Post Your Complete Hair Care Regimen Including Products You Use

Blessedhairgro

Hi Ladies,
I know there are a few posts on challenges and the strategies we have for our hair in 2007 and I've gotten a lot out of all of them but I haven't seen one in a while where everyone posted their complete hair care regimen including the products you will use to achieve and maintain hair health & growth so I thought it would be fun to start one for this year. The last thread I saw like this I completely printed out (lots of pages :)) and refer to it even until this day. I credit all your regimens with my new found hair health. Thanks ladies! Please post your regimens you don't know how it helps your sisters out :). Here is my main regimen below:

Wash & deep condition 2X per week (every 3 or 4 days) with a rotation of the products below, I am a BIG PJ and I just entered the Use it Up challenge :lol:

Products:
Relaxer: ORS Olive Oil no lye-regular strength every 12-14 weeks (I relax it myself, YaY!)
Pre-poo
(only when I'm 8-12 weeks post relaxer to soften new growth): once a week with any cholesterol mixed with honey, olive oil & castor oil on dry hair for 1 hour.Shampoo: CON Green or Tigi Bedhead moisture maniac shampoo, Nexxus Aloe Rid (to clarify once a month)
Conditioners (used to detangle after poo & rinsed right out): Jason's Johoba, Pantene relaxed & natural, Tigi bedhead moisture maniac, Suave humectant, Suave biobasics, NTM daily deep conditioner
Deep conditioners: (left on for 1 hour)Silk elements moisture treatment, Tigi catwalk oatmeal & honey, Silicon Mix, Jason's Sea Kelp, Nexxus Humectress, Pantene Relaxed & natural damage defense masque, NTM masque, Nexxus keraphix (protein treatment, 15 min), ORS Mayo (Protein treatment, 15-30 min with heat) I always deep condition under a plastic cap
Leave In: salerm 21, Nexxus headress, giovanni direct
Hair Drying process: rollerset under dome dryer and wrap. If I'm feeling lazy I blow dry and roll hair with satin rollers.
Hair styes: Now that it's winter it's phony ponies and the baggie method til its warm.

Last edited:

Carla From VA

I shampoo once per week.
Products:
shampoo: Acetite de Olivia, Neutrogena Clarifying or Paul Mitchell Super Skinny. I used CON for several months, but it really builds up on my hair, so I'm giving it a rest for awhile
conditioner: Acetite de Olivia or Mizani Moisturefuse (awesome moisturizing conditioner)
heavy duty protein treatments: Aphoghee when my breakage is out of control, or Nexxus Emergencee every 2 weeks.
deep conditioner: awaiting roundbrush.com order of Avocado deep conditioner
leave in: Infusium 23 leave in (high in protein, don't use too much anymore, just every now and then), new product-Lacio Lacio (also has silk proteins, made my hair really soft, 2nd time using it)
hair drying process: hood dryer with big pink jetset rollers, or smooth hair down, tie on a scarf and let it air dry
hair styles: sew in weave, usually just flat ironed or bumped under the ends, as hair has grown out, I am able to use less and less hair with each install
moisturizers: jojoba oil, shea butter and mango butter purchased at From Nature with Love, warmed in the microwave for 1 minute and stirred up. Once it solidfies, it makes an excellent way to seal in moisture, and you can use it on your dry skin too. I put some on at night and put my silky scarf on.
I also use serums too: Paul Michell Super Skinny and Smooth and Shine serum.
I have WAY more products than this, but these are what I'm currently using.

trulyurangel82

Mines pretty simple.

I shampoo once or twice a week.

Shampoo-Suave Humectant Shampoo

Conditioner-Aubreys gpb conditioner or bert bees tea tree conditioner.
I deep condition for 15 minutes.

leave in-giovanni direct

I either blow dry it straight (low setting) and just put it in a pony tail. Lately ive been doing that. OR I do a roller set and air dry or go under the dryer using the cool setting. Then after the roller set I might just leave it alone or I will flat iron it afterwards.

Blowdryer-ion ceramic dryer

Dryer-Ion hooded dryer

Flat iron-fhi

serum-fx silk drops.

I use natural coconut oil on my hair daily. If my hair is dry I spritze it with water and seal it with coconut oil.

Ive been using sulphur mixed with kemi oyl/castor oil in a bottle to fill in edges.

prettypuff1

SO here is my regimine
I shampoo once a week by following these steps.
- Prepoo with AphoGee intense Keratin Reconstructor(my hair is still weak) for 30 minutes with heated cap
- Poo with AphoGee Evening Primrose Shampoo
- Deep Condition with the ORS Replenish Pak for as long as i feel like.. Usually an hour or so.
- Airdry, with my Hollywood Olive oil, MTG and SUrge 14+ applied. I wash Friday so saturday i can look like a Bum.
- Once it is Dry, I rollerset and sleep overnight with it.
I dont use any heat unless it is time for my aphogee treatment.( YAY)
Daily, I Apply Surge, Hollywood Olive oil Dressing, and MTG..... I rollerset nightly. I dont protective Style( i HATE ponytails), becaue the ponytails always did more harm than good to my nape/ edges... It is pretty simple for me. No Co-washes, I dont have the time to do it, as i like to wear my hair out for most of the time. I want to Henna but i am scared. I may get a sew in when i get to 16 weeks post because i am gonna have some SERIOUS ng

RosesBlack

It all starts on Sundays.

Sunday- Prepoo w Nature's Gate Henna Con mixed w/either a little Doo Gro or EVOO if I have it. Put on a plastic cap and clean the house or when it's slightly dry to the touch I wrap my head in a scarf and go on about my business. I use Nature's Gate Tea Tree shampoo. Depending on how my hair feels I deep con w/ either Queen Helene's Cholesterol Con or Freeman Mega moisture while I do my facial masks.

I either air dry or bun when I'm done with that.

I use Elasta QP mango butter on the length and Doo Gro oil on my scalp and to seal my ends.

Every other night (or so depending on how my hair feels) I moisturize with the Mango Butter and a little DooGro.

I bun nightly with a scarf wrapped around it. I generally don't comb my hair out more than every other day.

If I am feeling super adventurous I will braid my hair but I don' do it often because I'm not very good at it.

If I need to I will CO wash midweek if my hair or scalp feels icky.

RZILYNT

I have so much stuff now. But I will post what I am currently doing.

Pre Poo with Amla oil night before
Shampoo every 4th or 5th day
Pantene R&N Or Suave Clarify Shampoo
DC with UBH for 20 Mins under Dome dryer with plastic cap -rinse
Moisturize with NTM DC and then apply Proclaim Aloe Vera Hot oil on top of that and sit under dome dyer for 15 mins rinse, final rinse with cool water.
Apply Leave in Lacio Lacio all over( I love this stuff)
apply Mango Butter on the ends and edges
Last apply Aphogee gloss serum lightly all over.

Air dry - Tie a silk scarf around my head before bed
Hair is nice and straight for work the next morning

gymfreak336

I wash atleast twice a week.

I poo with creme of nature or keracare shampoo for dry/itchy scalps.
I condition with one of my three aubrey organics moisturizing conditioners for 20mins. Sometimes I will use aubreys gpb conditioner for 3 mins or so and follow with either aubreys honeysuckle and rose or queen helene cholesterol with heat.
I rinse and apply one of my fav. leave ins. Right now with alot of new growth the sunsilk 24/7 creme in the purple bottle is working very well. I also use Rusk smoothers leave in and Neutrogena triple moisture leave in. I then apply ORS Olive oil faom wrap and rollerset my hair. I will also apply a quarter sized amount of chi sikl infusion before I rollerset. I sit under a dry until dry, usually 45mins to an hour and thats it.

I also will sometimes soak my hair in garnier conditioner beofre washing.

If I go get my hair done I will bring my own conditioner.

baglady215

Here is the regimen I would like to stick to for 2007.

Saturday or Sunday:
Prepoo hot oil w/ghetto steam treatment (hot towel under plastic cap :lol:)
Shampoo
Deep condition 30-45 mins under dryer
Leave-in
Serum or oil
Air dry in bun or Rollerset
Daily mist w/distilled water mix and seal w/oil

Midweek:
Possible CW w/Kenra MC

Products
Kenra Moisturizing poo and conditioner rotated with PM Super Skinny for rollersets
Clarifier - Nexxus Aloe Rid (will see if I like)
Other Conditioners - Motions CPR, Elasta DPR-11, ORS Pak
Rusk Smoother Leave In
Serums - Kenra gloss, Chi Silk Infusion, NTM, PM Super Skinny
Oils - Amla, Vatika, EVOO
Daily moisture - BB Castor Oil Moisturizer, Distilled water mix

CAPlush

Every 3-4 days:

1) Wash with NTM Cream Lather or Motions Lavish Shampoo
2) Deep condition with a staple: Motions CPR, Roux Mendex, or ORS Replenish OR if the mood strikes me experiment with something new
3) Condition with NTM DDC or Motions Moisture Plus
4) Leave-In Salerm 21
5) Seal with Wild Growth Oil

Styling: I airdry pinned back most of the time. If I need to wear my hair down, I airdry loose and flat iron (hopefully no more than 1-2x a month).

Every 5-6 Weeks -- Do an Aphogee treatment
Every 10-12 Weeks -- Relax with ???

FAMUDva

Shampoo- Every 7-10 days

Shampoo- 1st lather Pantene Clarifying
- 2nd lather NTM Moisterizing Shampoo
DC- NTM Mask
Leave in- NTM Silk Touch, sealed with NTM serum if I'm roller setting

These days, I roller set as I'm tired of buns and pony tails. I use Macherieamour's tips for rollersetting with leave in and water only.

Other
-MTG on scalp 1-3 times a week
-moisterize ends with NTM Silk touch leave in or QP Mango Butter
-seal w/ jojoba oil
- no direct heat at home; only when at the salon every month or 2
- relax at the salon every 10-12 weeks
- trim 2x a year or as needed

That's it... Nothing special. :)

camellia

I shampoo every two or three days. I use mainly Nexxus and Alterna shampoos

I deep condition for 45 minutes to an hour after each shampoo with a plastic cap and a towel hot from the dryer. I use mostly Nexxus and Alterna conditioners. I always mix a little warmed honey and oil into my conditioner.

After deep conditioning I blot my hair dry with a towel and then apply a little Nexxus Humectress as a leave in. I seal it in with some pure avocado butter. Then I let my hair air dry either in two braids down my back or pinned up in a loose bun.

If my hair needs a little moisture in between washings I mist it with water and then smooth a few drops of unrefined hemp seed oil through my hair.

I wear buns 80% of the time.

20perlz

I am still learning but I do have a regimen that is a mix of what I did before and things I learned on this board.

I wash every 3-4 days.

I begin with ORS Mayo on dry hair as a pre con.
Wash with Keracare Hydrating Poo.
Deep Condition with Keracare Humecto.
Detangle with VO5 detangle & Shine.
Rollerset with MNT as leave in, water, and a little wrap lotion to smooth.
Air dry rollerset for 3 hours.
Take down the rollers put WGO on my edges and ends.
Lightly dress the length with NTM leave in moisturizer.
Re-roll each curl on satin rollers and hit the bed.

The next day I take the rollers down and pin the majority of my hair up.

I like this style.All of my ends are not always protected but it is def. low manipulation.

That's me. STILL LEARNING but I think this is OK for now........ :)

LovelyLionessa

I love these Regimen Library threads, way to go Blessedhairgro! :D

Currently I wash 1x a week. I pre-poo with conditioner and oil to condition and detangle my hair. I plait my hair in 4 braids and shampoo w/CON green or Aveda Black Malva poo. Then I apply Paul Mitchell The Detangler and Garnier Length and Strength conditioner and comb under the shower stream in sections taking down the braids one at a time. I condition with whatever I'm trying to use up or faves like Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, White Camellia or LeKair Cholesterol Plus mixed with oil.

Afterwards I apply my leave-ins Rusk Smoother and Silk Elements creme and comb through with my bone comb. I add some Hollywood Castor Oil Treatment to my ends and airdry. I henna approx. 1x month often mixed with indigo to give my hair the deep dark color I like without the henna red.

Lately I've been using BB Oil Moisturizer and Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling lotion sealed with oil as leave-ins.

I wear my hair down after having done an overnight crosswrap or twistout. Sometimes I wear a bun or a French Twist as protective styles.

I self-relax every 10-12 weeks with Silk Elements lye reg. formula. :)

*Revised Update: For the first time since I started self relaxing my hair is no longer underprocessed so I've modified my airdrying procedures and will not be relying on heat as much. Also, I'm considering moving my deep conditioning to my pre-poo time. :)

Last edited:

sapphire74

FAMUDva said:
Shampoo- Every 7-10 days

DC- NTM Mask

These days, I roller set as I'm tired of buns and pony tails. I use Macherieamour's tips for rollersetting with leave in and water only.

Other
-seal w/ jojoba oil

FAMUDva,

You say you only use heat when visiting the salon. How do you do your rollersets on dry hair?

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I'm such a PJ and have so much stuff to use, so I'll just list the products I'm currently using and my staples.

Wash days (for winter) are Sunday and Wednesday

~Pre-poo with a Suave conditioner (right now it's Fresh Berry Smoothie) for at least an hour
~Shampoo (I'll use pretty much anything, but my staples are Dove Intense Moisture, NTM Cream Lather, and Pantene Relaxed and Natural Breakage Defense)
~Deep condition with a heat cap for 20 minutes(right now it's a product called Luster's Pink RevitaLEX Moisturizing conditioner, but my favorite is the ORS Pak mixed with some Humectress or Pantene Relaxed and Natural Breakage Defense Mask)
~Leave-In (right now I'm using the SE cream, but my favorite leave ins are Garnier Long and Strong Leave In or Pantene Relaxed and Natural Wrap and Set Lotion)
~Seal with oil (right now it's Kemi Oyl or Softee Coconut Oil)

~I do a rinse every 2-3 months

~If i go back to relaxing, it will be every 13 weeks with SE Mild Lye

stargazer613

Hi, I'm a Pj as well :) , so the products I use to wash with change on a weekly/monthly basis. But here's my most recent regime:

Prepoo with Hair Mayo (Africa's Best) or Redken All Soft Heavy Cream or Giovanni Nutrafixx (or any protein con), usually mix it with either jojoba, olive or amla oil.
Leave on my hair for approx. 30 min.
Rinse with ACV and distilled water
Clarify with Either Aveda Scalp Benefits or Elucence Clarifying poo
Use a moisturizing poo like Elucence, Alterna Hydrate or Phytojojoba
Deep condition (1 hr) with Aussie 3 Min Miracle, or Phytocitrus or Curl Junkie Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix (yum)
Rinse with lukewarm to cold water
Let hair air dry for about 10-15 min
Apply Heat Protectant ( I like L'Oreal's Heat Straight)
Blow dry with comb attachment on low setting
Press hair
Flat iron (Solia)

Leonora

Hair Care Regimen: Early Saturday/Sunday morning
Whew…this was a real reality check. I didn’t realize how much cramp, I mean stuff I use, so here goes:

Conditioning Wash: Performed weekly; alternating wks with moisturizing conditioner and protein treatments.
Moisturizers: Home Recipe: Coconut milk, olive oil, and Fantasia IC Daily Conditioner and Detangler.
Protein Treatment: Aphogee Treatment For Damaged Hair, Nexxus KerapHix Restorative Protein Creme Reconstructor, LeKair Cholesterol Plus Aloe Formula
Leave-In Detangler: Lanza Dry Hair Formula Detangler
DC: Wkly with UBH Lotion Creme Moisturizer or Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner using hooded-dryer 30-40 min
Color rinse: Weekly with Clairol Beautiful Collection Jet Black
Shampoo (recently modified): Every other month with Aubrey Organics Tea Tree Clarifying Poo
Relaxer: Every 3-4 months (Salon: Affirm Home: Bone Strait)
Heat protectant: PROFECTIV Mega Growth/Fantasia IC Frizz Buster Straightening Gel
Scalp treatment: Essential Oil Mix (olive, castor, aloe vera, carrot, chamomile)
Rollerset: Elasta QP Design Foam & dry for 1.5 hrs. Wrap at bed-time
Flat Iron: Conair Instant Heat Ceramic 2" Wet/Dry Straightener (LUV IT!)
As you can see, I am big on conditioners especially since my hair has always been on the dry side (natural & relaxed)
Styling Gel: Queen Helene Styling gel
Hair length: Top of bra-strap
Goal: Mid-back

cutiebe2

Here's mine
growth aids: MTG (straigth up), MN alternate beween the two during the week
Daily care: light spray morning and evening with Jamaican mango and lime gro spray and ORS olive oil (occasionally)
Deep condition twice per week with either Nexxus Humectress, Nature's gate aloe vera moisturizing conditioner or VO5 cheapie condish (with castor oil added) under heat cap for 30 minutes
occasional shampoo with Paul Mitchel Awapuhi Shampoo or Dove Moisturizing shampoo
im natural by the way!

Jaizee

FAMUDva said:
Shampoo- Every 7-10 days

DC- NTM Mask

Other
-seal w/ jojoba oil

Sorry, this is OT, but FAMU, you are so beautiful!

metalkitty

Right now when my hair's got dreads woven in or if I ever get braids or a weave I do the following.
- Apply mixture of Surge, MTG, and castor oil to my scalp with a color applicator bottle 1- 2 a day
-Spray Surge Braid Odor Neutralizer on my hair after using the above mixture
- Wash with diluted Elasta Qp Scalp Stimulating Shampoo and the SS conditioner mixed. Folow up with a ACV rinse for elasticiy, cleaning, and moisture.

When not in braids I plan on doing the following: Wash 2x weekly with one consisting of a clarifying shampoo, protein treatment or henna, and deep conditioning and the other with an ACV rinse and deep condtioning.

First wash I clarify (with either CON Clarifying or good ole Suave Clarifying), folow up with Breakthru shampoo, henna or protein treat with a mixture of Emergencee & Aphogee, then deep conditon for 30 min. +(with something like SIlicone Mix, Lustrasilk Shea butter cholesteral, DDGB, mixed with porosity control)

Second wash I Pre poo with NTM Hot oil therapy, wash with NTM shampoo, deep condition with deep conditioner of choice for 30 min.

Depending on how my hair feels and looks I might do a 'CO Wash' with Breakthru. ( I consider ultra moisturizing shampoos without harsh sulphates CO washes, since they don't really clean like regular shampoo).

With drying I usually do a ponytail rollerset and get under the dryed under cool while I'm on the computer. I'm looking into bantu knots, buns, and airdying in a braided ponytail.

LocksOfLuV

Nothing special here, super simple.

Pre-Poo-Nexxus Keraphix+oils everyother week

Shampoo, every other week with Keracare Detangling. Every other week I skip the shampoo and slather the DC on dry hair.(carify and protein treat before Dcing, once a month)

Once a week-DC for 40 minutes under hooded dryer with Silicon Mix+Evoo

Leave-In-Silicon Mix sealed with evoo

Add some serum for shine.

Airdry using my personal scarf method.

Everyday, moisturize once a day(with V05 conditioner and Scurl when really post relaxer) and seal with Vatika oil

Relax every 12-14 weeks with ORS reg.

pistachio

Wash & deep condition 2X per week (every 3 or 4 days)

Products:
Relaxer: African Pride no lye-regular strength every 6-8 weeks
Pre-poo: Lustrasilk Aloe Veracholesterol mixed with honey, olive oil & castor oil on dry hair for 1 hour.
Shampoo: CON Green
Conditioners: CON Purple
Deep conditioners: (left on for 1 hour) Philosophy Shear Splendor Conditioning Treatment
Leave In: Chi Keratin Mist
Hair Drying process: Four large plaits left to air dry 90%, then follw up w/blowdryer on low heat, low speed
Hair styes: Four large plaits tucked all tucked together to hide ends.

Blessedhairgro

I forgot to mention that not only did I print out all of the pages from the post on regimens i read early last year but I also put the whole thing in a thick 1"binder :lol: so I could read it easier (the binder is full too). Yes I am hair obsessed or so my husband says but these hair care tips are just that good, you ladies are just too awesome!

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Wash & deep condition once a week mostly, my hair seems to like that especially in the winter. In the summer twice weekly. I rarely deep condition anymore - I'm too lazy. I just condition for 5-7 minutes while I wash the rest of my body. I really need to start doing that again though!

Products:

Relaxer: None

Pre-poo Once in a blue moon I'll smear my hair with olive oil an hour or two before I wash it. That's a great substitute for deep conditioning!

Conditioners Anything moisturizing that says "for dry or damaged hair" is usually moisturizing enough for me

Deep conditioners: usually the same as my regular conditioner but I leave it in for a longer time and I might add a little olive oil.

Leave In: Leave in Liquid Mayonnaise from Organics/Africa's best with No petrolatum and No bees wax or anything like that. I love it! I use it morning and evening every single day. Oh, and I also seal it with olive oil after washing. After that I only use the mayonnaise daily until it's time to wash again.

Hair Drying process: I air dry first for an hour maybe and then I put my hair in a bun to stretch the curls out a little bit and a scarf on top to flatten frizzy hair in the front. It's usually not dry when I take it down in the evening, so I put it in 2 plaits for the night and in the morning it's just how I like it - wavy and soft.

Hair styles: In the winter usually a bun or a long single twist or plait. I wear it down maybe once every second week. In the summer it's easier to wear it down more often.

Qetesh

My hair care regimen changes depending on if it’s flat ironed, also I am still tweaking things and if I feel I need something I may deviate from it slightly.

Products
Shampoo: Softsheen Carsons breakthro moisturizing shampoo, or VO5 Lime Kiwi Clarifying
Conditioner : VO5 Strawberries and Cream moisturizing, or Hello Hydration
Deep Conditioner: Aussie Moist 3 minute miracle, Sarlem Wheat Germ
Reconstructors/ Protein: Nexxus Emergance, Eggs/mayo/molasses/olive oil mix.
Clarify: ACV mixed in 25part to boiled and cooled tap water.
Moisturizers/Oils: Garnier Sleek and shine leave in, Giovanni direct, Almond Oil, Hot Six Oil, Caster Oil
Gels/Butters: Homemade buttercream, BTZ noodlehead
Serums: Garnier Sleek and shine, and Biosilk (switching to Chi Silk)
Spray bottle: distilled water, MSM, rosemary.

My regimen is I flat iron my hair every 2 months. I wear it flat ironed for 3-4 weeks and then I wear it natural from 4-5 weeks. For flat ironing: I first shampoo my hair with breakthro, then I condition with VO5 and deep condition with Sarlem Wheat Germ under the dryer for 20 mins. Rinse with cold water, roll hair up with grey magnetic rollers, put sleek and shine leave in and almond oil in it – sit under the dryer for 1 hour. Take my hair out it is still slightly damp (85-90%dry) put biosilk/chi serum on each section and flat iron my hair at 325 degrees. The maintenance to my flat ironed hair for the 3-4 weeks is sleek and shine leave in, and almond oil nightly pin curling, or jus using caraso rollers in the morning/b4 going out.

During the 4-5 weeks of natural. I wear my hair 2-3 different ways Wash and Go, braid out, or rollerset. When my hair is natural I shampoo it every week and co-wash it once a week so its wet twice a week. I deep condition every time I wet my hair. After I wash the flat ironed hair I clarify with ACV then follow with breakthro, and VO5, Sarlem Wheat Germ. Then I put my caster Oil, my buttercream, and noodlehead in my hair and braid it into 4 braids, let it airdry and take braids out and go. This process is the same for wash and go only I don’t braid my hair up the results are pretty much the same. For wet rollersets I use castor oil, and buttercream if my hair starts to dry at all I use some of my spray bottle mixture on it and I also do not comb thro my hair as I am rolling it I just make sure its smooth. Then I sit under the drier for 40 minutes and then sleep with the rollers/flexirods in my hair. all of my natural styles last at least 3-4 days until my next co-wash or shampoo.