from the old forum.

I had to re-confirm my account earlier this week after making some profile changes. The e-mail didn't link didn't work at first but I waited a while and it worked later in the day. I chalked it up to kinks with the new stuff.

Leesh

Has anyone else noticed the ad banner across the top of the page is too long on the mobile version. It's causing the mobile version of the web site to double in size but half the web page is blank. When I scroll up or down the page it moves the page to the left leaving me with a blank screen and I have to re center the page to read anything. Also the ad can only be read half way because it double the size of the page.
View attachment 325133

@dimopoulos.

Yes...It seems as everything is squeezed over to the left of the screen. It wasnt like that last night, just since today. See below.
upload_2015-4-11_10-56-43.png
upload_2015-4-11_10-56-43.png

Amarilles

I use adblock on my laptop but the ads on my phone are way annoying. :(

Why are we plagued with ads when we pay for this site anyway??

Last edited:

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member
I use adblock on my laptop but the ads on my phone are way annoying. :(

Why are we plagued with ads when we pay for this site anyway??
Because you pay a very low subscription fee of $6.50 a year which equates to pennies a day. I have tried my best to keep the subscription low so that everyone can afford it. It is very expensive to purchase software, hardware, and provide IT services for the site. Yes I actually do have many expenses for this site, which cost several thousand dollars annually. I want this site to be accessible to every income class, so yes the ads will continue to be there to offset cost. The issue with the how the ad fits on the pages, and other things will slowly be corrected over the next few weeks (if this is a universal issue). The ironic thing is that I do not have the issue with the ads adjusting the format of the forum on my phone. I have an iphone6 with current updates, you may want to upgrade your browser software, phone software, or look into other solutions with your service provider in the meantime.

Nikos has put a lot of man hours into this upgrade, but he has other responsibilities in addition to working on this website. We thank you for your patience as he continues to work on improving the services.

Last edited:

LovelyLouboutin

@dimopoulos is there a reason why we can not cut and paste into the forum (from iphone).

I started a thread yesterday and I copied the article and tried to pasts it into the thread and I couldnt.

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Yes the FOTM was part of our blogs. I am hesitant at the moment to migrate that content to a new platform; I need to make sure that there is lifetime support for it so that we don't get stuck with something that won't work in the near future

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
I must say that I really like the additions to the new site.:

the "new" tags, spoiler option, the alerts, etc, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.