Post Upgrade News

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag00

@dimopoulos When I tell you this update is EVERYTHING!!! I was work at this morning when I first logged in to see the new site and I was so disappointed because there were so many kinks. I thought it was gonna stay like that. But now I got home and wow the site interface and updates are SO CLEAN and well run. Thank you for these well needed updates and features! I see true growth and expansion for this forum in the future!

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Posting this on behalf of someone who cannot access forums currently:

New member, would like to pay subscribe, awaiting email for confirmation of membership but it's never arrived. Resent various times.
Name is Northface9...
Do you mind asking your friend to request a new password? The firewall was blocking the emails :/

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
@dimopoulos When I tell you this update is EVERYTHING!!! I was work at this morning when I first logged in to see the new site and I was so disappointed because there were so many kinks. I thought it was gonna stay like that. But now I got home and wow the site interface and updates are SO CLEAN and well run. Thank you for these well needed updates and features! I see true growth and expansion for this forum in the future!
Thank you @ag00 I am glad you like it.

LovelyLouboutin

@dimopoulos everyte I leave the Internet browser and use an app on my phone or view another webpage I come back to the forum and have to sign in again (despite having the "keep me logged in" button checked.

I view from my phone.

Is there something I can do to fix this?

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
@LovelyLouboutin I have not experienced this either on the iPad or an android tabled. It could be something related to your phone but I will check the logs anyway to make sure that it is not something on this end.

lawdiva

This is happening when I try to access with my galaxy note 4 or my ipad.

I think you are getting the message because you were trying to use the old LHCF app on your phone or tablet to access the site. I got the same message but from what I recall from a previous admin post, the app is no longer going to be working or supported after the conversion to the new website platform. I think we now have to use our internet browser to access the new mobile friendly website.

OhTall1

@LovelyLouboutin I have not experienced this either on the iPad or an android tabled. It could be something related to your phone but I will check the logs anyway to make sure that it is not something on this end.
I'm experiencing the same problem on my iPhone

ETA: The only way I was able to get this to work was to download Chrome on my iPad and iPhone. Now my password is being retained and I'm not having to re-enter it every time. The only downside is that I can't add a Chrome bookmark directly onto my home screen, but it's probably not a big deal since I'll probably only use Chrome to access LHCF. HTH!

Last edited:

GettingKinky

I like the upgraded forum and as an app user it works better on my phone than I anticipated but I still miss the app. The things I miss the most from the app are

-- the stickies were a separate tab so I didn't have to scroll past them all the time. They take up a lot of screen space. Is there a way to mimic this with the web page?

-- more seemed to fit on a page with the app even though the font was larger and easier to read

-- on the app "pages" seemed to load faster.

Are there any plans to have an app again in the future? I would even be willing to pay for an app

GettingKinky

I just tried to upload a picture from the camera roll on my phone and it's taking forever. Am I doing something wrong?

JustSitNBePretty

That is not a standard feature of this forum. The reason behind it is search engine optimization. If everyone has the same number of posts per page then the cross linking (copy url and paste it somewhere else in another topic) will not break things.

I will increase it to 20 per page.
Can you increase it to 30? Or am I asking for too much?

Nazaneen

@dimopoulos my friend is still having trouble.
she said:
"in order to complete your registration at Long Hair Care Forum, you need to confirm your account by following the link below."
I click the link and it says it cannot confirm.

She's not receiving the email.

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
@dimopoulos my friend is still having trouble.
she said:
"in order to complete your registration at Long Hair Care Forum, you need to confirm your account by following the link below."
I click the link and it says it cannot confirm.

She's not receiving the email.
I will send you a message when I get back home to resolve this.

Status
Not open for further replies.